3.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

7 years ago

I like the smell of this initially but it has no staying power. Also, i dont find the fragrance anything new or special. Its good but not great.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

from

8 years ago

This is quickly becoming my go-to fragrance. Classic and lingering, but without being overbearing. Love the retro-esque bottle, too. I get ginger, pear, woody spice, and patchouli out of this one (EDP). So many women's fragrances are so sickly sweet these days - this one is soft and sweet without being overpowering, because there are some somewhat masculine notes in here. It works, though. Staying power is great, sillage is conservative - but people still comment on it, and they like it. It's one of those scents that isn't going to hit people over the head - it is way too refined for that! Love this. Won't be without a bottle, ever. :)

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

Try it if you are tired of sickly sweet fragrances. I just think mature, classy woman when I smell it, not old lady. It's a good winter fragrance. Receive lots of compliments when I wear it.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0
from

9 years ago

UGH. This smells like something familiar, I just can't quite place it. Maybe like my grandma. It's a sharp, acrid fragrance, with some slight floral notes to it. Very, very strong. It's not good, and I couldn't wait to wash it off!

About reviewer (427 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBrown

9 years ago

This perfume has to be my favorite. It's so long lasting and only one spritz is necessary for an entire day. It's just wonderful. I got the largest bottle available, however I've been using it pretty much everyday for a year and I still have a TON left in the bottle. It's going to last me a long time.This is one of those perfumes that I smelled in a magazine samplet and immediately HAD TO HAVE IT. It's a unique musky scent that I've gotten quite a lot of complements on. :)

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesOther

9 years ago

This is to me a really unique newer scent. It is classic but modern at the same time. It is a nice floral that oozes femininity. It is a bit spicy, like an oriental floral. Top notes include bitter orange, juicy pear, ginger and davana notes. Heart notes are bright and audacious, rose loukoum, jasmine with saffron. At the base, styrax, patchouli and vetiver.

About reviewer (425 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

9 years ago

The only reason I would not buy this again is because I would not classify it as a timeless or classic scent. It does have pear all over it, but in a good way to me. Also, it is musky and I loooove musky. If not for the great musky quality, I would have given it a 3 because it would be average. The bottle is unimaginative (hence the 2 rating), but who cares.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age

SkinOily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

EyesBlack

9 years ago

One of my favourites! My husband go this scent for me in 2009 and I've bought many bottles since. I wear this one at least once a week. It smells girly and classy.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I bought this perfume a week ago having acquired some Boots vouchers through work and decided I'd put them towards a new perfume. I tend to have favourites where scents are concerned and I'm definitely not the type to go for all the latest ones, and definitely not into the most common ones. In fact, I get turned off by a scent if everyone seems to wear it, ie. DKNY 'Be Delicious'! Feels like everyone has that now! Anyway, I spent about an hour in Boots spritzing those little paper sticks and wandering round to see which scent appealed to me most and it came down to this one. I wasn't crazy about it but I needed to spend the vouchers anyway and it was a little different to the oriental florals I usually go for. To give an idea of my usual kind of scents, I tend to fluctuate between Jean Paul Gaultier 'Classique' EDP, Lancome 'Miracle Intense', and Armani 'Diamonds' - all of which are oriental florals. Another one I like is Sean John 'Unforgivable Woman' - again, another oriental floral! I love scents that are warm, creamy and feminine. 'Idole' didn't smell like this, but it did appeal and I fancied something a bit different. So I bought it, not knowing whether it was an oriental floral or not, and off home I went. I spritzed it on myself that evening to see how I smelled and I have to admit that I started to wonder if I'd made a huge mistake! It smelled quite masculine and fresh, and whilst I'd wanted something different, I didn't want that! So, quite disappointed, I went to bed and decided to wear it the next day to see how it went and then would sell on eBay if it still did nothing for me. Well, the next day was a different story and I can only think it was because I sprayed it on fresh skin (after my shower) which hadn't been already tainted with another scent (I had sprayed it on top of 'Miracle Intense' the night before). And as the day wore on, I fell more and more in love with it. And this scent is quite unique in that it manages to combine freshness with warmth and spiciness. It's a combination that's divine to me and definitely a fabulous scent for Spring and Summer. It isn't as creamy as my usual orientals but I have grown to love it and now I'm so glad I gave it a second chance! I don't think it will become my holy grail scent (I think JPG 'Classique' has the edge there), but it will definitely get used frequently. On me, the lasting power is pretty good. I can still smell it on myself at the end of the day having sprayed it at 8am that morning. And the warmer I am, the better it smells, which is why I think this will be a perfect scent for warm weather. The bottle isn't the most interesting but I do like it - it's simple and classy and a perfect size (35ml) for a handbag. I never buy the larger sizes as I've never (to this day!) got through an entire scent before getting bored! I would definitely recommend this scent to anyone who wants to smell sophisticated, fresh, yet sensual and womanly at the same time. Wouldn't recommend to anyone below the age of 25, this is more of a mature scent, in my opinion.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

My HG perfume.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24