Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product is amazing! It coats wicked well, I have been wearing just one coat for 3 weeks, and finally got around to painting the second coat. I had not liked it before, but when I was running out the door for a semi-formal wearing flip-flops, I realized how terrible my toes looked a speed-painted them with this, and I was incredibly impressed on how well it turned out! The color matches everything perfectly. I've been wearing flip-flops everyday since then, and I have received many compliments, even from guys saying how shiny they are! They haven't chipped at all, and I don't plan on removing the color anytime soon. I think I will be wearing this color from now on!

I was looking for a new silver/grey nail color after I threw my other one out and I got this on a whim at my local Dollar General a couple of weeks ago. It's the perfect shimmery, silver color for me! I love it! It's really shimmery, but they are small shimmers, and if you put a shimmery top coat over it, the color is GORGEOUS. You really only need to apply one coat of this but I apply two just to be sure it is really silver and it dries super fast. It is really a must have. I would repurchase.

Stunningly gorgeous silver chrome shade with very fine microglitter/shimmer. Super impressed with the opacity and length of wear. With two coats and a top coat I can wear this up to a week without chipping. Looks awesome on its own, or paired with a chunky glitter top coat, and I've even used it as a french manicure tip colour paired with black polish. For $1.99 this is a steal of deal for a high quality polish.

on 8/26/2012 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love these bottles and I LOVE this color. I wore this for the 4th of July and it was awesome.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's a bit funny - I would consider a good silver polish to be a basic in my polish repertoire, but I haven't actually owned one in several years. I guess I got so caught up in the neons/holos/blues/scenteds that I forgot what's important. This is an excellent, though not perfect, silver polish - a bright, shiny true silver chrome loaded with microsparkle. I feel downright futuristic wearing it on my fingers (wherein it actually makes warm PPP me look a bit more tan somehow), but it's also a perfect pedi color for most seasons. The brush picks up quite a lot of polish and is pretty fat; it's definitely more suited to longer nails. Minor quibbles are that the formula is unexpectedly thin, there's apparently no mixing ball in the bottle, it can be hard to get it non-streaky without applying really thick coats, the base color sometimes covers the glitter and makes the polish look lumpy, and it needs 3 coats for true opacity. It's an excellent polish for the price, though - US$1.96 @ Walmart, which is obscenely cheap considering the beauty and relative quality (only Sinful and Pure Ice polishes are that cheap here, and they're pretty bad formula and wear-wise).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this silver shimmery nail polish. It goes on smooth, very shiny, and very little streaking. It lasts pretty well too. Looks great under some other glittery polishes as well. It is a great drugstore buy and a must have.

This is a very lovely polish! It only takes two quick coats for really vivid sparkle, but it's also great as a single coat over another opaque colour. My only issue is that it does tend to chip after a few days, but this is usually remedied with a good top coat. Will repurchase

on 6/7/2011 11:01:00 AM

I was looking for a very particular silver. One that looked like brushed silver jewellry but with sparkles. This fits the bill PERFECTLY!! It's almost chrome like but with shimmer!! Consistency is thinner than some of the other colors in this line, but it's still pretty pigmented. I only need 2 coats to get an opaque color. I use this under OPI's Shatter and it just makes the silver polish really *pop*. I also love the name as well!! "celeb city" :) The only thing I don't like about these polishes is that their pricing can range from $2.74 ~ $5.98/bottle depending on where you get them. I know that different stores have different prices but that kinda price gap is a bit ridiculous!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got this really cheap ($1.50) during Bogo at WalGreens.... thought it would be cute on my toes for summer. It is definitely gunmetal silver... very very metallic-y.

Just not for me, but nothing wrong with the polish in general - gave it a 3.

*EDIT* Ok, after 3 weeks, this polish has faded into a cooler, muted silver that is very pretty. Still not that chipped! impressive, even for a glitter polish. Might be a nice fall back for the summer.

on 4/8/2011 5:36:00 AM

So pleasently surprised by this! I usually don't like silvers because I dont like duochormes (I know I might be the only one lol) but this isn't a duochrome. It is like a foil! and it's opaque in 1COAT! staying power is alright, nothing special..

Popular Polishes