Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/22/2009 4:48:00 PM

It's a pretty good polish in terms of pigmentation, formula and drying time, which probably explains why I can never find a bottle of it on the shelves of my local CVS. It's one of those rare polishes that you can get away with just one coat - the polish is SO shiny and full of shimmer, and that diffuses most of the light that hits it, making it hard to see any mistakes. That said, I still did 2 coats because I like having full opacity and my 1st coat was a little streaky - I always use very very thin coats, and layering coats while still wet takes off the bottom layer. Not too tricky a polish to apply though; just wait for the first coat to dry before doing the second.

The color is pretty awesome too. Initially, I thought it might be too bright and close to white to be wearable on my skin, but it's actually a perfect neutral, clean silver. Silver is trendy lately, isn't it? A friend of mine recently recommended Revlon's Silver Screen as a good dupe for MAC's $$$$$Yes polish, a silver shade, but I found that the lavender tones were unflattering on my skin. But I too wanted to join the cool crowd and rock the silver polish... and Sally Hansen Celeb City satisfies my lemming, at a very wallet-friendly $2.99 at that.

A picture:

(Excuse the messiness around the cuticles - it's my right hand, and I'm not particularly dexterous when it comes to painting with my left hand.) continued >>

This is a really fantastic straight silver polish. The color is a pure gray/pewter silver, no green or gold cast nor a duotone with colored glitter. This is not a chrome or mirror finish, either - there are fine particles of silver glitter. As with many Sally Hansen polishes, the color is very pigmented, a two-coater for me. There's a slight sheerness to it, so I like to use it over a very dark base coat. I usually hate glitter polishes, but this is a very wearable one.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG! My search for the "perfect" silver is over! I am a huge fan of silver polishes, but end up being disapointed so many times. Many silvers are too streaky or the color itself just washes me out. I picked this up at walmart, gravitating towards it because it was silver. I didn't have high hopes for it initially, but for 2 bucks, thought why not? Little did I know, that this little gem would become holy grail status for me. I applied 2 coats (for optimum opacity) and it left a grogeous, shimmery, foil like silver. Yes, imagine that silver shiny wrapping paper. It even reminded me of the new nail craze "minx". Anyone who is a silver polish lover NEEDS this. It will not leave you disapointed, and you will have dazzling nails. I love this color and will be picking up a back up. for sure.

on 12/2/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this color! Perfect for Winter and the holidays! The silver reminds me of christmas ornaments! It's December, so that's why, I suppose. LOL. I will switch back and forth from a true red to this color. I really love it! It's VERY sparkley, and looks like the texture would feel gritty like real glitter, but it's super smooth! It's very vibrant. 2-3 coats and I look like I've used an expensive nail color, or had them professionally done! This color is superb. By far my favorite nail polish, ever!! I imagine this being perfect for summer, too! As glitter and sparkles are great for summer. I love this, and wouldn't be without it! It wears forever, too! I've had the same 2 coats with no top coat on for about a week and a half, and 98&% of it hasn't moved! Love it! MUST buy! Super cheap, as well!

on 3/25/2010 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Creates an effect akin to what I assume your hands would look like if you were a Terminator with chrome fingernail plating and the organic covering on the tips of your fingers had been scraped off. And it's just as permanent: be prepared to scrub and scrub to get this stuff off.

To clarify, these are both good things!

This one is def. in my top 5 favorite polishes of all time - it's that good! It's the perfect shimmery silver, it's CHEAP, the brush is good, and the formula is fantastic. What more could you want?! This is a one coat wonder if you do a somewhat thick layer, but 2 thin coats is better. Try this under neons too instead of white! I've already bought a back up, so it goes without saying that I would repurchase. I love the Sally Hansen X-treme wear line, and I especially love this little nail polish :)

I'm so disappointed....that I haven't heard more raves about this color! It's such a pretty foil silver. Amazing. As always, love Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line as far as brushes and packaging is concerned. Opaque in 2 coats for sure.
If you love silver...what are you waiting for?!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

It's pure silver sparkle like others have said.. It can be a bit overwhelming, but I really like it! It didn't chip or fade for 2-3 days on me without a topcoat. I think that's pretty great because everything chips or fades on me within 1-2 days. It looks much shinier when you first apply it and it wears down without a topcoat.

It's a really unique color and I bought it for only $3.

I adore this color! My mom came over the other day and was going through my stash of np and also fell in love w/this color! :) She wants to wear it in Vegas this July! :) Silver sparkle delight would be the way I would describe this color...

on 5/12/2010 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Already a huge fan of the Xtreme Wear line of polishes, I bought this color based on the rave reviews on MUA. The photo of the girl holding her phone is very accurate to the color and sparkliness of this polish. For some reason, I imagined it would be a bit darker and less glittery.

I gave it five lipsticks because it's an excellent product and the bottle is honest to the applied color, but I wouldn't buy it again because the color/glitter factor doesn't suit my age and occupation.

Those seeking a good silver sparkle though, this is your polish!

Like other polishes in this line, the quality is incredible, not just for the price, it's incredible even next to the most expensive polishes. it lasts forever (4+ days) without chipping even without a top or base coat.

2 coats gets you completely opaque coverage.

Popular Polishes