Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this color. It's silver and glittery and just amazing. I like to out a silver glitter top cost over it to give it a disco ball look!

on 7/25/2013 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for grey shades or something that was neither dark or too pastel. This looks great. It is very light catching. It gets compliments and makes a statement, but is not over the top. It would look good on anyone and silver matches almost everything. In low light, it looks like your nails shine in the dark. Definite repurchase.
Formula: Mixed. With two coats and a top from the Invisible, I don't see major chipping for up to 5 days. The range is wide, great pigmentation, and it's cheap. On the other hand, not crazy about the brush and it takes forever to dry. Even when it does dry, it seems to smudge very easily in the following hours. I've tried to combat this by painting with thinner coats and more drying time, but it's still not perfect. Still I do not wear polish often so these cons aren't too bad. This is still one the best nail polish lines I've used in terms of value for money.

on 12/2/2012 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

The silver nail polish looks cool on its own, applies very evenly too, but I have an even better use of it: to add silver glitter to other nail colors such as red/pink/blue/purple. To add a silver glitter, just scrape the brush along on the rim of the bottle until the brush is almost dry, then lightly stroke across your nails so that it leaves a beautiful silver glitter across the nails. You can control the amount of glitter you want, and it always looks really good and fancy!!! Bravo for a really great product!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's a bit funny - I would consider a good silver polish to be a basic in my polish repertoire, but I haven't actually owned one in several years. I guess I got so caught up in the neons/holos/blues/scenteds that I forgot what's important. This is an excellent, though not perfect, silver polish - a bright, shiny true silver chrome loaded with microsparkle. I feel downright futuristic wearing it on my fingers (wherein it actually makes warm PPP me look a bit more tan somehow), but it's also a perfect pedi color for most seasons. The brush picks up quite a lot of polish and is pretty fat; it's definitely more suited to longer nails. Minor quibbles are that the formula is unexpectedly thin, there's apparently no mixing ball in the bottle, it can be hard to get it non-streaky without applying really thick coats, the base color sometimes covers the glitter and makes the polish look lumpy, and it needs 3 coats for true opacity. It's an excellent polish for the price, though - US$1.96 @ Walmart, which is obscenely cheap considering the beauty and relative quality (only Sinful and Pure Ice polishes are that cheap here, and they're pretty bad formula and wear-wise).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this silver shimmery nail polish. It goes on smooth, very shiny, and very little streaking. It lasts pretty well too. Looks great under some other glittery polishes as well. It is a great drugstore buy and a must have.

on 5/4/2011 10:58:00 PM

I'm on my my third bottle of this polish - mainly because I couldn't find another silver that has quite the same effect....until I came across China Glaze 'Cheers to You'. The CG polish is more expensive, but I may stick with that one over the Sally Hansen one only because of the consistency. Unfortunately this SH one cakes up and thickens too easily in the bottle and on the brush.

I give this such a high rating though because of it's uniqueness and the fact that you don't need multiple coats to get the full effect.

Overall it's a really good and flattering polish, I just wish the formula were a bit thinner.

on 4/7/2011 4:53:00 AM

I LOVE this! I've notice that it takes two coats to get completely opaque, but let me just say, I typically use thin coats and I think you could get away with one fairly thick coat. This color is so sparkly and pretty. It really looks like a disco ball on your nails. So pretty. I can't really comment on the staying power because quite honestly I redo my nails every 2 to 3 days, but I will say I had this on for 2 full days with zero chipping and I think with a good topcoat the staying power would be great.

I love glitter! I love silver nail polish too and this one is very pretty and pigmented. I'm a nurse and I wear it to work because it's not too out there because of the color, yet it's fun. I like wearing fun colors so when I look down at my hands when I'm typing at work it makes me smile.

This one is def. in my top 5 favorite polishes of all time - it's that good! It's the perfect shimmery silver, it's CHEAP, the brush is good, and the formula is fantastic. What more could you want?! This is a one coat wonder if you do a somewhat thick layer, but 2 thin coats is better. Try this under neons too instead of white! I've already bought a back up, so it goes without saying that I would repurchase. I love the Sally Hansen X-treme wear line, and I especially love this little nail polish :)

on 11/8/2010 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing silver nail polish for only 2 bucks (on sale)!!! Very happy that I found this at a new drugstore that just opened today as it's been sold out at many other stores in the past.

Popular Polishes