Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/18/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a super-shimmery grainy metallic silver. It's a dupe to Orly's Dazzle and Color Club's What a Drag. Gorgeous and cheap.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG! My search for the "perfect" silver is over! I am a huge fan of silver polishes, but end up being disapointed so many times. Many silvers are too streaky or the color itself just washes me out. I picked this up at walmart, gravitating towards it because it was silver. I didn't have high hopes for it initially, but for 2 bucks, thought why not? Little did I know, that this little gem would become holy grail status for me. I applied 2 coats (for optimum opacity) and it left a grogeous, shimmery, foil like silver. Yes, imagine that silver shiny wrapping paper. It even reminded me of the new nail craze "minx". Anyone who is a silver polish lover NEEDS this. It will not leave you disapointed, and you will have dazzling nails. I love this color and will be picking up a back up. for sure.

i LOVE this nail polish so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the color is gorgeous, its unique and stands out, plus it stays on really well without chipping without a base coat even, as long as you apply it on clean nails. i hope they keep making it <3

This is a really fantastic straight silver polish. The color is a pure gray/pewter silver, no green or gold cast nor a duotone with colored glitter. This is not a chrome or mirror finish, either - there are fine particles of silver glitter. As with many Sally Hansen polishes, the color is very pigmented, a two-coater for me. There's a slight sheerness to it, so I like to use it over a very dark base coat. I usually hate glitter polishes, but this is a very wearable one.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Omg!!!! Finally found a nice silver np. I hate buying silver because it comes out either the glitters really big or its chrome-y. But this is perfect!!! They have micro glitters and its sort of sheer. 2coats is all you need. Been wearing it for a week now, and no chip!!! $2 at walmart. You can't go wrong with that!!!!

on 11/20/2009 8:54:00 PM

Celeb City is a wonderful foily metallic silver. This is my favorite type of metallic polish... it has flecks of shimmer that give it depth. I get bottle color with two coats, and it's a great formula. I get many compliments when I wear this polish!

on 11/22/2009 4:48:00 PM

It's a pretty good polish in terms of pigmentation, formula and drying time, which probably explains why I can never find a bottle of it on the shelves of my local CVS. It's one of those rare polishes that you can get away with just one coat - the polish is SO shiny and full of shimmer, and that diffuses most of the light that hits it, making it hard to see any mistakes. That said, I still did 2 coats because I like having full opacity and my 1st coat was a little streaky - I always use very very thin coats, and layering coats while still wet takes off the bottom layer. Not too tricky a polish to apply though; just wait for the first coat to dry before doing the second.

The color is pretty awesome too. Initially, I thought it might be too bright and close to white to be wearable on my skin, but it's actually a perfect neutral, clean silver. Silver is trendy lately, isn't it? A friend of mine recently recommended Revlon's Silver Screen as a good dupe for MAC's $$$$$Yes polish, a silver shade, but I found that the lavender tones were unflattering on my skin. But I too wanted to join the cool crowd and rock the silver polish... and Sally Hansen Celeb City satisfies my lemming, at a very wallet-friendly $2.99 at that.

A picture:

(Excuse the messiness around the cuticles - it's my right hand, and I'm not particularly dexterous when it comes to painting with my left hand.) continued >>

on 12/29/2009 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this nailpolish shade! Best glimmery, icy, shimmery, metallic silver frost I've ever tried. Thick color makes it easily opaque in 2 coats (slightly sheer in 1 coat).
Of all the metallic liquid silver nailpolishes I've tried, this one's the easiest & cleanest to apply.
I don't always do it, but I like to add extra layers of sparkly silver glitter polish on top of it to give my nails a saucy disco ball effect that everyone compliments me on. Yes, that means a lot of layers of polish but they dry fast. This polish is easy to remove with acetone & doesn't stain my nails. Yay!
I love Sally Hansen stuff - it's often high quality without being unreasonably high-priced.
The brush in the bottle is flat, which makes application easier & cleaner. The color you see on the bottle is the color you'll get on your nails. Doesn't dry too shiny, so a brilliant top coat really makes the silver pop.

on 1/2/2010 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shade has become one of my favorites. I love how it applies sooo easily and evenly. Its very smooth to touch once dry - unlike some other glitters that are chunky. It lasts for a very long time to. 5-7 days on my fingers and about 10 days on my toes.

on 1/16/2010 2:42:00 AM

I was surprised how much I liked this polish. :) I used it for a pedicure (I thought it would be too flashy on my hands) and it was absolutely amazing! A very opaque, foil silver. I only used 2 coats for full coverage, and it went an entire week without chipping without a topcoat. Makes me want to try other polishes from this line. :)

Popular Polishes