Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

I'm a hair stylist and just got this coppola treatment done to my hair! And I just want to say, this system is AMAZING! My hair dries so smooth and basically frizz free. This is not a straightening system, but it will smooth down curls. My very fine hair has been through a lot this year (bleaching, coloring, then bleaching again) and this treatment helped gain its strength back. My ends were a bit toasty due to the 7-10 times of passing a 430 degree flat iron on my hair. However, after a trim you hair will feel so soft and strong. The treatment is super pricey but I honestly think it's worth it. I'm so impressed with my results, that I will continue to have this treatment done to my hair from here on out.

Also to add: Waiting three days (72 hours) to shampoo/ wet hair was a bit tough, but just find yourself a good dry shampoo. This will be your best friend!!

on 5/28/2013 10:14:00 PM

Most of the reviews I read on this product were from people with long, thick, course, and/or curly hair. Being a fine, straight(ish), and thin-haired woman, I thought it would be nice to add a review from that point of view. This is long, but I wanted to give as much detail as possible. Here we go.

A little background on my hair... Fine, thin, natural medium blonde, very dry ends, lots of breakage. My hair has been highlighted for over 10 years, but hadn't been highlighted for about 6 months before the treatment. When allowed to air-dry, my hair was completely unruly. Basically, I COULDN'T air-dry because it dried embarrassingly frizzy, poofy, and half-straight half-wavy. Not pretty. I flat ironed every day since I can remember. It was to the point that I couldn't style it without straightening. If it makes sense, it was so damaged by heat styling that it needed even more heat styling! Viscous cycle... Whole thing in a nutshell, it was frizzy, poofy, weightless (not in a good way), damaged, and uncontrollable no matter what styling products I used. So...

First, when deciding to have the Keratin Complex treatment done on my hair, my main concern was damage and breakage from the extremely high temperature of the flat iron, even though everyone says the treatment is good for your hair. The recommended temperature for fine hair is 410 degrees, with extra passes on the hair. My stylist ended up doing 9 passes or "taps" at the root, then about 6 down the rest of my hair. Watching it, I was scared to death my hair would just fall off. As of now, the day after the treatment, I have only seen a few split hairs. I can't say whether these were due to the treatment or were already there, but I'm leaning toward the treatment since I received a very good haircut after it was done. I can deal with that though, because my hair is completely silky, soft, and smooth. The entire process took 2 1/2 hours including a cut after, because there were two girls working on my hair due to a scheduling mistake. They had to get me out fast. The normal time is more like 3-3 1/2 hours.

Second, I was worried sick that I would pay for this expensive treatment and somehow mess it up. (My salon charged me $350 which included the Keratin Complex shampoo and the vanilla bean deep conditioner) There is a long list of rules to follow afterward. I was afraid of sleeping on it and ending up with a horrible kink in it. Didn't happen. It stayed stick straight. I pulled it back with a silk scarf to wash my face, so it stayed dry. I put it behind my ears a couple times by habit today and when I realized it and took it out from behind my ear, it was still stick straight. (I'm writing this review on the second day after the treatment.)

So, my verdict: So far, this was SO worth the money. I was desperate, at the end of my rope, and ready to just shave my head and start again. (Ok maybe not) But seriously, I had no clue what else to try. I've probably spent three times the money in the last couple months on shampoos and conditioners, styling products, deep conditioners, at-home treatments, etc, than I did yesterday for a 4-5 month solution to my problems. I even broke down and tried both the Kerastase Nutritive and Resistance lines, to no avail. So, in my case, I'm actually saving money by paying for this expensive "hair thing" as my husband calls it lol! My hair is as smooth as a baby's hair, bouncy, and finally has that "weight" to it that healthy hair has... What I mean by "weight" is the weight that allows each individual strand to swing back and forth when I turn my head, instead of the whole mop just moving together in one ugly motion. I have never had that before! It is as sleek as a model on a hair commercial and shines like glass. I couldn't be more impressed. Side note: I do have a few Alfalfa sprigs on the top of my head. They are hairs that were broken before that I am used to struggling with in the form of kinky flyaways. Now they are totally straight, but stick due North! Ha! My stylist said they would calm down after my first wash.

I will post an update after my first wash and include pictures. I plan to wash and just blow dry. I'm actually hoping to get a little volume back after washing. When I say my hair is straight, I mean STRAIGHT. And it looks very thin, but what do you expect when you straighten the beegees out of already thin hair? In the meantime, take a look at the before and after pics on my profile. Hope this helps someone out there to make a decision.

UPDATE: After my first wash, I was able to simply blow dry my hair with a regular vent brush and it was perfectly smooth and straight. I could not be more impressed. However, I'm noticing more and more split ends and breaking hairs... I am attributing this to the flat iron temp on my fine and fragile hair. I hope this stops soon. I'm using the Copolla vanilla bean deep conditioner and Marrakesh oil, and hoping that will help. I have now washed my hair twice, and the results are the same as the first wash. I am very happy. I removed one lipstick for the fact that my hair is breaking and splitting. Hopefully this does not become a major problem!

