Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Filtered by age: 36-43
Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

on 1/27/2015 8:55:00 PM

SMELLS!! HELP PLEASE!!! I got this done at my salon and my HAIR smells awful!! At first I thought there was a dead mouse in my aprtment and theni realized it was my hair towel!! Now in the shower as soon as I put on my shampoo, and yes I have tried many kinds and pretty smelling ones my hair smells like rotten saurkraut, awful sulfur smell.
Once I dry it, it is fine. WHat should I do? I will call my salon and maybe they can do a glaze to seal it in? I am not happy!! Yes its great that my hair blow dries in 5 minutes, straight frizz free but it is an awful smell wet!!!
Please help!

on 8/23/2013 1:56:00 PM

I have been using this product (Coppola KT) since 2008...and I prefer this to a relaxer any day...I am black and have coarse curly hair and this has been the best product for my hair without using a relaxer. My hair stylist did try at one point a different product, the "bioionic kerasmooth" because it was a faster process than the Coppola Keratin Therapy! Wrong answer for my hair, the Bioionic kerasmooth broke my hair off and gave me patches...I ended up cutting off all of the long hair I had grown from the Coppola KT in order to get my hair back healthy. When I went back to her and she saw the damage she did a protein treatment (two separate times) and when the timing was right we reintroduced the Coppola KT back to my hair and it is growing back healthier again! It doesn't mean it works for everyone but it has been a great product for me. I usually get the treatment done every 3 months, sometimes I've pushed 4 months, but I can tell the condition of my hair once it's time for a new treatment it is dry on the ends and my new growth or roots are really frizzy so my hair knows when it needs a new treatment and I get it done...perfect!

This was a pretty big investment and it did deliver for the first month or so but later my hair just started looking damaged and dry. The ends looked especially fried and I couldn't help but regret not getting the same one as my sister who got a Cocoa Keratin treatment instead of the Coppola. I guess argan oil does make the difference because her hair is perfectly healthy :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

three letters. Omg.
I am on my ipad so hard to type too much. I have coarse hair, about two inches past my shoulders. Colored and highlighted over the years but not super damaged. Just this frizzy, somewhat wavy, somewhat straightish hair that would flatten on the top and mushroom out when air dried. In other words, horrid and unmanageable. I have bought products, flat irons, large barrel irons, Velcro rollers, deep conditioners overnight, olive oil, washed more, didn't wash, under washed but conditioned the ends and generally could spend a hour on the drying and styling alone. When my hair was longer and did less to it, I could let it air dry with some wave product. But I just think my hair has changed.

ANYWAY!!! I finally decided to try the Coppola keratin treatment. Today was day four of the NO WASH time, although I was instructed only to wait three. I went to the gym tonight and then washed and conditioned with the special shampoo and conditioner. I noticed in the shower my hair was softer and the conditioner did its job. I did not have my usual thought of using a deep conditioner as I do every time I wash my hair.

I let my hair air dry while I made a salad. Went to check it out and could see a bit of friz but still noticed it was laying flatter. I used a tiny bit (compared to my usually three to four products for softening and frizz) and blew dry only my bangs and sides that frame my face. As a test I left the rest to air dry.

Ok final verdict. The hair I blew dry dried fast, smooth and manageable. The back and rest of sides dried with no frizz and had body, but was smooth. Not flat. Did not need to blow dry at all.

I LOVE IT and the cost is so worth it to reduce my morning routine by 20 or 30 minutes or more! If I find I can even go to the gym and not wash everyday even better! My hair usually bends to the way I sleep so if I am able to fix a bit in am with minimal effort I may ask for 6 stars!! Less time, less frizz, less poofy unmanageable hair, less time and less effort. The results are exactly what I hoped for. Not pin straight but smoother, more manageable hair that still had body and looks Sooooo healthy. I am hooked!!!

My next goal is to find a way to do it myself!!
UPDATE:
I slept with my new hair and woke up with NO bed head. I usually wake up with a rat's nest that cannot be controlled. I was in love all over again.

Then I went to the GYM and did some sweating (not too badly though) and took my hair down out of the ponytail and while there was a little bend, I just BET I will not need to wash in the AM. I will try to spritz with some water and then gently blow dry and give a full report.

This is just a miracle.... I say it's up there w/ botox!!!!!!!!! I don't know which one I love more to be honest. It's a TIE! :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have dry hair due to Hashimoto's disease (thyroid) and in the past year and a half since I've been diagnosed, my hair has been very dry, and lots of breakage halfway up the hairshaft. I stopped going to a salon or doing anything to my hair because it was just so awful. My self esteem went downhill along with the condition of my hair. I finally got sick of my hair color and condition, and went to a new stylist. She recommended the Coppola Keratin Treatment, and I agreed to try it. First, it is EXPENSIVE! But, it lasts 3-5 months. No chlorinated swimming pools and you have to use sulfate free shampoo and conditioners, and alcohol free styling products. Second, it takes about 3 hours to do. Bring a good book. Third, you can't wash your hair or use anything to hold your hair back for 72 hours because it will cause a kink in your hair. If you get your hair wet for any reason during the 72 hours you have to blow dry it and flat iron it. Lots to consider, I know. Now, on to the good stuff: how it worked: this made my formally frizzy hair smooth. Yes! Smooth!! Before I could feel the breakage up the hairshaft, now, I run my fingers along my hair and I feel nothing but smooth hair. This is not a straightener, but it will make your routine much easier to do and shorter. I've not blown out my hair yet. I prefer the curly look and this has made my spiral curls perfect without any product in my hair to make them that way. I just wash, and go. The one thing I do is use this shampoo/conditioner called Thermafuse that my stylist recommended, and she told me to leave the conditioner in my hair and NOT rinse it out (even though the directions on the bottle say to). They are sulfate free and are supposed to help condition your hair with heat. I did partially blow dry my hair with leaving the conditioner in and I loved how it made my hair feel even softer, with no residue. But, I digress. Bottom line: a great treatment, that is time consuming and expensive, and best done when you have a few days off so you don't have to worry about styling your hair. Remember, No sulfate shampoos, No alcohol in your styling products, and NO getting hair wet in swimming pools. These things will help you get more mileage from your Keratin Treatment. I put up before/after pics on my profile, under miscellaneous. Not the best, but you can get an idea of the difference the treatment makes.

