Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Celeb City

4.7

Price: $

Price: $

I was looking for a new silver/grey nail color after I threw my other one out and I got this on a whim at my local Dollar General a couple of weeks ago. It's the perfect shimmery, silver color for me! I love it! It's really shimmery, but they are small shimmers, and if you put a shimmery top coat over it, the color is GORGEOUS. You really only need to apply one coat of this but I apply two just to be sure it is really silver and it dries super fast. It is really a must have. I would repurchase.

on 4/21/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful shimmery silver! The formula is even and the drying time is quick. It actually chips less than my OPIs to my pleasant surprise. Of course, it's also a bit more difficult to remove~ the shimmers also stay after trying to remove. But overall, it might be my favourite nail polish formula!

on 12/23/2011 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

man this is a hot deal. there are so many other silver glittery nail polishes out there that look almost exactly like this one (how diff can silver glitter get right?) that are so much more expensive! looove it! great for Holidays

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

This has to be my FAVORITE color of nail polish!
Silver matches with pretty much anything! I just painted my nails in this color like 10 minutes ago lol I've been using this for a year now! I don't think it's pricey for the quality! about $2.50-$3.00 maybe depending on where you purchase it? I find putting a primer coat under before applying this polish is great if you only want to do 1 coat of the Celeb City. If you don't do primer, I prefer 2 coats because 1 coat will 'fade' I definitely recommend this product!

on 12/2/2011 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this color! Perfect for Winter and the holidays! The silver reminds me of christmas ornaments! It's December, so that's why, I suppose. LOL. I will switch back and forth from a true red to this color. I really love it! It's VERY sparkley, and looks like the texture would feel gritty like real glitter, but it's super smooth! It's very vibrant. 2-3 coats and I look like I've used an expensive nail color, or had them professionally done! This color is superb. By far my favorite nail polish, ever!! I imagine this being perfect for summer, too! As glitter and sparkles are great for summer. I love this, and wouldn't be without it! It wears forever, too! I've had the same 2 coats with no top coat on for about a week and a half, and 98&% of it hasn't moved! Love it! MUST buy! Super cheap, as well!

on 8/11/2011 11:26:00 PM

Although the color was exactly how it was advertised on the outside of the bottle, I found that the consistency was very cakey and thick, I'm not sure if the brush had anything to do with it but it was difficult to get it to how I want it. I might use this for detailing in the future, overall I would give it a 4/5.

on 7/3/2011 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color is really neat. I just gave myself a pedicure with this and it looks kind of like I painted tin foil onto my nails. I can see myself using this quite a bit, especially now that its summer. The only problems I encountered were with the brush. It seemed to pick up too much of the polish and kind of went on a bit streaky, but otherwise, this is a must-have

This is a very lovely polish! It only takes two quick coats for really vivid sparkle, but it's also great as a single coat over another opaque colour. My only issue is that it does tend to chip after a few days, but this is usually remedied with a good top coat. Will repurchase

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got this really cheap ($1.50) during Bogo at WalGreens.... thought it would be cute on my toes for summer. It is definitely gunmetal silver... very very metallic-y.

Just not for me, but nothing wrong with the polish in general - gave it a 3.

*EDIT* Ok, after 3 weeks, this polish has faded into a cooler, muted silver that is very pretty. Still not that chipped! impressive, even for a glitter polish. Might be a nice fall back for the summer.

on 4/8/2011 5:36:00 AM

So pleasently surprised by this! I usually don't like silvers because I dont like duochormes (I know I might be the only one lol) but this isn't a duochrome. It is like a foil! and it's opaque in 1COAT! staying power is alright, nothing special..

Popular Polishes