Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

4.1

on 3/31/2016 11:20:00 AM

I am a huge fan of Keratin Complex products. They just get what you need to have healthy, beautiful hair. I've been using the smoothing treatment for about a year now and I'll never go back to anything else. I do use it sparingly so it lasts but honestly the bottle is pretty big so it definitely lasts me a good 4-6 months.

on 10/10/2015 12:26:00 PM

This not a review Can you tell me where you are buying the coppola smoothing therapy???

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this treatment but not the price at the Salon so I do it myself. I'm a real pro now and the results are incredible. It lasts me between 4 to 6 months because I don't mind my roots frizzy.
Yes it stinks for 3-4 days but it's totally worth it! There are full instructions on youTube and other sites just Google it.

I'm a hair stylist and just got this coppola treatment done to my hair! And I just want to say, this system is AMAZING! My hair dries so smooth and basically frizz free. This is not a straightening system, but it will smooth down curls. My very fine hair has been through a lot this year (bleaching, coloring, then bleaching again) and this treatment helped gain its strength back. My ends were a bit toasty due to the 7-10 times of passing a 430 degree flat iron on my hair. However, after a trim you hair will feel so soft and strong. The treatment is super pricey but I honestly think it's worth it. I'm so impressed with my results, that I will continue to have this treatment done to my hair from here on out.

Also to add: Waiting three days (72 hours) to shampoo/ wet hair was a bit tough, but just find yourself a good dry shampoo. This will be your best friend!!

on 2/25/2012 10:29:00 PM

Keratin Complex Infusion -Keratin Replenisher

I just found this product. I'm a lover of all of the Coppola Keratin Hair products. This does exactly what ot says I'm not overly fond of the scent but it's light and disappears after I use my flat-iron.

I have long thick naturally curly hair (think Skakira) and I straighten my hair and Bleach it...Also I use my flat-iron regulary. Coppola's
line of Keratin Shampoo/Conditioner's and Therapy products are my new must have. My Hair looks and feels healthier and stronger.

on 1/30/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've struggled with my super curly, super frizzy hair since virtually the day I was born. Growing up in the 80s/early 90s, my choices of straighteners was pretty limited. I tried at home relaxers (just don't...ever), flat irons, hot rollers, you name it. Nothing ever, ever worked for me. About two years ago, I finally plunked down the money for a Chi and was pleasantly surprised to find a flat iron that actually straightened my hair (my how flat irons have evolved!). However, even with the Chi, I still battled with the frizzies and the curl coming back. It also took me a good 45 minutes to completely straighten my hair.

Last summer I got a wild hair (no pun intended) and decided to get my hair colored professionally. I (stupidly) chose a very expensive "high end" salon to get this done. While there, the colorist and everyone who came in contact with me kept going on and on about this keratin complex treatment and how beneficial it would be for my hair. Since I had some disposable money at the time, I decided to go for it.

The first time I got it done I went back to the same high end salon and paid $400. This is a ridiculous price as my hair is barely shoulder length. While I do have lots of hair, it is basically very fine but super curly (think Mariah Carey in her Vision of Love days). The whole process took three whopping hours, but the stylist who did it couldn't have been nicer. Overall, I was very, very pleased with the results. My hair was smooth, silky and so easy to straighten. Luckily for me, I didn't have any adverse effects. My treatment also lasted a bit longer (about four months) as I held off on washing my hair constantly.

After deciding to get the complex again, I knew I had to find a more affordable salon. Since the complex itself is getting more popular, more places are offering it which means better prices for consumers. I highly suggest to anyone interested in getting this done to shop around. High end salons are great if you have money to burn and are concerned about a "name", but they do virtually the same work as smaller salons. I'll gladly trade the trendy atmosphere and loud music to save a few hundred bucks! After some research, I found a salon close to my home that was offering the complex on special for $99. I got the complex done a few weeks ago and again, I'm completely thrilled with the results. Even without the special fee, the salon I went to offers this service for $250. Still pricey but more affordable than high end salons.

