Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator

Skinceuticals Retexturing Activator

3.9

Aqua/Water, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Saccharomices/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, D35920/3

on 7/23/2017 11:57:00 PM

This product has truly been amazing for my skin.
I have sensitive, acne prone skin which is vulnerable to being dry and dehydrated if I'm not carfeul.
I had been using this for a year when I tried to venture off and find something cheaper. BIG MISTAKE! To cut a long story short, I put stuff on my face which my face completely reacted and hated me for. My skin succumbed to obstinate clogged pores, cystic acne and now the red acne pigmentation that has come after. My fault, really. (Sigh)
I stopped using those products which had worked for others but not me and started up with this amazing elixir of beauty again (along with Skinceauticals Serum 10 aox+ and Retinol. 05). My face has done a 180. I've only had 2 very tiny whiteheads in the past month while the rest of my face has been quite calm and smooth. Not perfect skin (that doesn't exist, people) but I'm definitely happy with it!

Yes, Skinceuticals will hurt your pocket book but at 33 yrs of age I've realised my skin is worth investing into and I'll continue to buy this and the other Skinceuticals products I have in rotation.

Side note: To get the best out of these products go to a beauty salon which sells them. A professional will help you find the best products for your skin. This has been the best avenue for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Been using it for a while (i am in my 40s but still get lots of break outs) but i really did notice no difference in the long run .

I seriously believe this has saved and improved my skin. Prior to using this, my skin was dull, pimples/acne scars would take ages to go away, and I would always experience constant eczema flareup.
One weekend during the end of August, my eczema was unbearable. The patches were itchy, hot and were spreading all over my face. Nothing helped. I was recommended this by a dermatologist - not that it would 'fix' my eczema per se, but that it would improve the general health (and appearance) of my skin, and thus could probably better my eczema. I was a bit skeptical because I thought only hydrocortisone would help with the flareup, but I still gave this a try. Even if it didn't help with my eczema, it would still help with my other skin concerns.

So I tried it out, 4-5 drops on my face and neck right after cleansing(avoiding the eye areas) at night. After a week, my eczema flareup was almost gone, and I noticed immediate improvements in the texture of my skin. As this retexturizes the skin by getting rid of dead skin cells and activates the growth of new skin, it significantly brightens up the skin. It also reduces wrinkles and surface lines.

Now, I'm only 23 and so I don't have much wrinkles/surface lines so I can't attest to the effectiveness of preventiveness. However, I can say that this does a wonderful job at brightening my skin and improving the overall texture of my skin. Now I get less clogged pores due to the constant exfoliation of the skin, pimples/scars go away much faster and my face gets irritated less often. Don't get me wrong, I still get eczema..but this makes it so much more manageable and less noticeable.

I truly believe this works. I've noticed that with better skin, my make up looks a thousand times better. The only downside to this is the glass bottle (easy to break), dropper isn't the most hygienic, and the price. It is quite pricey at $77 for 30ml, but considering the great improvement I've seen....I do believe it is worth it. I've been using this every night since mid Aug, 4-5 drops each night and I still have enough for 2 months. I will keep on repurchasing this product and I definitely recommend it for others who want to better the overall appearance and health of their skin.

on 6/20/2015 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV. Freckles and PIH from hives.

I got a sample vial form a local aesthetic clinic. I know this is advertised as an exfoliator, but I use this as a hydrator and it does a real great job as one. It has gel consistency and it can leave your face sticky if you use too much. 3-4 drops is enough for my whole face, stretching it out a bit to the neck. It doesn't make my face oilier but my nose does get a bit more shiny, but it's normally like that. It really helps with the office environment as it gets dry. This is definitely more hydrating than Phyto Corrective Gel, so it doesn't dry matte like that one. The Retexturing Activator makes my skin looking healthy, glowy and well-hydrated. Despite of my nightly use of Retin-A 0.025% Cream/Olay Regenerish Night Elixir (8-10% glycolic acid), this product doesn't further irritate my skin or making my skin reacts adversely to ingredients that I have to be careful with.

I found my fussy skin doesn't react to this, since I got a SD flareup from the B5 Hydrating Gel, I was a bit skeptical. This doesn't irritate my skin or make me breakout or clog. It actually helps my skin to recuperate after irritation from aloe vera.