This was a pretty big investment and it did deliver for the first month or so but later my hair just started looking damaged and dry. The ends looked especially fried and I couldn't help but regret not getting the same one as my sister who got a Cocoa Keratin treatment instead of the Coppola. I guess argan oil does make the difference because her hair is perfectly healthy :(

on 2/25/2012 10:29:00 PM

Keratin Complex Infusion -Keratin Replenisher

I just found this product. I'm a lover of all of the Coppola Keratin Hair products. This does exactly what ot says I'm not overly fond of the scent but it's light and disappears after I use my flat-iron.

I have long thick naturally curly hair (think Skakira) and I straighten my hair and Bleach it...Also I use my flat-iron regulary. Coppola's
line of Keratin Shampoo/Conditioner's and Therapy products are my new must have. My Hair looks and feels healthier and stronger.

on 12/7/2011 6:10:00 PM

I'll start of by saying, in this area, this treatment runs about $300 a pop. Luckily, I got it on one of those internet coupon sites for only $89, so I thought I'd give it a try.

The process was pretty simple. Washing my hair, then applying the complex with a coloring like brush, let it sit, then blow dry and straightening my hair. The no getting it went or tucking/pinning hair for 72 hours was a bit of a pain, but nothing that was intolerable.

It's been six weeks now since the treatment, and I have to say I do enjoy the benefits of this. My hair doesn't dry stick straight, but there is absolutely zero frizz and it's softly waved. My hair used to dry to the size of a small, frizzy, curly afro. It used to take me an hour to blow dry and straighten my hair, now I can get it done in half an hour. I've also had no problem curling my hair. In fact, my hair seems to hold curls better now.

I have only two complaints. First, being cost. This isn't something so brilliantly wonderful that I'd spend $300 on it every two months. Luckily, if you're handy and have a friend that can help, you can buy a bottle of the stuff online for half the cost of one treatment and get 2-4 treatments out of it depending on how long and thick your hair is. Secondly, I've noticed that my hair now gets oilier faster than before the treatment. I trained my hair/scalp to be able to wash my hair only once a week, and it was in excellent condition. Now, by day four, it's pretty flat and oily and I have to wash it twice a week. Still not that bad, but a minor inconvenience.

Overall, I give it 3 stars. Not a super amazing product, but considering it's ease of application and the ability to buy this and do it yourself, it's a nice option.

on 8/4/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was so anxious to get this done, I saw reviews about hair loss and stuff like that. I have had no negative issues at all. If you are one of those frizz heads like me, this is a miracle product!! I wanted to dance around the house after my first shower after the treatment.....my hair AIR DRIED in the cutest FRIZZ free style. I was speechless. I am a true believer!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have dry hair due to Hashimoto's disease (thyroid) and in the past year and a half since I've been diagnosed, my hair has been very dry, and lots of breakage halfway up the hairshaft. I stopped going to a salon or doing anything to my hair because it was just so awful. My self esteem went downhill along with the condition of my hair. I finally got sick of my hair color and condition, and went to a new stylist. She recommended the Coppola Keratin Treatment, and I agreed to try it. First, it is EXPENSIVE! But, it lasts 3-5 months. No chlorinated swimming pools and you have to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioners, and alcohol free styling products. Second, it takes about 3 hours to do. Bring a good book. Third, you can't wash your hair or use anything to hold your hair back for 72 hours because it will cause a kink in your hair. If you get your hair wet for any reason during the 72 hours you have to blow dry it and flat iron it. Lots to consider, I know. Now, on to the good stuff: how it worked: this made my formally frizzy hair smooth. Yes! Smooth!! Before I could feel the breakage up the hairshaft, now, I run my fingers along my hair and I feel nothing but smooth hair. This is not a straightener, but it will make your routine much easier to do and shorter. I've not blown out my hair yet. I prefer the curly look and this has made my spiral curls perfect without any product in my hair to make them that way. I just wash, and go. The one thing I do is use this shampoo/conditioner called Thermafuse that my stylist recommended, and she told me to leave the conditioner in my hair and NOT rinse it out (even though the directions on the bottle say to). They are sulfate free and are supposed to help condition your hair with heat. I did partially blow dry my hair with leaving the conditioner in and I loved how it made my hair feel even softer, with no residue. But, I digress. Bottom line: a great treatment, that is time consuming and expensive, and best done when you have a few days off so you don't have to worry about styling your hair. Remember, No sulfate shampoos, No alcohol in your styling products, and NO getting hair wet in swimming pools. These things will help you get more mileage from your Keratin Treatment. I put up before/after pics on my profile, under miscellaneous. Not the best, but you can get an idea of the difference the treatment makes.

