Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this treatment but not the price at the Salon so I do it myself. I'm a real pro now and the results are incredible. It lasts me between 4 to 6 months because I don't mind my roots frizzy.
Yes it stinks for 3-4 days but it's totally worth it! There are full instructions on youTube and other sites just Google it.

on 1/30/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've struggled with my super curly, super frizzy hair since virtually the day I was born. Growing up in the 80s/early 90s, my choices of straighteners was pretty limited. I tried at home relaxers (just don't...ever), flat irons, hot rollers, you name it. Nothing ever, ever worked for me. About two years ago, I finally plunked down the money for a Chi and was pleasantly surprised to find a flat iron that actually straightened my hair (my how flat irons have evolved!). However, even with the Chi, I still battled with the frizzies and the curl coming back. It also took me a good 45 minutes to completely straighten my hair.

Last summer I got a wild hair (no pun intended) and decided to get my hair colored professionally. I (stupidly) chose a very expensive "high end" salon to get this done. While there, the colorist and everyone who came in contact with me kept going on and on about this keratin complex treatment and how beneficial it would be for my hair. Since I had some disposable money at the time, I decided to go for it.

The first time I got it done I went back to the same high end salon and paid $400. This is a ridiculous price as my hair is barely shoulder length. While I do have lots of hair, it is basically very fine but super curly (think Mariah Carey in her Vision of Love days). The whole process took three whopping hours, but the stylist who did it couldn't have been nicer. Overall, I was very, very pleased with the results. My hair was smooth, silky and so easy to straighten. Luckily for me, I didn't have any adverse effects. My treatment also lasted a bit longer (about four months) as I held off on washing my hair constantly.

After deciding to get the complex again, I knew I had to find a more affordable salon. Since the complex itself is getting more popular, more places are offering it which means better prices for consumers. I highly suggest to anyone interested in getting this done to shop around. High end salons are great if you have money to burn and are concerned about a "name", but they do virtually the same work as smaller salons. I'll gladly trade the trendy atmosphere and loud music to save a few hundred bucks! After some research, I found a salon close to my home that was offering the complex on special for $99. I got the complex done a few weeks ago and again, I'm completely thrilled with the results. Even without the special fee, the salon I went to offers this service for $250. Still pricey but more affordable than high end salons.

In my opinion, this complex is an absolute God-send to those of us who have unruly hair. I would encourage anyone interested in it to thoroughly research it, pick a reputable but moderately priced salon and go for it. Also, be aware of the side effects of the chemicals and bear in mind that this isn't going to completely straighten your hair. If just makes what you have a whole lot easier to manage.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have dry hair due to Hashimoto's disease (thyroid) and in the past year and a half since I've been diagnosed, my hair has been very dry, and lots of breakage halfway up the hairshaft. I stopped going to a salon or doing anything to my hair because it was just so awful. My self esteem went downhill along with the condition of my hair. I finally got sick of my hair color and condition, and went to a new stylist. She recommended the Coppola Keratin Treatment, and I agreed to try it. First, it is EXPENSIVE! But, it lasts 3-5 months. No chlorinated swimming pools and you have to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioners, and alcohol free styling products. Second, it takes about 3 hours to do. Bring a good book. Third, you can't wash your hair or use anything to hold your hair back for 72 hours because it will cause a kink in your hair. If you get your hair wet for any reason during the 72 hours you have to blow dry it and flat iron it. Lots to consider, I know. Now, on to the good stuff: how it worked: this made my formally frizzy hair smooth. Yes! Smooth!! Before I could feel the breakage up the hairshaft, now, I run my fingers along my hair and I feel nothing but smooth hair. This is not a straightener, but it will make your routine much easier to do and shorter. I've not blown out my hair yet. I prefer the curly look and this has made my spiral curls perfect without any product in my hair to make them that way. I just wash, and go. The one thing I do is use this shampoo/conditioner called Thermafuse that my stylist recommended, and she told me to leave the conditioner in my hair and NOT rinse it out (even though the directions on the bottle say to). They are sulfate free and are supposed to help condition your hair with heat. I did partially blow dry my hair with leaving the conditioner in and I loved how it made my hair feel even softer, with no residue. But, I digress. Bottom line: a great treatment, that is time consuming and expensive, and best done when you have a few days off so you don't have to worry about styling your hair. Remember, No sulfate shampoos, No alcohol in your styling products, and NO getting hair wet in swimming pools. These things will help you get more mileage from your Keratin Treatment. I put up before/after pics on my profile, under miscellaneous. Not the best, but you can get an idea of the difference the treatment makes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This made my morning routine sooooo much faster! It's definitely the only beauty treatment that has made a difference in my life. I had the longer treatment first awhile ago and recently followed up with the express one. I naturally have big, poofy, frizzy, curly hair and now, without putting anything in it, it's slightly wavy and frizz free. I actually just comb it and it's done. It's very expensive, but it has been worth it to not have to deal with my crazy hair anymore

on 3/4/2011 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have thick, frizzy, wavy, highlighted hair. I always wanted "wash and wear" hair... because I've always been jealous of those who can let their hair air dry without it looking like a frizz bomb! My stylist recommended the Copolla Kerating treatment and I decided to go for it...