keratin straightening costs me $350 at the hairdresser, but i bought the clarifying shampoo and straightening treatment on the internet and it cost $70 per treatment. $255 including postage, whereas three treatments at the hairdresser would be $1,050! it is really simple to apply and you can use your ghd. keratin's straightening iron is around $150 but the only difference is 20 degrees in heat. instructions are on the back and if i can do it, anyone can

on 8/19/2010 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Lengthy reviews usually seem unecessary and a bit boring to me, so warning, this ls long, but I LOVE THIS STUFF and can't say enough about it! It is expensive and I am normally frugal, but I am willing to pay for this treatment whenever I need it!

IT is the best beauty treatment or service or product (whatever you would call it, or all of the above) that I have ever tried, including skin, hair and nail treatments. I'm not a whipper snapper either, I have tried a few things over the years. I had this done at a salon 6 weeks ago. I work with the hairdresser who did the treatment (I am not a hairdresser myself) so when he told me that in his opinion it is the best thing to happen to his industry in years, and it transforms hair like mine, I listened. As I say, I know him and work with him, it wasn't a sales pitch, it is what he truly believes. How could I not try it after hearing his raves?

I have very, very thick hair, that if left to dry naturally is an uneven concoction of quite nice big curls in some areas tighter spiral curls in others and a good dash of hair that doesn't even look like hair but fuzzy frizzy corn husk stuff thrown into the mix for good measure. Sometimes people with straight hair tell me they wish they could have naturally curly hair. Well sometimes curly hair does NOT look like that evenly distributed mass of glowing curls we see in the mags. It can be like mine, a dull, coarse, patchy mess of varying textures.

Pre the keratin treatment if I spent QUITE some time blow drying and then straightening my hair it could look really quite nice. I have received many compliments on my hair over the years. It CAN look thick, smooth, bouncy and shiny and I have never had to work to create volume in my hair that is for sure! But it took a lot of time to achieve that healthy look, and the moment I experienced any humidty or if I should sweat even a tiny bit, my hair would start to get a slight s curve, lose some shine and shrink up/puff out. Even just a little bit of puffing/shrinking doesn't look good and negated all my straightening that morning! Doesn't matter what serums and lotions and potions I tried, my hair was DIFFICULT.

I have always been envious of women who have hair that looks silky and shiny naturally, and who don't have to worry about sweat (I would look AWFUL after working out, my shoulder length hair would look four inches shorter, sticking out all over the place) or humidity. Well, now I am that person!

It seems my hair WILL NOT frizz or shrink, and my drying/styling time is cut easily in half. It shines! It really does feel like a different head of hair! I do have to use the straightening iron, blow drying alone is not enough, but it doesn't take near as long to get results, and those results last!

UPDATE MARCH 9th 2011

I got the keratin treatment again in early Feb, so it lasted way more than three months for me, although my hair in January was NOT cooperative and the last couple of weeks, well it was a royal pain. How did I live without Keratin all those years? Keratinized again my hair is smooth and easy to dry and style. Same great results as the first time. Never want to be without this treatment.

I had this done every four months and loved it the first three times. The company apparently recommends having it done every three months and says that it keeps improving your hair with each treatment. At first it was wonderful, like a hair dream come true: I went from having frizzy, impossible (color treated/highlighted) hair to having Perfect Hair... straight blonde, perfect hair that dried in about two minutes and looked as if I'd spent hours at the salon. I live in L.A. and it cost $350 but some salons are now lowering their prices.

Then came the fourth treatment and it totally fried my hair. I did everything exactly the same as the other three times, waited 72 to wash it, used KC shampoo, etc., but the results were disastrous. My hair was like straw. My hairdresser (and this is a high end salon) called Keratin Complex a few times to ask about what could have gone wrong, and got no response. We don't know what happened but it ruined my hair. I had to chop it off to chin length. :(

I saved my hair by putting a mixture of castor oil and amla oil, or sometimes jojoba oil, in my hair and sleeping with a shower cap every three days, then washing it out. It took about a month before my hair looked anything resembling healthy, but now it's in great condition.

I don't know if my experience was an anomaly. My hairdresser does tons of this but it's never happened to anyone else but me. I just wanted to share this so people will know this is a possibility!

on 10/30/2009 3:02:00 PM

I have had the Brazilian Blowout and the Marcia Texiera as well as the Coppola and I can say that hands down the Coppola is the best of the three! I have very thick, coarse, frizzy, wavy and highlighted hair. While it didn't make my hair pin straight like Japanese straightners do, it did smooth it out so I can air-dry and go. When I do style, it only takes me about 20 minutes to get perfectly straight, smooth hair. The keratin wears out gradually - I plan to re-do before it goes all the way back. Seriously - Coppola really is the best out there!!!