Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream

Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream

3.2

Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Quaternized Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone, Dimethylaminoethyl Methylacrylate, Glycol Stearate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-72, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Argan Oil), Behentrimonium Methosulfate C10-40, Isoalkylamido, Propylethyldimonium, Ethosulfate, Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Dimethicone, Parfum (Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, Lactic Acid

on 10/22/2016 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This product is amazing and smell wonderful. I have fine hair but a lot of it - curl type 3a. I currently have a stacked bob hair style so it's on the short side. I use one pump of this after showering. I mix the product with a tiny amount of water and distribute through my hair, comb, scrunch, and air dry. My hair is frizz free for the most part, full of body, and healthy looking. I highly recommend this product, especially if your hair is color treated or bleached and on dry side.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My friend passed this product along to me after she had her hair keratin treated. The first time I used it, I made the mistake of adding too much product (us thick, curly haired curls generally have to use A LOT of product to tame our locks). As others have said, a little of this stuff goes a long way. Adding too much will leave your hair feeling heavy and almost 'dirty', as others have complained.

I have thick, dry, 2C curls about 2" below my shoulders and this is the method that is working for me:

I warm a quarter sized dollop of the cream between my hands and run it through my hair with my fingers. Whatever is left on my palms, I spread over the outer most layer of my hair from root to tip (keeps away those damn frizzies). Scrunch and let air dry - easy, no? I am able to refresh my curls the next day by spraying my hair with a little water and re-scrunching with a tiny amount of product.

My issues with this product are 1) the price - although I was lucky enough to get half a bottle for free, this time, I'll have to pay a good chunk of cash to repurchase, and 2) the smell, although pleasant, is quite strong. If you are sensitive to strong fragrances, be weary.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/3/2016 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This has changed my hair life forever.
A bit about me: In Curly Girl language I'm a 2c/3a with coarse hair, high porosity, natural hair color with quite a lot of gray coming in, and no intentions of coloring my hair.
I've tried so many products, probably hundreds, for my very coarse and porous hair, which takes on the look of Hagrid's hairdo every time I've been outside the house in the slightest wind or rain. I've tried the Curly Girl method, washing with only conditioner. I've gone all-natural with shampoos and conditioners. I've avoided silicones and mineral oils for years and years. I threw out my brushes many moons ago. I've done the oils and the flaxseed gels, the LOC methods and the KCCC. The result of these virtuous efforts? A huge mane of scraggly hair which would only look good for about half a day after washing, and never any shine in sight.
One day I'd just had enough. Who was I kidding? All that natural stuff may be working for many women, but it definitely didn't do anything for the appearance of my hair, and I was sick and tired of having bad hair days every single day. So I got myself a bottle of Garnier shampoo and a rich conditioner to go with it, plus a deep treatment in the same line, and a bottle of Moroccanoil Intense Curl Cream, and went home to go against everything I've believed in for many years.
After washing, conditioning and towel drying my hair I put about a dime sized dollop of the curl cream in my hands and distributed it as evenly as I could in my hair. I loved the soft smell and how soft and slippery it made my hair feel. I must admit I was a bit apprehensive, since the product has petrolatum and mineral oil and a silicone in it. I expected frizz, which is how my hair usually behaves no matter what I do with it. But instead something else happened: as I let my hair air dry, beautiful spiral curls started to form and believe it or not, they were shiny and soft!!! What's more, the morning after when I let my hair down from the bun I always put it up in for sleeping, it was still soft and shiny, and the curls were still there!
I've been using the Intense Curl Cream for a week and a half now and it performs beautifully every single day. Amazingly enough my hair is even curlier than before, but the frizz is gone and instead it's soft and shiny. I can go three days without washing, and if it's a little flat in the morning, I just wet my hands and slide them through the curls and they bounce right back, shiny and soft. This is incredible. I've found my HG hair product and now all the other stuff is going in the bin. Yay!!!

on 11/17/2015 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I understand the mixed reviews for this product. It is quite heavy and if you use to much it tends to Make your hair look dirty.
I got thick type 3a curls on shoulderlenght.
It works like a charm on my hair. Even my friends noticed the better defined curls and I love the smell.
A con is the build up but I'm not a fan of non-sulphate shampoos so that's not really a concern for me.
Another con I discovered overtime was that it made terrible knots in my hair.
Like it was glued together and extremely dry.
So although I adore the curl definition this stuff gives I take my lippies away.

Pro
Well defined curls
Lovely smell
A tube lasts me ages

Con
Use to much and your hair looks awfull
(but that's with every stylingproduct if you use to much)
My hair dried out and knots are showing up in all my end

on 10/15/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I got this cream as a gift from my hairdresser... I was very excited to get home and try it on, but this turned out a HUGE disappointment to me. It made my hair look dirty and oily, when I had just washed it. It did define the curls, but it looked gross.
Then I thought "Okay, maybe I put too much cream on, let's give it a second chance." and so did I. No difference. I gave it away and didn't even feel sad about it. I'm glad I got it for free, no money wasted.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Pros-
* lasts AGES one pump goes a long way for my medium length THICK curly hair
* tames my fuzzies
* defines my S shaped curls
* leaves hair looking soft and healthy
* pump bottle super handy
* smells delicious - not overwhelming

Cons-
* Silicones mean sulphate shampoo is required to get it out :(
* looks hideous the 2nd day even worse when you try to re-activate
* expensive as hell
* wouldnt repurchase because of the silicones & the 2nd day look is just ugh which means I need to wash and I dont want to wash my curly hair everyday and dry it out. Its a shame though because it looks so pretty the first day.

on 4/11/2013 11:46:00 AM

Maybe this just wasn't the right product for me since I have thin wavy hair, but it was HORRIBLE. What a waste of money! It made my hair dry, crispy, flat, and greasy. I've used better $3 drugstore products.

on 2/25/2013 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

well i have a love hate relationship with this product.
hate: i hate the scent, it is very baby powderish and cheap smelling.
the pump does not work until the very end of the product so you have to deal with that. since it is so expensive i am pretty mad about that.
you have to be careful how much you use or it will be somewhat heavy ont he hair.
love: my long waves are well defined and shiney and this product reactivates the next day by just adding a water spray.
it works also as a leave in conditioner.
it laast forever so being expensive is not that much of a problem.
you can not feel it in your hair at all.
this is the only hair product i buy repeatedly and i am a hair junkie.
Ah, but the stupid scent. some just love it though.so you have to smell it for yourself. i guess i like the flowery more than baby powder.

The cream is fanstatic for my coarse curly hair and, if you can put up with the dispenser, it is well worth it - it really does perform wonders.

The dispenser is a disgrace for such an expensive product. It seems every second one I buy, the pump doesn't work - I have to keep my old pump and switch it between bottles. Also, the pump stops pumping out the cream when there is still a substantial amount left. Cue: mess in the bathroom as you have to try and extract the product from the bottle. I don't understand why they wouldn't have this product in some tube. I currently have 5 half empty bottles on my shelf because I can't bear to deal with the mess of using the remainder of the cream. A definite let down.

on 9/6/2012 4:42:00 PM

I bought this product on a recommendation from my hairdresser, after LOVING the scent. She said it would work well on my curly, thick, often frizzy hair. It certainly has. The product lasts forever even though it is very expensive. I took off a lippie for the nasty parabens.

Popular Styling Products