Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All Colors)

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All Colors)
24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (All Colors)UD Alley Cat

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/8/2018 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've come into several of these eyeliners in sets over the years, and they all remind me why I really don't care for them. I've tried several colors, Perversion, Zero, Smoke, Sabbath, Corrupt, Stag, Cosmic, etc.

It does set decently well when dry but not completely, meaning you won't have full-on tear tracks as it melts away from your eyes but it will smudge into a nasty appearance. I do not wish to have to check on my eyeliner any more than I want to see if my lipstick has smudged everywhere. I expect staying power of all my products (moreso when they advertise long-wearing formulas) and this eyeliner falls short in every variation of their pencil formula I've tried.

The glitter ones are chunky and tend towards being very sheer. You possibly can get a swatch that looks half-way decent on your arm, but forget about getting them on your lids. The satin and matte variations tend to have the same opacity, decent but not spectacular, with the mattes obviously being moreso.

At some point the company reformulated these pencils and they are much more dry and crumbly than in years past. I'm not sure if it occured around the time of the Loreal buyout or not, but that frequently is the case when the parent company changes. Some of the colors have the tendency to shrink inside the barrel and fall out completely while still within the suggested manufacture dates. I find that completely unacceptable from a product at this price range.

Honestly, their are better products at drugstore pricing that perform equally as well (or better!) for less than the cost of one of these pencils.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like these eyeliners. So many fun and cool colors to choose from, they don't tug, the shades I have tried don't smudge and they last. I do always use the primer potion because I have oily lids, not sure how long they last without a primer.

I've got so many of these and haven't been disappointed by any of them.

on 12/17/2016 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I have these in several shades, definitely my favourite pencil eyeliner. They glide on smoothly, never tug on the eyelid, but set and last well once set (and I have oily lids). I do find they can run a bit if my eyes get watery but don't tend to smudge on me from "normal" wear. They give a little bit of time to smudge after application but not a lot (only a few seconds), you can't really smoke these out a ton but can diffuse the edges a bit. Great range of colours but I mostly have ones in the more neutral range (the farthest I have from neutral would be Vice and Stash which are hardly brights). I've tried using these as an eyeshadow base but don't think they are great for that application as they're not really very creamy to spread over the lids or blend out, they set too quickly. You do need to sharpen these and they lose their point pretty quickly, but I'd rather have to sharpen than have a hard pencil that jabs me in the eye! I also haven't had these dry up in the pencil which has happened to me with other pencil liners, even after a few years my oldest one still glides on easily and has a nice texture. Packaging wise I like that the pencils are self coloured as it makes it easy to spot the shade I'm after and the lids are sturdy and won't crack like some plastic lids tend to do. They're not cheap but Urban Decay does release mini sets which are a good value if you like the shades included.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Many better and cheaper dupes out there than this expensive eyeliner. Try Jordana eyeliners for 3 dollars each.

on 10/31/2016 4:44:00 AM

The colours! The colours! When UD first released these in the 00s, it was the amazing range of shades I craved. I rejoiced particularly hard over the blues and greens, though these days I wear Stash, perfect for the pale and sallow among us, and whatever variant of black catches my eye (eye! I'm here all week.) Having looked at some of the existing reviews for these, I'm surprised that people have trouble with staying power - I've used these since they first came out and find that once they've set, they barely move at all. However, it does seem that some of the folks having issues like a really precise look, whereas I'm a smudger, so perhaps that's why? On the rare occasions I go for something more graphic I would always need to soften the look with a powder eyeshadow, so maybe that's another factor. With a decent primer this looks ok even if I sleep in it. If you 'refined' your makeup technique looking at photos of Babes In Toyland and Richey Edwards, there's still not a lot to beat it, though I concur it's pants on the waterline - Estée is your friend here for pencil, or Bobbi Brown gel pot and a brush if you're feeling fancy. The texture is one of the best for post-35 lids as it won't drag your crepe out of shape. Still the best all-rounder and remains high on my list of faithful servants.

on 10/31/2016 2:54:00 AM

Once on stays on, it s very mushy and the tip keeps breaking not the best when sharpened

Favorite eyeliners, HG. Amazing color selection, doesn't tug or pull, rich pigmentation.

Ahh the eyeliner frustration: either it tugs on your lids or it goes on smooth. This is the latter of the two, which to me, is the only actual good thing about this product. I'd love to believe that this actually stays on for more than 3 hours but sadly, it does not. Maybe my lids are too oily? Who knows. I do use the UD eye primer potion and the UD shadows but the actual liner itself just does not hold up. Long story short: I looked like a clown by the end of the day.

on 10/16/2016 9:31:00 PM

Smears, smudges, and bleeds on me. Color selection is nice, applies smoothly although the tip gets dull quickly to thin lines are hard without constant sharpening. But for the price, eh, I'd expect it not to wind up under my eyes.

on 10/13/2016 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'd like this better if it came in a twist up, but I would buy it either way. There's an immense array of colors & finishes as with most UD products. The pencil is soft and glides easily, and I've had a tip break only once or twice.

The creamy texture may make it a problem for someone with very oily oil lids & hooded eyes, but otherwise the longevity is all day on its own.