Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

on 8/4/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was so anxious to get this done, I saw reviews about hair loss and stuff like that. I have had no negative issues at all. If you are one of those frizz heads like me, this is a miracle product!! I wanted to dance around the house after my first shower after the treatment.....my hair AIR DRIED in the cutest FRIZZ free style. I was speechless. I am a true believer!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have dry hair due to Hashimoto's disease (thyroid) and in the past year and a half since I've been diagnosed, my hair has been very dry, and lots of breakage halfway up the hairshaft. I stopped going to a salon or doing anything to my hair because it was just so awful. My self esteem went downhill along with the condition of my hair. I finally got sick of my hair color and condition, and went to a new stylist. She recommended the Coppola Keratin Treatment, and I agreed to try it. First, it is EXPENSIVE! But, it lasts 3-5 months. No chlorinated swimming pools and you have to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioners, and alcohol free styling products. Second, it takes about 3 hours to do. Bring a good book. Third, you can't wash your hair or use anything to hold your hair back for 72 hours because it will cause a kink in your hair. If you get your hair wet for any reason during the 72 hours you have to blow dry it and flat iron it. Lots to consider, I know. Now, on to the good stuff: how it worked: this made my formally frizzy hair smooth. Yes! Smooth!! Before I could feel the breakage up the hairshaft, now, I run my fingers along my hair and I feel nothing but smooth hair. This is not a straightener, but it will make your routine much easier to do and shorter. I've not blown out my hair yet. I prefer the curly look and this has made my spiral curls perfect without any product in my hair to make them that way. I just wash, and go. The one thing I do is use this shampoo/conditioner called Thermafuse that my stylist recommended, and she told me to leave the conditioner in my hair and NOT rinse it out (even though the directions on the bottle say to). They are sulfate free and are supposed to help condition your hair with heat. I did partially blow dry my hair with leaving the conditioner in and I loved how it made my hair feel even softer, with no residue. But, I digress. Bottom line: a great treatment, that is time consuming and expensive, and best done when you have a few days off so you don't have to worry about styling your hair. Remember, No sulfate shampoos, No alcohol in your styling products, and NO getting hair wet in swimming pools. These things will help you get more mileage from your Keratin Treatment. I put up before/after pics on my profile, under miscellaneous. Not the best, but you can get an idea of the difference the treatment makes.

on 1/3/2010 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This treatment literally changed my life. That might sound dramatic, but it's true. Before my stylist suggested Keratin Complex, my hair was frizzy, curly, coarse and too much to deal with. Now, it always looks smooth, shiny and natural. It's not a straightening treatment, which I love because I hate the look of pin-straight hair on people that don't naturally have it. Rather, it's a smoothing treatment, which takes the bulk and frizz out of your hair. Before, I was truly a slave to my hair, always dreading vacations and swimming ... Now, I can let it dry naturally or blow it out in half the time. I really can't say enough good things about this.

I PRAY Coppola never discontinues it!!!