Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara

Chantecaille Faux Cils Mascara

4.1

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate, Polybutene, Triacontanyl Pvp, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Tourmaline, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17; May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289).

on 10/9/2016 3:49:00 PM

Re-writing my review for this product because same rating but i have some other comments.

So: Stupidly expensive mascara, smells a bit of roses....is very wet when you first open it and start using it but seems to get better with time. It doesn't dry out like other mascaras do, something a lot of other reviewers have also mentioned, but this helps to justify the cost somewhat I think.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL mascara basically, makes eyelashes so incredibly plush and does not clump at all, doesn't make lashes brittle or stiff. I own a few mascaras and this is the one I always reach for, the fail safe for definite. You can layer and layer this stuff and it just gets better.
The brush is a bristle brush and is just the right size, not giant, not tiny and not stabby. Perfect, as is the amount of mascara that is deposited on it when it comes out of the tube.

Some negatives (that i consider minor) and tips to go with my glowing review:

- Packaging is a beautiful gunmetal shiny package but don't expect it to stay like that. Despite the insane price of this product the lid of mine has cracked and the gunmetal lid comes off and reveals the plastic nub that the brush is connected to... the writing wears off and the gunmetal colour eventually wears off too. In short: It looks like crap and is broken, but I keep using it anyway because it's just that good - most of the time I'd bin a product for this kind of thing if it was average.

- This is so not waterproof, if you cry then it's game over. I'm sorry but take it from one who knows. You can buy clarins mascara fix and this will save your ass and give you the best of both worlds.

- Let this dry before you go about your day ok? It needs to set because it can smudge if it's still wet and it is quite wet to start with.

Aside from those smalls caveats I really recommend you try this out - it's amazing and I love it so much I will buy it again, even at that ridiculous price. NB - I don't have the longest lash version, i have the £30 standard version (still ridiculous price) - the longest lash is £60 which is insane... but I might go there.

on 8/15/2016 7:26:00 AM

My previous go-to mascara has been Lancome Hypnose, but I wished that my lashes stayed a bit straighter - a weird thing to say but they seemed to need more support. Chantecaille has delivered the answer. I was using my Hypnose for normal days and Chantecaille for special days, but the Chantecaille just looks that bit better that I've converted to using it every day - life's too short ay?

I use Shiseido Nourishing Base underneath - I always use this under mascara to lengthen and keep moisturised (prevent drying).

Pros:
- No flaking
- Holds my curl - I curl using a mechanical curler
- Lengthens
- Separates beautifully
- A little bit of volume but definitely not a false spider lash effect
- Does not transfer
- Seems to pick up little lashes better than many other mascaras

Cons:
- Price
- Doesn't come in brown which I'd buy as well if they made it, for a more natural dressed-down look

The rose smell does not upset my eyes and I do have somewhat sensitive eyes - some mascaras make me tear up in the morning but not this one.

Will repurchase.

UPDATE December 2016:
I have no idea why, but stupidly I decided to experiment with the one other mascara I wondered about, Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum. It was a good product but was like an anti-volume mascara - thin and spindly lashes.
I have just repurchased the Chantecaille and will probably never buy anything else. Mascara search over. Now I just need to remember that and stop the reflexive purchasing of other mascaras to try!

on 6/26/2016 3:21:00 AM

What this product did for me: No length, no volume. Nothing.

Also the mascara comes out of the tube when you seal it, and causes a black yucky mess around the edges. The rose water smell is nice, but at $109 AU you are better off buying a $10 supermarket mascara for the same result.

The one good thing about this mascara is the product does not dry out after a few months, as most mascara's seem to. I bought this 5 or so months ago and its still going good.

My advice however, don't waste your money on this one.

on 2/1/2016 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I purchased this super expensive mascara after I took my lash extensions off. I used it consistenyl for three weeks and my lashes are noticably longer and thicker. Chantecaille's Longest Lash Mascara fuses the newest lash-growth peptide technology with the original, sought-after Faux Cils formula. Lashes get a boost with Chantecailles unique SymPeptide 17™, stimulating keratin genes and encouraging the strength and length of your natural lashes - without irritation or discoloration. The Longest Lash Mascara creates immediate volume with a special combination of natural waxes to thicken and plump lashes. Chantecailles signature Rosewater is added for a luxurious and healing experience. The formula features the non-clumping, double helix brush to comb and feather lashes for clump-free volume.

