Maybelline Color Sensational - Totally Toffee

Maybelline Color Sensational - Totally Toffee
Color Sensational - Totally ToffeeColor Sensational - Totally ToffeeColor Sensational - Totally Toffee

4.3

on 1/31/2017 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been on the hunt for a perfect nude for quite some time. Estee Lauder signature in venetian rose was wonderful but now, of course, it is discontinued. I asked on the makeup board aways back for some recs. Mac modesty and Mac syrup seemed the most promising. I do not like mac's formula and find it to be too expensive so I googled some dupes. Totally toffee is almost identical to modesty so I decided to check it out. I almost did not buy this after looking at it in person for it looked so blah but for 6 bucks, tax included, I decided to get it anyway. It is perfection on my nc20, leaning more neutral, skintone. Very nude but does not wash me out at all! It's a miracle. This gives me lush, healthy looking lips just slightly better than my own. This does have a touch of frost, which I normally hate, but it is such a small amount that it's fine. It just gives the illusion of fullness, so pretty. It only wears for a couple hours but I don't mind reapplying. I do apply over a bit of lip balm. Love this shade and I can't believe it was cheap at the DS.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I can see this working as a MLBB nude for anyone with a light to medium skintone; on me this is a bit darker than my lips and looks a lot like a dupe for Kat Von D's "Lovecraft" lipstick in color if not in texture. I would describe it as a light-medium (on me pretty much medium) neutral tan brown with a hint-of-mauve nude. I am surprised at how pigmented it is and how it is a notably deeper color on the lips than in the tube.
Like many, I prefer a nude lipstick to pull more neutral than peachy because warmer shades can go orange on me, and orange is one color I can't abide on my face. This fits the bill. The formula feels a bit stiff in the tube but applies SO smoothly, creamily and without pulling or patchiness. It carries the tiniest hint of frost. I would say it looks and feels similar to the MAC "Frost" line of lipsticks.
The longevity is impressive for a non-matte lipstick, drugstore brand or not. It doesn't last through a meal but doesn't fade easily, either. The tube is Maybelline's traditional red rectangle deal and seems secure. The price was around $8.50, but these are literally on sale every week at CVS so it really comes out to about $4-$5 most of the time.
After buying this, "Touch of Spice" and "Warm Me Up", I am officially on the Maybelline lipstick bandwagon and will be picking up more shades. Whether it is a shimmery or matte shade, these are probably the most consistently impressive lip products at the drugstore, although Revlon has amazing lipsticks as well.

on 12/19/2015 3:29:00 PM

My favorite lipstick by American Beauty, Sorbet, was discontinued. I tried the Maybelline Totally Toffee and fell in love from the very beginning. Maybelline is more glossy, more creamy, the packaging is easier to use and the color is close to to AB but just a little lighter. All of these things added together is why this is my new favorite lipstick. I had even bought a few extras of the AB Sorbet when I heard it was going away and now that I found this one, I rarely use it anymore. I would highly recommend this for a nice subtle brown color to wear daily. I will definitely buy again.

on 2/12/2015 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm an NC20, light but with REALLY strong yellow undertones. Most nude shades wash me out and make me look like a corpse. "Totally Toffee" is the perfect tan-pink nude that actually warms up my skin and makes my lips look full and natural. I used to use "Warm Me Up", but even that looked too pinkish-purple on me. I love this lip color and will curse the day it is discontinued.

on 11/8/2014 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm not a fan of Totally Toffee. It is too sheer, plus it has an almost frosted sheen effect, and I hate frost in my lipsticks! It's a shame to just throw it out, so I'll try to mix it with other lipsticks and make it work until I'm done with it. Would not repurchase.

on 6/24/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Im mac nc45/revlon rich ginger. My skin tones is a mixture of yellow and peach.This lipstick is practically the color of my skin when swatched across my hand. On my lips it barely shows up as a color do to it blending in with my skin. This lipsticks is medium to full coverage. It has that silver/ashy reflection in the light. Its by no means ashy though. It is truly a nude lipstick. I dont get much contrast so its not quite what Im looking for. I need for it to be peachier. The color is fleshtone with slight undertones of mauvey taupe. Without any other makeup and just this lipstick, I look completely bare. I look like im missing something. I need makeup to wear this. This could be due to me naturally having pigmented lips and im not used to the blankness of this nude. Maybe it will be better when i loose my summer tan (with all of this heat, forget the calendar. for me summer started a month ago).

This color is better than maybelline truffle tease, rimmel airy fairy, rimmel kate moss 14,and loreal fairest nude. These colors have grey tones to them on my lips. Revlon mink is just way too dark and brown

on 5/22/2014 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This lipstick really works for me. It's the perfect pinky nude color without pulling too pink against my red hair. The formula is awesome too. Creamy and moist, I feel like I'm wearing a luxury brand lipstick. Maybelline has definately upped their game.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

GORGEOUS light/medium nude. Slightly dry texture, yet goes on very smooth. The deal breaker here is the overpowering fragrance. Dear god, it stinks! What were they thinking?! I'm highly sensitive to fragrances and this was an instant headache in a tube for me. Loved how pretty it was on my pigmented lips, though :-(

on 3/5/2014 11:50:00 PM

My fav nude lipstick. It brightens my face even being a nude shade. Very creamy and stay put for long time. Very beautiful shade with excellent quality n price. Will always repurchase it.

BEAUTIFUL COLOR

Nice Spring color for blondes and strawberry blondes with pale complexions, but I can see women with darker, warm complexions wearing this,

This is a nice, long-lasting shade that made me look just...pretty...but not obvious. Nice for daytime in warmer weather.

It's not too brown or coral or peachy, just a nice naturally close-to-nude color, but with enough color to brighten your face.

I LOVE IT. SOOOO nice for an inexpensive lipstick. Lasted a long time on me without eating/drinking anything...at least a few hours.

Mine has no smell at all!!!