I don't know what went wrong but even though my stylist had successfully done it on several clients before me and I followed all of the directions and did not wash my hair or get it wet for 3 days... the keratin treatment just didn't seem to work! I paid a lot of money and I feel super frustrated that my hair is still frizzy after all of this.

It did work somewhat... my hair is maybe 15% less frizzy. It's barely noticeable, but it is slightly better than it was before.

I went back to the salon one week after having it done and the salon owner and my stylist agreed that for some reason the keratin treatment "didn't take" and they said they've never seen anything like this happen before, so the salon owner agreed to do the treatment again free of charge.

I was excited to have it done and I really was hoping that the second time it would work and I'd have lovely hair... but I started doing some research online and what I found really scared me. I found many different websites and forums with hundreds of threads with stories from women who suffered severe hair loss due to this keratin treatment.

I decided to cancel my appointment. I'm lucky to have my hair, frizzy and unruly is better than balding! Yikes!!!

Here is one of the many threads that I came across:

Apparently, many women have a good experience the first few times they get the keratin treatment and then al of a sudden after getting another one their hair just starts falling out in huge amounts. scary.

There's a reason this stuff has been banned in many countries. I wouldn't do it if I were you.

on 8/19/2010 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Lengthy reviews usually seem unecessary and a bit boring to me, so warning, this ls long, but I LOVE THIS STUFF and can't say enough about it! It is expensive and I am normally frugal, but I am willing to pay for this treatment whenever I need it!

IT is the best beauty treatment or service or product (whatever you would call it, or all of the above) that I have ever tried, including skin, hair and nail treatments. I'm not a whipper snapper either, I have tried a few things over the years. I had this done at a salon 6 weeks ago. I work with the hairdresser who did the treatment (I am not a hairdresser myself) so when he told me that in his opinion it is the best thing to happen to his industry in years, and it transforms hair like mine, I listened. As I say, I know him and work with him, it wasn't a sales pitch, it is what he truly believes. How could I not try it after hearing his raves?

I have very, very thick hair, that if left to dry naturally is an uneven concoction of quite nice big curls in some areas tighter spiral curls in others and a good dash of hair that doesn't even look like hair but fuzzy frizzy corn husk stuff thrown into the mix for good measure. Sometimes people with straight hair tell me they wish they could have naturally curly hair. Well sometimes curly hair does NOT look like that evenly distributed mass of glowing curls we see in the mags. It can be like mine, a dull, coarse, patchy mess of varying textures.

Pre the keratin treatment if I spent QUITE some time blow drying and then straightening my hair it could look really quite nice. I have received many compliments on my hair over the years. It CAN look thick, smooth, bouncy and shiny and I have never had to work to create volume in my hair that is for sure! But it took a lot of time to achieve that healthy look, and the moment I experienced any humidty or if I should sweat even a tiny bit, my hair would start to get a slight s curve, lose some shine and shrink up/puff out. Even just a little bit of puffing/shrinking doesn't look good and negated all my straightening that morning! Doesn't matter what serums and lotions and potions I tried, my hair was DIFFICULT.

I have always been envious of women who have hair that looks silky and shiny naturally, and who don't have to worry about sweat (I would look AWFUL after working out, my shoulder length hair would look four inches shorter, sticking out all over the place) or humidity. Well, now I am that person!

It seems my hair WILL NOT frizz or shrink, and my drying/styling time is cut easily in half. It shines! It really does feel like a different head of hair! I do have to use the straightening iron, blow drying alone is not enough, but it doesn't take near as long to get results, and those results last!

UPDATE MARCH 9th 2011

I got the keratin treatment again in early Feb, so it lasted way more than three months for me, although my hair in January was NOT cooperative and the last couple of weeks, well it was a royal pain. How did I live without Keratin all those years? Keratinized again my hair is smooth and easy to dry and style. Same great results as the first time. Never want to be without this treatment.

Popular Hair Treatments