Coppola Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

Filtered by age: 19-24
Coppola    Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Treatment

4.1

I'm a hair stylist and just got this coppola treatment done to my hair! And I just want to say, this system is AMAZING! My hair dries so smooth and basically frizz free. This is not a straightening system, but it will smooth down curls. My very fine hair has been through a lot this year (bleaching, coloring, then bleaching again) and this treatment helped gain its strength back. My ends were a bit toasty due to the 7-10 times of passing a 430 degree flat iron on my hair. However, after a trim you hair will feel so soft and strong. The treatment is super pricey but I honestly think it's worth it. I'm so impressed with my results, that I will continue to have this treatment done to my hair from here on out.

Also to add: Waiting three days (72 hours) to shampoo/ wet hair was a bit tough, but just find yourself a good dry shampoo. This will be your best friend!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It contains highly hazardous chemicals!!!!!!
"Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy contains octanal, also known as aldehyde C-8. This formaldehyde-based preservative works to preserve the formula for the duration of its shelf life, but also plays a part in relaxing the hair follicle, as outlined in "Cosmetics Unmasked" by Stephen and Gina Antczak. There are two ingredients used to thicken the Smoothing Therapy formula---guar gum and hydroxyethylcellulose. Both of these chemicals are synthesized from natural ingredients. There are three ingredients in Coppola's Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy that keep the oil and water-based ingredients from separating over time. These ingredients are xanthan gum, glyceryl monococate and glycol distearate, The ingredients also include p-benzoquinone, a chemical designed to keep the chemical compounds stable. P-benzoquinone also acts as an antimicrobial agent, keeping potentially harmful microorganisms from forming in the product, according to "A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients" by Ruth Winter."
--livestrong.com

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This made my morning routine sooooo much faster! It's definitely the only beauty treatment that has made a difference in my life. I had the longer treatment first awhile ago and recently followed up with the express one. I naturally have big, poofy, frizzy, curly hair and now, without putting anything in it, it's slightly wavy and frizz free. I actually just comb it and it's done. It's very expensive, but it has been worth it to not have to deal with my crazy hair anymore

on 3/13/2011 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This treatment is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! I was sooo sick of my hair, so much effort to stay straight and to make it look halfway decent. It is a little expensive, I bought the 8 oz. bottle and will be able to get two treatments out of it, so it is not that bad at all. The instructions say to use 2-3 oz. of product but I found that I used about 4-5. It was my first time doing the treatment so I probably just layered it on. I did it myself and it took two and a half hours. But I saved the cost of going to a salon, and it really was not very difficult at all. The three days afterward of not washing, putting in a ponytail or even behind my ears were OK, I couldn't go to the gym or anything and had to be careful washing my face. I did the treatment on a Monday and Friday I got my hair colored. it is best to get the treatment done after hair color to seal it in, but it just didn't work that way with my schedule. Anyway, my hair colorist was SO IMPRESSED with the results that she wrote down the name of the treatment, it is like i have a new head of hair. my hair is AMAZING. I cannot emphasize this enough. My hair used to be frizzy, hard to control, very curly, thick. I would HATE going to the beach or water park in fear of a frizzy mess. I am a waitress at a restaurant at the beach, right on the water, and fear for those humid summer nights with my hair looking a mess. Now my hair stays silky, soft, and straight. It took my hair colorist 15 minutes to blow dry and straighten. that is all. I am soooo thrilled for my shiny, soft, AMAZING hair. it is very healthy now. I will continue to use this treatment for as long as I can, and i PRAY that it never becomes discontinued. Give this a try, you will definitely not regret it.

on 3/6/2011 7:08:00 AM

I'm not sure if I'm categorizing this correctly but I recently got a Keratin Treatment after hearing all the rave reviews about it. I have boofy frizzy hair that looks awful if I leave it to dry naturally and I was recommended this product by a hair stylist at a photo shoot. Anyway, I went to a place that used the Global Keratin brand but when I got there they informed me that GK had just recalled all the old product a couple of days ago because it had too much formaldehyde than what is legal in Australia. The hairdresser said that the new one they replaced it with isn't as good and won't really help with boofyness, but more just with frizz and softness. I almost left but my $175 deposit kept me firmly planted to the salon chair.

After a big stuff up on the salons part they realised they didn't have ANY type of the Keratin left and had to get it sent by a taxi, whilst I waited in store for 2 and a half hours. Again, I kept telling myself it would be worth it to have gorgeous soft, silky smooth hair. When it finally came, the hairdresser was very rough with putting it into my hair so now unfortunately I have a lot of broken damaged strands that contribute to unattractive fly-aways. Also they told me to leave the Keratin in for only 48 hours which is contrary to everything I had read (4 - 7 days).