on 3/13/2011 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This treatment is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I was sooo sick of my hair, so much effort to stay straight and to make it look halfway decent. It is a little expensive, I bought the 8 oz. bottle and will be able to get two treatments out of it, so it is not that bad at all. The instructions say to use 2-3 oz. of product but I found that I used about 4-5. It was my first time doing the treatment so I probably just layered it on. I did it myself and it took two and a half hours. But I saved the cost of going to a salon, and it really was not very difficult at all. The three days afterward of not washing, putting in a ponytail or even behind my ears were OK, I couldn't go to the gym or anything and had to be careful washing my face. I did the treatment on a Monday and Friday I got my hair colored. it is best to get the treatment done after hair color to seal it in, but it just didn't work that way with my schedule. Anyway, my hair colorist was SO IMPRESSED with the results that she wrote down the name of the treatment, it is like i have a new head of hair. my hair is AMAZING. I cannot emphasize this enough. My hair used to be frizzy, hard to control, very curly, thick. I would HATE going to the beach or water park in fear of a frizzy mess. I am a waitress at a restaurant at the beach, right on the water, and fear for those humid summer nights with my hair looking a mess. Now my hair stays silky, soft, and straight. It took my hair colorist 15 minutes to blow dry and straighten. that is all. I am soooo thrilled for my shiny, soft, AMAZING hair. it is very healthy now. I will continue to use this treatment for as long as I can, and i PRAY that it never becomes discontinued. Give this a try, you will definitely not regret it.

on 3/4/2011 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have thick, frizzy, wavy, highlighted hair. I always wanted "wash and wear" hair... because I've always been jealous of those who can let their hair air dry without it looking like a frizz bomb! My stylist recommended the Copolla Kerating treatment and I decided to go for it...

I don't know what went wrong but even though my stylist had successfully done it on several clients before me and I followed all of the directions and did not wash my hair or get it wet for 3 days... the keratin treatment just didn't seem to work! I paid a lot of money and I feel super frustrated that my hair is still frizzy after all of this.

It did work somewhat... my hair is maybe 15% less frizzy. It's barely noticeable, but it is slightly better than it was before.

I went back to the salon one week after having it done and the salon owner and my stylist agreed that for some reason the keratin treatment "didn't take" and they said they've never seen anything like this happen before, so the salon owner agreed to do the treatment again free of charge.

I was excited to have it done and I really was hoping that the second time it would work and I'd have lovely hair... but I started doing some research online and what I found really scared me. I found many different websites and forums with hundreds of threads with stories from women who suffered severe hair loss due to this keratin treatment.

I decided to cancel my appointment. I'm lucky to have my hair, frizzy and unruly is better than balding! Yikes!!!

Here is one of the many threads that I came across:

Apparently, many women have a good experience the first few times they get the keratin treatment and then al of a sudden after getting another one their hair just starts falling out in huge amounts. scary.

There's a reason this stuff has been banned in many countries. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

on 8/19/2010 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Lengthy reviews usually seem unecessary and a bit boring to me, so warning, this ls long, but I LOVE THIS STUFF and can't say enough about it! It is expensive and I am normally frugal, but I am willing to pay for this treatment whenever I need it!

IT is the best beauty treatment or service or product (whatever you would call it, or all of the above) that I have ever tried, including skin, hair and nail treatments. I'm not a whipper snapper either, I have tried a few things over the years. I had this done at a salon 6 weeks ago. I work with the hairdresser who did the treatment (I am not a hairdresser myself) so when he told me that in his opinion it is the best thing to happen to his industry in years, and it transforms hair like mine, I listened. As I say, I know him and work with him, it wasn't a sales pitch, it is what he truly believes. How could I not try it after hearing his raves?

I have very, very thick hair, that if left to dry naturally is an uneven concoction of quite nice big curls in some areas tighter spiral curls in others and a good dash of hair that doesn't even look like hair but fuzzy frizzy corn husk stuff thrown into the mix for good measure. Sometimes people with straight hair tell me they wish they could have naturally curly hair. Well sometimes curly hair does NOT look like that evenly distributed mass of glowing curls we see in the mags. It can be like mine, a dull, coarse, patchy mess of varying textures.

Pre the keratin treatment if I spent QUITE some time blow drying and then straightening my hair it could look really quite nice. I have received many compliments on my hair over the years. It CAN look thick, smooth, bouncy and shiny and I have never had to work to create volume in my hair that is for sure! But it took a lot of time to achieve that healthy look, and the moment I experienced any humidty or if I should sweat even a tiny bit, my hair would start to get a slight s curve, lose some shine and shrink up/puff out. Even just a little bit of puffing/shrinking doesn't look good and negated all my straightening that morning! Doesn't matter what serums and lotions and potions I tried, my hair was DIFFICULT.

I have always been envious of women who have hair that looks silky and shiny naturally, and who don't have to worry about sweat (I would look AWFUL after working out, my shoulder length hair would look four inches shorter, sticking out all over the place) or humidity. Well, now I am that person!

It seems my hair WILL NOT frizz or shrink, and my drying/styling time is cut easily in half. It shines! It really does feel like a different head of hair! I do have to use the straightening iron, blow drying alone is not enough, but it doesn't take near as long to get results, and those results last!

UPDATE MARCH 9th 2011

I got the keratin treatment again in early Feb, so it lasted way more than three months for me, although my hair in January was NOT cooperative and the last couple of weeks, well it was a royal pain. How did I live without Keratin all those years? Keratinized again my hair is smooth and easy to dry and style. Same great results as the first time. Never want to be without this treatment.