In my opinion, this complex is an absolute God-send to those of us who have unruly hair. I would encourage anyone interested in it to thoroughly research it, pick a reputable but moderately priced salon and go for it. Also, be aware of the side effects of the chemicals and bear in mind that this isn't going to completely straighten your hair. If just makes what you have a whole lot easier to manage.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I used a Keratin Product that my salon stylist daughter sent me. The first time she did it for me, then today I did my own. As with what people are saying it is more difficult as you have to stretch your arms way up and out and they get tired. I had a hard time getting enough pull on the hair when using the flat iron to get it really super super straight. But I was able to do it and it is nice! Has all the same qualities as when my daughter did mine. However a note for some people who say it does not "work" for their hair. I had to have my hair done TWICE each time to get the same desired effect that most other people get with one treatment. I have VERY VERY thick curly, frizzy, nappy long hair! What do you expect! Other than that I have had no trouble. I am concerned about what the conversationalists on Oprah have to say about the hair falling out not on the first or second treatment but there after. BUT was unable to bring it up with the URL the lady left. I have not read any other negative comments at all and I have been in here for two days reading everything I can find out about it all over the internet. So ladies, when you say the Coppola works it makes me want to get this brand for the $135 that the one lady paid online. As my daughters price was still $200 to buy it for me! I am hoping it is one of those products that will come down over the years. But why do I think not when the salons are making SO MUCH
money so easily?
Love reading peoples comments.
Aloha
Antoinette

on 10/12/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used the keratin treatment for the first time, and I am very happy with the results. I have wavy to curly hair, and it would get very frizzy..since I got the treatment it is so easy to blow dry and straighten my hair. I just have one question...how often are you supposed to wash your hair ? My mother says to wash my hair every three days but it feels so dirty the third day ....

on 10/5/2011 3:57:00 AM

I have been getting the Coppola keratin treatment for over a year now, and I get it done every 3 months and I love it. It is life changing in a very positive way. It leaves my dry, coarse, wavy hair look beautiful, healthy and shiny. The only thing I don't like is the price point, it is quuite expensive, especially here in California. The good thing is that earlier this year, I found someone who could do the treatment for only $150 via my endless google searches (www.keratinhomeservice.com) and I couldn't be happier. Unlike the Brazilian blowout, which I used to get, the Coppola brand doesn't make my hair fall and it doesn't look greasy. Coppola makes my hair look naturally healthy and most importantly, frizz free.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This Is For Girls Who Are Thinking About Doing The Treatment On Your Own--do It!!
Hi Ladies,
I finally went ahead and did this treatment at home. That's right. AT HOME, BY MYSELF, WITH MY OWN LITTLE NON-STYLIST, NON-TRAINED HANDS! and guess what? it was easy and it worked. Basically, if you can do a good flat ironing job on your hair and if you are patient then you can do this at home and save hundreds of dollars.
I was really nervous to try this at home, especially after finding websites about women losing their hair and all the stylist telling everyone that only trained professionals should administer the product. I ran across an article yesterday with interviews from stylist all around America who all just talk about the "revenue" that the treatment has brought tot he salon. It's a business for them--just a money maker. That's why they say they can only do it for you. In the article the stylist said it was a "no brainer" treatment" and "easy" and you can make thousands of dollars off of 1 bottle that cost $300.
So, you see ladies, it's really just all about the money for them. Now, don't get me wrong. If you have the money or just don't have the time or are not very handy when it comes to flat ironing by all means go get it done at the salon.
However, the process was extremely simple for me. The hard part is how long it takes. It took me for 4 hours with my long hair. I followed the instructions. That's all you have to do. You can do it!!! I never write reviews, but I wanted to get on here for all the girls who need to save the money and can't afford to go to a salon to have this done. Just do it at home!!! If I can do it, then you certainly can!!!!!

RESULTS:
I have had amazing results. It is truly a miracle product!!! I have struggled with the usual, you know curly, frizzing, unruly hair since I can remember. I think we all have the same story. It takes us forever to blow dry our hair and then it takes forever to flat iron it. Now, I just wash my hair ad a tiny drop of biosilk (can't break the habit) and I blow-dry my hair with no brush, just my fingers and it goes straight with zero frizz!!! Incredible!! I was so shocked!! I took pictures on my phone and started sending them to people. It was just nuts!!! And my hair still has body! before this treatment, after flat ironing my hair, it was stick straight but just extremely flat. Now I have smooth straight hair but also have BODY. You know, like those pantene commercials, no joke!
The best part about it is the versatility. If I want curls I can still have them. Just yesterday I blew my hair dry and them added big bountiful, bouncy curls with my curling iron that lasted all day. So fun! and it took me no time at all.
I'm writing this for the girl who is scared to do this at home. Just try it. If you are really scared get a friend to help you with the back, make it a keratin party. :) you will both save so much money. I bought my bottle for $130 on folica with a coupon code and used half the bottle. That's $65 dollars for one treatment.
And as for the web forums with women who have their hair falling out etc. They must
have had prior health problems or their stylist fried their hair by running the flat iron over their hair way to many times at that high temperature. AND THAT'S ANOTHER GREAT REASON TO DO IT AT HOME! YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR HAIR! I only ran the flat iron over each section 5 times. The bear minimum so that I wouldn't fry my hair.
I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS GIRLS WHO NEED TO SAVE MONEY LIKE ME. GOOD LUCK!!!