Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this treatment but not the price at the Salon so I do it myself. I'm a real pro now and the results are incredible. It lasts me between 4 to 6 months because I don't mind my roots frizzy.
Yes it stinks for 3-4 days but it's totally worth it! There are full instructions on youTube and other sites just Google it.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I used a Keratin Product that my salon stylist daughter sent me. The first time she did it for me, then today I did my own. As with what people are saying it is more difficult as you have to stretch your arms way up and out and they get tired. I had a hard time getting enough pull on the hair when using the flat iron to get it really super super straight. But I was able to do it and it is nice! Has all the same qualities as when my daughter did mine. However a note for some people who say it does not "work" for their hair. I had to have my hair done TWICE each time to get the same desired effect that most other people get with one treatment. I have VERY VERY thick curly, frizzy, nappy long hair! What do you expect! Other than that I have had no trouble. I am concerned about what the conversationalists on Oprah have to say about the hair falling out not on the first or second treatment but there after. BUT was unable to bring it up with the URL the lady left. I have not read any other negative comments at all and I have been in here for two days reading everything I can find out about it all over the internet. So ladies, when you say the Coppola works it makes me want to get this brand for the $135 that the one lady paid online. As my daughters price was still $200 to buy it for me! I am hoping it is one of those products that will come down over the years. But why do I think not when the salons are making SO MUCH
money so easily?
Love reading peoples comments.
Aloha
Antoinette

on 10/20/2009 1:25:00 PM

I had this done a couple wks ago..so I can't comment on how long it will last. I have collar bone length, thick, but fine and wirey colored hair. The top layers were straighter and the bottom layers were very curly and hard to straighten or keep straightened. Now my hair is silkier, flatter and shinier..kinda like I have some product in it and flat ironed..but not. . If you're used to getting volume easily, you might want to carefully consider this, because now I have to use products to get some oomph. It dries very fast and is super easy to style with a round brush. It seems to have more static & needs to be washed more often for some strange reason. But for the modern, straighter styles that some of us crave with a whole lot less work...it is awesome. You have to use special shampoo and conditioner at all times..even when you go to salon for haircolor, etc. It's quite expensive too. You have to wear your hair stick straight for 72 hours..no hats, clips or bands and kept dry. Edit: I'm changing to 5 stars..needed to get used to my new hair..gotten compliments on how much healthier & more stylish it looks. Update 1-6-10.Still have lovely, silky, easy to style hair, even after coloring every month and highlights. This was a great investment! 5-1-10..Just had my second professional treatment..reallly happy with the results again! Will only do the process 2X year tho. UPDATE 10-4-2010..If you can afford this and your hair fits the profile (wouldn't recommend it for thin hair, you'll miss your volume) it's awesome. I've never been able to grow my hair long and now it's about 4" below my collar bone and looks youthful and stylish. The ends would always get dry and split, so I'd have to keep it a certain length..but not now. Not sure how long I'll let it grow, but sure am enjoying this. Plus, my daughter that has really long, very curly, dry, colored hair that was such a mess that she couldn't even comb it , had it done and she is loving it too. You still have to use a flat iron to get it super straight..but it is soft, smooth, shiney and just plain easier. UPDATE: 2-ll-11 Just had my 4th treatment with no problems! It's been since May. My hair is really long now...probably 7" below my collar bone and I've never in my whole life had long hair. People are amazed when they see me. It actually looks good at my age! (I also take Biotin.) Highly recommend this to not only smooth but strenghthen fine hair also.