Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

4.1

on 1/27/2015 8:55:00 PM

SMELLS!! HELP PLEASE!!! I got this done at my salon and my HAIR smells awful!! At first I thought there was a dead mouse in my aprtment and theni realized it was my hair towel!! Now in the shower as soon as I put on my shampoo, and yes I have tried many kinds and pretty smelling ones my hair smells like rotten saurkraut, awful sulfur smell.
Once I dry it, it is fine. WHat should I do? I will call my salon and maybe they can do a glaze to seal it in? I am not happy!! Yes its great that my hair blow dries in 5 minutes, straight frizz free but it is an awful smell wet!!!
Please help!

on 3/6/2011 7:08:00 AM

I'm not sure if I'm categorizing this correctly but I recently got a Keratin Treatment after hearing all the rave reviews about it. I have boofy frizzy hair that looks awful if I leave it to dry naturally and I was recommended this product by a hair stylist at a photo shoot. Anyway, I went to a place that used the Global Keratin brand but when I got there they informed me that GK had just recalled all the old product a couple of days ago because it had too much formaldehyde than what is legal in Australia. The hairdresser said that the new one they replaced it with isn't as good and won't really help with boofyness, but more just with frizz and softness. I almost left but my $175 deposit kept me firmly planted to the salon chair.

After a big stuff up on the salons part they realised they didn't have ANY type of the Keratin left and had to get it sent by a taxi, whilst I waited in store for 2 and a half hours. Again, I kept telling myself it would be worth it to have gorgeous soft, silky smooth hair. When it finally came, the hairdresser was very rough with putting it into my hair so now unfortunately I have a lot of broken damaged strands that contribute to unattractive fly-aways. Also they told me to leave the Keratin in for only 48 hours which is contrary to everything I had read (4 - 7 days).

So in conclusion, the result - It is softer. It is a bit easier to manage, not AS boofy but not smooth either. Does not straighten hair at all. There are lots of fly aways from damage during the process and there wasn't as much shine as I was told I would have. It might be a bit brighter but not noticeably. Over all it would be an good treatment just to help moisturize dry hair, but for the price I paid all up (including the shampoo and conditioner you have to get) which was $420 It was DEFINITELY NOT worth it. And I guess the bad experience at the salon I went to didn't help. I'm thinking I should have just left it in longer and not listened to the hairdresser and maybe it would be better. If considering this, make sure you check that it has formaldehyde in it or it will not work as well.

on 10/17/2010 5:18:00 PM

I LOVE the results of this product. I had the treatment done two weeks ago on my fine but thick (fine strands, but lots of it) hair. My hair is wavy and typically has lots of pouf and volume. I normally have to put product in to tame it, and tie it back while it dries. I have it balyaged (painted highlights) about once every four months.

The results of this product are that my hair strands are much smoother and they finally lay down flat. My hair looks much healthier than before and has more shine. It still has body though most of the curl is gone.

However, the one caveat to this product - I have always had very healthy hair. Other than the balyage treatments, I do not damage my hair much. I will occasionally partially blow dry it but do not flat iron or curl and always use Kerastase shampoos and deep conditioners which strenthen and moisturize better than any other products I've found. The person who cuts my hair checks the cuticles each time I come in and always remarks that my hair is super healthy. Until yesterday, when I went in for my usual trim and she found my hair strands to be very weak and to tear easily when running a comb through.

I've noticed over the past two weeks I have some broken hairs, and my hairdresser noted that I had split ends (the first time she's ever seen split ends and I have gone to her for years).

While this treatment makes your hair look insanely healthy, it actually does the opposite. The chemical that penetrates the hair shaft weakens it. I asked my hairdresser to rate it on a scale of one to perm, and she said it is actually worse than a perm.

I love the results so much, I will continue having keratin treatments unless it becomes apparent that all my hair is breaking off and noticeably more thin. If the damage is cumulative after multiple treatments I may be forced to reconsider, but at this point I love it so much that I would rather discontinue highlights if I had to make a choice between treatments to minimize damage.

All in all, I am very happy with the results. I wish this didn't damage the hair shaft. If not for that, I would consider it an absolute miracle product.