So in conclusion, the result - It is softer. It is a bit easier to manage, not AS boofy but not smooth either. Does not straighten hair at all. There are lots of fly aways from damage during the process and there wasn't as much shine as I was told I would have. It might be a bit brighter but not noticeably. Over all it would be an good treatment just to help moisturize dry hair, but for the price I paid all up (including the shampoo and conditioner you have to get) which was $420 It was DEFINITELY NOT worth it. And I guess the bad experience at the salon I went to didn't help. I'm thinking I should have just left it in longer and not listened to the hairdresser and maybe it would be better. If considering this, make sure you check that it has formaldehyde in it or it will not work as well.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

AMAZING, Seriously, for anyone thinking about getting this treatment, DO IT! I have endless thick, wavy on top, curly underneath, frizzy, poufy hair, a little longer than shoulder-length, that I can make look perfect, but that requires a 45-60 min. blowout followed by another 10 of flat ironing. Forget about air-drying my hair, it looks disgusting and unruly - embarrassing.
I used some Christmas money to get this treatment after contemplating for months, and I can't express how happy I am. Air-drying my hair looks so good, with very little wave, if any. Blow-drying takes 7-10 minutes, and a blow-out takes 10-15, and requires little effort to get the same straight with volume results an hour use to take. I haven't used my flat iron since the treatment because I haven't had to.
Keep in mind, this is a smoothing, not straightening treatment, which I like because I never wanted flat, pin-straight hair. So if your hair is extremely curly, this would probably make it wavy, but would take little effort to get straight results.
My hair also looks and feels extremely soft and healthy. I used to wash my hair every 4-6 days, but now I do notice my hair getting oily after 2 full days so I've found myself washing every other day or every two days.
Finally, some cons:
-Treatment time is long: My appointment was at 2:45, I left salon at 6. You have to sit with treatment on hair for 30 minutes.
-Treatment does contain formaldehyde so it does burn eyes and make it water, my stylist blow-dried my hair away from face to prevent this but it still happened some
-Treatment smells, partially because of product and partially because of all the flat-ironing, and smell stayed through first two washes
- Not washing my hair for 3 days after was torture. It was so pin-straight from each section being irons 7 times that it looked absolutely ridiculous, glad I got it on a Thursday so I could go into hiding on the weekend
- I have a very sensitive scalp, and for most it will not burn at all but it did for me on some spots of scalp, so my stylist would blot off excess while she applied, and it caused a little flakiness for the 3 days after. However, most people would not have these problems

I have read many reviews of women doing this themselves, and I would HIGHLY recommend getting the treatment in a salon before attempting at home. It is an extremely tedious process and does contain chemicals and done wrong, could severely mess up your hair. I don't think I will ever attempt this myself, partially because my arms would fall off due to four straight hours of blow drying, applying, blow drying, and straightening 1/2 inch sections of my never-ending hair and partially because it truly seems like it needs to be done by a pro.

Finally, you must wash and condition with Coppola products (bottle of each is supplied w/ treatment) but you also can buy leave-ins with keratin that extend treatment time longer.

I love it so far. It gradually fades out. The first time it only lasted me 3 months even with the proper shampoo and conditioner. I just did it a second time because I had still been ironing my hair often (especially since the treatment came out pretty quickly) and therefore damaged the bottom few inches a lot. Even though it faded quickly I still loved the effect while it was in so it drove me to do it again. My hair was smoother, flatter, shinier, softer, much easier to iron (it ironed in a pinch and stayed straight all day) and manage. The frizz was gone. Unfortunately it fades out and then you really miss the treatment.
I got the treatment again because of the damage done to my hair from extensive ironing, especially in the two-ish months between now and when the treatment wore off. It seemed that the more I ironed my hair the more damaged it would get and the worse it would look. I figured that with the keratin my hair will be more manageable and nicer and I won't have to iron it as much so it will grow back quicker and healthier, especially after cutting off a few inches. I just washed my hair for the third time since I got the second treatment. The first treatment it dried with a wave after the first wash. Tonight I just washed it for the third time since the second treatment and it is almost perfectly pin straight, it looks as if I ironed my hair even though I did not do a thing to it besides brush after washing and let it air dry. Perhaps this is also because I took beter care of it during the no-wash period (I ironed it at least twice a day to reinforce the keratin like I was instucted to do, didn't get it wet or expose it to humidity, kept it down and striaght, and tried to go as long as possible without washing). Now I don't have to do a thing with it, it seems that the treatment works more strongly the second time so far and it is definitely straighter than it was the first time. Hopefully it will last for 5-6 months this time instead of 3. I definitely recommend.

on 4/7/2010 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I have used this product for the second time now, and my hair looks and feels better than the first time... I didn't get it done at a salon, which was going to charge me AU$700, but got help from my aunt and it ended up costing me a little over AU$300, with enough product left for two more applications.
The first time i used this product i didn't use the same brand shampoo and conditioner, and the application process was hard and long. I was overall happy with the results first time round, although my hair did stay pretty curly, there was limited frizz.
The second time round I purchased the Coppola clarifying shampoo along with the keratin shampoo and conditioner for around AU$20 off of strawberrynet. The application time was cut in half and was not as hard as the first time and the results were so much better. I just washed my hair after the 72 hours and my hair is soft, silky, shiny, much healthier and no longer curly, it just has a slight wave to it.

I really advise this product if your looking for something to help end frizz problems as it has cut down my frizz dramatically. Before my first treatment my hair (just past my shoulders) could have been mistaken for an afro, but now it dries naturally close to my head and sleek.