Too bad the price is outrageous. It's €70 for the 30ml bottle in Malta. Unfortunately, it's been tough to find a product that my skin tolerates, let alone likes. So if I can't find a cheaper substitute, I will definitely have to splurge for this.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pricey, but an extremely gentle exfoliate. Slow-acting; won't see immediate results...although perhaps after the first use. Doesn't leave my skin irritated and red as scrubs or glycolic exfoliants do.

I THINK I AM DEEPLY ALLERGIC TO THIS PRODUCT. BROKE OUT IN HIVES.
Be careful when purchasing. Get a dermatologist recommendation before you buy imo.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Love this but very pricy :(

on 7/20/2014 1:36:00 PM

I was excited to try this as when I started the Retinal 0.5 by Skinceuticals, my face was peeling a lot and thought this would help out with the exfoliation process. Big mistake!!! Maybe it is because my skin is older, but this serum made the skin on my cheeks, as well as the skin below my eyes wrinkle up like a prune. Seriously, the skin wrinkled up so badly, it looked like I'd aged 10 years in a matter of weeks. Thankfully, once I stopped using this product, my skin slowly returned to normal. I simply can't recommend this for more mature skin. In fact, if this serum dries up mature skin, imagine that over time, it would eventually do the same to younger skin. Will never use this product again.

on 6/16/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

holy grail. god sent. it really changes the texture of your skin. your face is left noticeably more soft, more delicate, it glows. it smells like nothing which i like, yet works effectively. only use at night, and i switch using this with the blemish+age defense serum at night

If you can use AHA, BHA, retinoids and strong peels and your skin is used to exfoliation, you´ll probably be dissappointed by this product.

If you have sensitive skin like I have, this might be a HG product for you.

My skin is oily to combo, dehydrated, sensitive, acne-prone with rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. Needless to say that harsh peelings or acids are a big no-no for my skin.

But my skin is very clog prone, my skin texture is uneven and my skin was generally dull and lifeless.

Exfoliation is a must for me, but I need the most gentle products for exfoliation.

My skin gets very upset when I use strong peels. I once tried Origins Modern Friction and it ruined my skin by leaving it irritated, angry, red, dry and sensitized.

It´s not easy to solve this dilemma with my skintype, but a sample of the Retexturing Acitvator convinced me, that there is a way to get exfoliation even for my weird skin.

I got the sample from a Skinceuticals SA who told me this would work on clog-prone skin. I threw the sample in my bathroom cabinet and forgot about it.

This year in April, my rosacea broke out and after 2 months of burning skin and a very bad flare, my skin was a mess. I could do no real skincare routine or extraction by an esthetician and was desperate as my skin looked bad.

I fond the sample one day, read the ingredients and dared to try it.

This was amazing. My hyper-sensitive rosacea skin loved this product and never go upset. The dullness and dehydration went away and my skin got visibly better.

I use it at night after I cleansed my face. I put 3 drops on damp skin, let it sink in and apply my moisturizer afterwards.

A word of warning here: The serum can be sticky on the skin, especially when you use too much of it. As I use it in nighttime this is no concern for me. I even love to slather it on when my skin needs some extra pampering and enjoy the thick sticky feeling as I know I wake up with plump skin.

The hydration you get from this serum is amazing. I own the Hydrating B5 serum too, but for nighttime, I prefer the Retexturing Activator as I wake up with deeply hydrated skin.

The Retexturing Activator helps removing the dead cells while at the same time delivering loads of moisture to the skin.The markting claim the company makes is true at least for my skin.

The effect for me is glowing skin with a nice surface and my skin just looks better. It´s hard to explain, but the skin looks moist and feels baby soft after using this.

For daytime, I prefer the Hydrating B5 serum in wintertime and the Phyto Corrective in summertime. The combo seems to work well for my finicky skin.

The first time I used it, I felt the hydration, but no amelioration in my skin texture. This came after a few weeks of use.

It takes some time to work as it is so gentle, so don´t expect overnight results. It would be a contradiction as strong products often show immediate results while more gentle products deliver long time results.

Now, don´t misunderstand me: My skin will always be clog-prone and breakout prone, but this serum helps my skin to look the best way possible. And my perpetually dehydrated skin looks plump and healthy with this serum.

This product is expensive. Period. No way to sugar-coat the ridiculously high price. But my exfoliation products (the other one is the Kanebo Silk Peel Powder) are the most expensive skincare items as my skin is so sensitive yet needs exfoliation.

I will definitely buy this again as it is one of my HG.

I recommend this to people with sensitive skin who cannot use strong peels or acids.

Great product! Makes face glow and makes makeup go on easier. Will buy again and again.