Ulta Automatic eyeliner Black

Ulta Automatic eyeliner Black

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I would so buy these if they were a $1!! But I paid $9 I think iirc for mine which is a bit high but this is a better version of Revlon ColorStay/Rimmel Exaggerate imo. This isn't as good as Clinique QuickLiners thou those are my fave automatic liners as well as Smashbox Always Sharp. But those are 2x the price of this little pencil that is a good pencil for a basic pencil, it's creamy & black not the blackest black but a good solid black & I use this on my top lashline when I use it as I'm an old lady not a rocker chic nor goth so I'm pretty conservative w makeup colors.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent buy, better than most expensive brands and really cheap. Perfect liner for tightlining. Minimal smudging and long lasting. I will totally buy again. Took a point of because it's not the smoothest application and it does smudge, although not much. Highly recommend.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is OK. Not HG - but it's a good dupe of the Revlon Colorstay eyeliner. Both products are very similar - even the packaging looks almost the same. Though there is some good staying power for this eyeliner, it still isn't as good as the Revlon. It almost always smears at the outer corners of my eye everytime I use this - and I always wear eye primer. At times, it would smear on my lids. If I forget to wear eyeprimer - then this product would always and without a doubt smear and spread all over and would make my eyes a mess. Though the Revlon eyeliner isn't perfect, it would never smear the way this Ulta liner would. I would never pay full price for this.. but it is definitely worth the $1 when it goes on sale. So I would definitely buy this product again if it was $1, if not - then I would just buy the Revlon. Again, just remember to use your eye primer (I prefer the Too Faced Eye Insurance over the Urban Decay one) everytime you use this liner.

on 7/31/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This eyeliner is okay, nothing amazing. I love the design of it and I like that you don't have to sharpen it. It's a kind of grayish color, not black, so I went over it twice just to darken it. It glides on easily. It's pretty good but the $8 USD pricetag is kind of high for such a simple product. It's also kind of tiny but it's a pretty good quality. It also doesn't go onto the waterline very well so if you use eyeliner there this won't work.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a ton of these when Ulta was having a 2 for 4 promotion. These are amazing! They are nowhere near as good as Revlon Colorstay, but they are worth the price. They do smudge and they aren't very waterproof but they do the job. For an everyday look, I only line the top and it works fine. Stays on until get home, but it does come off if I rub my eyes. The pigmenting is excellent and it goes on smoothly. These do not work well on the waterline (my eyes kinda bulge out so they water a lot) but I didn't expect them to. For lining the waterline and when I need staying power, I use Revlon. For everything else, I go with these. Nonetheless, these are amazing for the price! I will be getting more when they have a sale again!

on 1/25/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for a few months and find that is smears/melts during the day. I find it under my lower eyelashes.
I am switching to liquid eyeliner!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been wearing the black/brown color for years and I LOVE it-it's longwearing, barely smudges and doesn't irritate my eyes. BUT...I just got the black and it's TERRIBLE-smudged under my eyes after an hour. Weird thing is, the black eyeliner doesn't say long lasting and waterproof on the stick, even though it's the only automatic eyeliner in Black that Ulta makes. I'm sticking to Black/brown cuz it's dark enough for me anyway.

on 1/10/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm not an eyeliner snob by any means, but I really dislike this eyeliner. The pigmentation is sub-par and it fades/smudges throughout the day! I will stick with my MAC Kohl eyeliner.

So I only got it because it was super cheap. I have fallen in love with this product, its cheap, does it's job and it's very pigmented. I was iffy at first but its a great find, I even got my girlfriend hooked on it. I would recommend this product to everyone.

on 8/6/2011 11:32:00 PM

works great for the most part, and doesn't smudge as easily as other eyeliners i've tried. my only complaint is that right after i pull off the cap too much of the eyeliner will pop out, and i'll have to constantly fiddle with it to get it to the appropriate length. however, no one else seems to be having this problem, so perhaps mine is just broken due to overuse.