I love it so far. It gradually fades out. The first time it only lasted me 3 months even with the proper shampoo and conditioner. I just did it a second time because I had still been ironing my hair often (especially since the treatment came out pretty quickly) and therefore damaged the bottom few inches a lot. Even though it faded quickly I still loved the effect while it was in so it drove me to do it again. My hair was smoother, flatter, shinier, softer, much easier to iron (it ironed in a pinch and stayed straight all day) and manage. The frizz was gone. Unfortunately it fades out and then you really miss the treatment.
I got the treatment again because of the damage done to my hair from extensive ironing, especially in the two-ish months between now and when the treatment wore off. It seemed that the more I ironed my hair the more damaged it would get and the worse it would look. I figured that with the keratin my hair will be more manageable and nicer and I won't have to iron it as much so it will grow back quicker and healthier, especially after cutting off a few inches. I just washed my hair for the third time since I got the second treatment. The first treatment it dried with a wave after the first wash. Tonight I just washed it for the third time since the second treatment and it is almost perfectly pin straight, it looks as if I ironed my hair even though I did not do a thing to it besides brush after washing and let it air dry. Perhaps this is also because I took beter care of it during the no-wash period (I ironed it at least twice a day to reinforce the keratin like I was instucted to do, didn't get it wet or expose it to humidity, kept it down and striaght, and tried to go as long as possible without washing). Now I don't have to do a thing with it, it seems that the treatment works more strongly the second time so far and it is definitely straighter than it was the first time. Hopefully it will last for 5-6 months this time instead of 3. I definitely recommend.

on 9/4/2010 7:48:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I have had 3 Marcia Texiera BKTS and one off brand professional salon Treatments in the last 2.5 years. I tried the Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment today and I have to say so far so good. I had no issues what so ever with the Maricia Texiera treatments bu tthe off brand didn't do so good. The salon professional blocked three hours for me with no other "inbetween" clients. One thing that was different that after he applied the keratin soliton he put a plastic shower cap on my hair and let me set for thirty minutes. No fumes or smell came my way. I will update after I live with it for a few weeks.

on 3/13/2010 9:01:00 PM

My hairdresser asked me if I would let her apply this treatment on my hair, at no charge. After reading about it, I agreed. I had it done on a Monday afternoon and waited until Friday to wash my hair. It was difficult to go 4 days without getting my hair wet, washing it, etc. After the second day, my hair was so greasy looking, that I was embarrased to leave the house.
One month later, it was definitely worth it. My hair is naturally a curly, frizzy blonde mess. Not anymore. I still blowdry it daily, and sometimes use a flat iron to soften the blunt ends, but the time I spend fighting with my hair has been cut down from 45 minutes to ~maybe 5-7 minutes. This treatment has become my number 1, knocking Botox from #1 to #2 (yes, its that good!!!)
I do use the recommended shampoo and conditioner. I bought them for under $20.00 each. Yesterday, I bought the Keratin Replenisher and the Thermashine. My hair was definitely softer after using the Keratin Replenisher.
Update 9/17/10. I got quite a laugh reading how the poster's above described their hair..."birds nest in its natural state" and frizzy frizzy corn husk material thrown in for good measure"....you guys are too funny. I've had the Coppola Keratin treatment done two more times since I first posted a review, and I love love love it. When I first got it done, I was wondering how I would know when it was time to have it done again. I noticed that after about 3 months, when my hair was wet it didn't feel as silky as before, and it seemed to take longer to blowdry. I always use the Coppola shampoo, conditioner and the Intensive treatment, and would strongly suggest anyone who is taking the time to get this done and shelling out the $$$, use the recommended products. Today, I bought the IntenseRX serum and will update on that in a couple of weeks.

on 3/2/2010 10:25:00 PM

My experience with Coppola Keratin Complex

Hairdresser told me it should be effective for 3 to 5 months

My hair: super thick, coarse, dry, frizzy and uncontrollable poof factor.

Week 1: Love it (March)

Week 3: ..still loving it. I don't even use hair conditioner anymore. It actually makes my hair greasy. I have not had to use any styling products either since the treatment. My hair is so much nicer now and consistently nice. What a relief!

Month 3.: ..still recommend it, some wave is coming back

3 1/2 Months THE POOF IS BACK...I had to start using hair conditioner in my hair care regime. Some Frizz is back! So, I had to start using styling products again to control the poof factor. I even had to take the straightening iron to it. The poof factor is not nearly as bad as my hair is normally without the treatment. I notice my old wave coming back too.

Month 5 (August): I will let you know

Summary: I think the hairdresser was saying, you will have perfect hair for 3 months, by month 5 you will begging to have the treatment done again!

on 1/3/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This treatment literally changed my life. That might sound dramatic, but it's true. Before my stylist suggested Keratin Complex, my hair was frizzy, curly, coarse and too much to deal with. Now, it always looks smooth, shiny and natural. It's not a straightening treatment, which I love because I hate the look of pin-straight hair on people that don't naturally have it. Rather, it's a smoothing treatment, which takes the bulk and frizz out of your hair. Before, I was truly a slave to my hair, always dreading vacations and swimming ... Now, I can let it dry naturally or blow it out in half the time. I really can't say enough good things about this.

I PRAY Coppola never discontinues it!!!