Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/19/2014 10:18:00 PM

Just adding yet another positive review for this little gem of a polish! You can't go wrong with the price either, I got this for about $2 at Target. You get great coverage in just one coat and the color is so opaque that it's a dream to use for nail art as well as other fun nail looks. Right now I'm wearing this color on the tips of my nails (like a silvery French Tip Mani!) over a clear basecoat and China Glaze Techno on top of the tips to add a bit of a holographic gradient glitter look. I can definitely see myself purchasing this again when I run out, great price, great coverage, great wear and application is a dream. LOVE!

I love this! it looks a little weird/harsh on my nails, but I added decorations on it, and painting another color that is a little sparkly(I used the Sally Hansen extreme in red carpet ) and it looked fabulous! it lasts very well, set fast and easily and doesn't really chip that bad, mines kinda just fading, I used it like Sunday or Monday and its still somewhat on (I'm very hard on nail polish)

I was looking for a new silver/grey nail color after I threw my other one out and I got this on a whim at my local Dollar General a couple of weeks ago. It's the perfect shimmery, silver color for me! I love it! It's really shimmery, but they are small shimmers, and if you put a shimmery top coat over it, the color is GORGEOUS. You really only need to apply one coat of this but I apply two just to be sure it is really silver and it dries super fast. It is really a must have. I would repurchase.

Stunningly gorgeous silver chrome shade with very fine microglitter/shimmer. Super impressed with the opacity and length of wear. With two coats and a top coat I can wear this up to a week without chipping. Looks awesome on its own, or paired with a chunky glitter top coat, and I've even used it as a french manicure tip colour paired with black polish. For $1.99 this is a steal of deal for a high quality polish.

on 11/3/2011 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

a fabulous shimmery, silver foil! i got so many compliments when i wear this! it dries relatively quickly, goes on smoothly with no streaking. no problems with application at all and it last quite a while. definitely a must have! so cheap too!

on 8/11/2011 11:26:00 PM

Although the color was exactly how it was advertised on the outside of the bottle, I found that the consistency was very cakey and thick, I'm not sure if the brush had anything to do with it but it was difficult to get it to how I want it. I might use this for detailing in the future, overall I would give it a 4/5.

on 6/7/2011 11:01:00 AM

I was looking for a very particular silver. One that looked like brushed silver jewellry but with sparkles. This fits the bill PERFECTLY!! It's almost chrome like but with shimmer!! Consistency is thinner than some of the other colors in this line, but it's still pretty pigmented. I only need 2 coats to get an opaque color. I use this under OPI's Shatter and it just makes the silver polish really *pop*. I also love the name as well!! "celeb city" :) The only thing I don't like about these polishes is that their pricing can range from $2.74 ~ $5.98/bottle depending on where you get them. I know that different stores have different prices but that kinda price gap is a bit ridiculous!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got this really cheap ($1.50) during Bogo at WalGreens.... thought it would be cute on my toes for summer. It is definitely gunmetal silver... very very metallic-y.

Just not for me, but nothing wrong with the polish in general - gave it a 3.

*EDIT* Ok, after 3 weeks, this polish has faded into a cooler, muted silver that is very pretty. Still not that chipped! impressive, even for a glitter polish. Might be a nice fall back for the summer.

on 5/4/2011 10:58:00 PM

I'm on my my third bottle of this polish - mainly because I couldn't find another silver that has quite the same effect....until I came across China Glaze 'Cheers to You'. The CG polish is more expensive, but I may stick with that one over the Sally Hansen one only because of the consistency. Unfortunately this SH one cakes up and thickens too easily in the bottle and on the brush.

I give this such a high rating though because of it's uniqueness and the fact that you don't need multiple coats to get the full effect.

Overall it's a really good and flattering polish, I just wish the formula were a bit thinner.

on 4/8/2011 5:36:00 AM

So pleasently surprised by this! I usually don't like silvers because I dont like duochormes (I know I might be the only one lol) but this isn't a duochrome. It is like a foil! and it's opaque in 1COAT! staying power is alright, nothing special..

Popular Polishes