Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

4.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this treatment but not the price at the Salon so I do it myself. I'm a real pro now and the results are incredible. It lasts me between 4 to 6 months because I don't mind my roots frizzy.
Yes it stinks for 3-4 days but it's totally worth it! There are full instructions on youTube and other sites just Google it.

on 1/30/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've struggled with my super curly, super frizzy hair since virtually the day I was born. Growing up in the 80s/early 90s, my choices of straighteners was pretty limited. I tried at home relaxers (just don't...ever), flat irons, hot rollers, you name it. Nothing ever, ever worked for me. About two years ago, I finally plunked down the money for a Chi and was pleasantly surprised to find a flat iron that actually straightened my hair (my how flat irons have evolved!). However, even with the Chi, I still battled with the frizzies and the curl coming back. It also took me a good 45 minutes to completely straighten my hair.

Last summer I got a wild hair (no pun intended) and decided to get my hair colored professionally. I (stupidly) chose a very expensive "high end" salon to get this done. While there, the colorist and everyone who came in contact with me kept going on and on about this keratin complex treatment and how beneficial it would be for my hair. Since I had some disposable money at the time, I decided to go for it.

The first time I got it done I went back to the same high end salon and paid $400. This is a ridiculous price as my hair is barely shoulder length. While I do have lots of hair, it is basically very fine but super curly (think Mariah Carey in her Vision of Love days). The whole process took three whopping hours, but the stylist who did it couldn't have been nicer. Overall, I was very, very pleased with the results. My hair was smooth, silky and so easy to straighten. Luckily for me, I didn't have any adverse effects. My treatment also lasted a bit longer (about four months) as I held off on washing my hair constantly.

After deciding to get the complex again, I knew I had to find a more affordable salon. Since the complex itself is getting more popular, more places are offering it which means better prices for consumers. I highly suggest to anyone interested in getting this done to shop around. High end salons are great if you have money to burn and are concerned about a "name", but they do virtually the same work as smaller salons. I'll gladly trade the trendy atmosphere and loud music to save a few hundred bucks! After some research, I found a salon close to my home that was offering the complex on special for $99. I got the complex done a few weeks ago and again, I'm completely thrilled with the results. Even without the special fee, the salon I went to offers this service for $250. Still pricey but more affordable than high end salons.

In my opinion, this complex is an absolute God-send to those of us who have unruly hair. I would encourage anyone interested in it to thoroughly research it, pick a reputable but moderately priced salon and go for it. Also, be aware of the side effects of the chemicals and bear in mind that this isn't going to completely straighten your hair. If just makes what you have a whole lot easier to manage.

on 8/4/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was so anxious to get this done, I saw reviews about hair loss and stuff like that. I have had no negative issues at all. If you are one of those frizz heads like me, this is a miracle product!! I wanted to dance around the house after my first shower after the treatment.....my hair AIR DRIED in the cutest FRIZZ free style. I was speechless. I am a true believer!!

on 3/11/2010 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I just had this done recently, and I'm very impressed with it. I started out with long (mid-back), thick, very dense, 3a/3b hair. To begin with, it was uncolored, unprocessed, with lots of natural shine - overall, very healthy. The problem, of course, has always been frizz (and therefore an ingrained fear of humidity), poor manageability, coarseness, and thus the inordinate amount of time and effort needed to achieve a salon-quality blowout. Normally, it took me an hour, using a CR134-PR brush and a pro dryer, and I had to be very patient and focused.

When I started going to the gym on a daily basis, I quickly realized that I did not want to hang around the locker room for an hour styling my hair, and that I did not like having to wear my hair curly (and often back, for this reason) every single day.

After getting the treatment, my hair is now 2a/2b, it air dries soft and silky (like a little kid's!), and a 60 minute blowout now takes me 20 minutes, tops, with minimal effort and perfect results. I'm happy to have retained the volume and fullness, while eliminating the frizz. I have much more flexibility, style-wise, and when I let my hair dry naturally it doesn't lose 3-4 inches to curl anymore. Honestly, my hair is 100% more manageable.

People who do not have naturally curly hair might find proclamations of "This treatment changed my life!" to be dramatic, but it really can make a huge difference.

UPDATE: After a 10 minute walk in a drizzle with blown out hair and no umbrella - no frizz! I'm in disbelief!