Would definitely repurchase but need to save up some of my Nordstroms notes as this mascara is definitely pricey but absolutely worth it.

on 10/12/2015 6:54:00 PM

Please note that this is a review of the Faux Cils "Longest Lash" mascara.

I wear mascara every day, so naturally I baulked at the price of this, which is about $30AUD more than the Faux Cils mascara. However, with dead straight Asian lashes that lack length and volume, I decided to give it a go.

In terms of formulation, the rosewater makes it a bit wet for the first month or so, but it gets better after that. Some people might find it annoying, but I don't really mind - it just means I need to wait a little longer between coats. Being wet also means the tube never dries out towards the end, so I feel like I get more out of it which is great when you consider the price!!

Unlike the standard Faux Cils, the Longest Lash contains "Sim Peptide" which is supposed to lengthen lashes. After going through two tubes, I can't say that I've noticed much of a difference, but then, I'm not very observant of things like this!!

I curl my lashes first before applying MAC lash primer. Then I apply 2-3 coats of mascara. It doesn't clump at all, so it's very tempting to just keep applying!! It really does lengthen and thicken very nicely, which makes it stand out from the other mascaras I've tried. There is also no transfer once it's on.

The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging - the silver colour on the tube tends to wear off. I'm onto my second tube now and the same thing has happened - the colour on the lid of the tube has worn off where my fingers usually grip. Also, with this particular tube, the lid has cracked slightly.

With the first tube that I bought, I threw it into a makeup bag and the silver colour ended up coming off all over the tube, not just the lid. For such an expensive product, I'm disappointed that the packaging isn't better. It also ends up looking like a cheap tube of mascara!!

I will keep buying it, but might give the standard Faux Cils a try and see whether it gives me the same effect with a $30 saving.

on 6/13/2015 1:46:00 AM

Naturally I cringed at the price but my lawd this is gorgeous. Black, separated but still fluffy lashes with volume and a slight curl even without using an eyelash curler! My previous love was the original Diorshow but this is better for every day and I've heard one tube lasts for 6 months to a year instead of the usual 3 to 6 months you can squeeze out of other mascaras so price wise it may not be so bad (I will have to see this for myself). Firstly, this is quite a dry formula which personally I love because you can build it up from subtle to dramatic without getting the clumpy 4-stumps-for-lashes look. I hate very wet mascaras for this reason. Faux Cils unlike other drier formulas including Diorshow leaves your lashes soft rather than stiff or crunchy. Doesn't budge until you add water at which point it's easy to take off. I feel like the formula is nourishing for the lashes as well. This is my first Chantecaille purchase and I'm impressed.

on 8/22/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: This is very much like Shu's new version of their Mascara Basic so I will be returning this and saving some cash. They are positively identical except this one smells faintly of roses which I can live without.

I do like this mascara and do thinks it reminds me of Shu Basic. The brush is perfect: small enough to wield around my small eyes, builds volume and defines length on my fine thin but long lashes. I have not had problems with the longevity with this product and the black is a nice glossy color.

I do have to take off a lipstick for price. $45 is a lot of money on my teacher's salary so this tube better last. It is a big tube compared to the downsized Clinique versions of late.

on 6/8/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lovely mascara, adds heaps of volume, curls and lengthens. Makes lashes look thick and glossy. Great wand too for application. However one lippy off because for me the mascara transfers and smudges beneath my eyes, definitely not ideal!

on 4/8/2014 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

no immediate high drama with this product but can build with confidence. no clumping which is great along with a major plus of not ending up under the eyes many hours later. was told there is a growth product in this which may be true as mine do seem thicker. in any event lashes are in great shape. lippie off for the price. can recommend.

on 4/2/2014 5:17:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've ever used. It lengthens, separates and curls effectively. Clumps and smudges are minimal, so it's perfect for the natural look that I want to achieve. I've been using this mascara for the past six months (not daily though) and the formula hasn't thickened or changed in any other way. I also love the rosy scent! I've tried various high-end mascara brands (YSL, Givenchy, Chanel, etc.) and have yet to find a better substitute.

Popular Mascaras