Conair CS54 Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Curler & Straightener AKA You Style Multi-Function Styler-Straightener

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.3

on 1/2/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'd only recommend this product if you feel like spending close to an hour doing your hair. The straightener works great, leaves a little curl at the ends but doesn't get to the root. The curler took a month to get used to. I had to Google tutorials because the video that comes with it didn't help. Maybe it's my hair type but the curls never last long, although I do enjoy the waves it creates. Great for curling my bangs but sometimes can leave a nasty crease in my hair. Doesn't get really hot either but doesn't leave hair with a burnt smell.

I have medium-length layers and side swept bangs and it's wavy but frizzy and I thought I'd give this product a try to make me look less like a cave woman. I wanted something that will do waves or straight depending on my mood so I thought I'd give this product a try. It heats up in a flash (which is perfect as my grooming time is limited) and is quick and easy to use whether I'm going for straight or waves (I can curl my hair much more quickly with this than with my old curling iron). If you are going for curly though, it doesn't give you a tight curl - it's more like loose, beachy waves. So if you are going for tight curls, I say skip this product - the model on the box is not an accurate representation of what this tool can do. Also, if you have long hair (especially if it's thick) I'm not sure this would be robust enough for your needs. But anyway, I love this and it's nice to have a sort of 2 in 1 tool when traveling.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have very naturally curly hair. Finding any product that can make my hair as straight as possible is an amazing thing. I got this for Christmas and I love it! Normally when I find a straightener I am semi-happy with, I stick with them, so I was pleased to at least get a chance to try something new. I don't really use the curling part of the iron, but the straigtener is great. It really gets my hair stick-straight like I want it and it lasts all day. I can even sleep on it, and in the morning it will still be straight, where as before I would have to spend another 15 minutes in the bathroom doing touch-ups.

Popular Hair Products