Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

4.1

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

on 3/26/2016 12:34:00 PM

My HG product. I always use this after getting out of the shower and before blow drying. A little goes a very long way- I just spray once on the left, once on the right, and once in the back. If you use too much it will get greasy, but with just the right amount it makes my hair feel perfect. Super super soft and lightweight. I definitely notice a difference when I'm on vacation and don't have it- my hair feels like straw without this product. The smell is a little off-putting for me but I look past that because it's such a great product.

the smell of this is so strong, it turns my stomach. it smells absolutely horrible. worst smelling product i have ever encountered, i had to throw it away

on 6/17/2013 7:57:00 PM

I think this is saving my hair. My hair has recently been very dry and damaged. I had used this before and really liked it but purchased another brand when I ran out. This is probably one of if not THE BEST heat protection spray I have every tried and I have tried a lot. It infuses the hair with a nice shine which most sprays don't seem to accomplish. While nothing is a miracle product, this product is excellent. I have thick, wavy Caucasian hair which I flat iron every day. My hair is not extremely long, but with this product, I think it will save me a few haircuts since my hair looks much healthier. My split ends are much more manageable. I don't consider it very heavy but it may be too much for someone with fine or thin hair. I will repurchase this when I run out.

on 8/6/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this at Sallys as a free gift with my renewal membership. I am so glad I chose this!

My hair is super fragile, very thin and very fine. I can't heat style my hair everyday because my hair gets damaged too easily.

I spray lightly RIGHT after I get out of the shower, right after I squeeze water out of my hair, I noticed that when my hair is really wet, products work better. Some products tend to stick to my hair when I apply products on my towel dried hair.

The smell is better than I thought, and I have actually grown to like it. At first it smells sort of chemically/nail polishy-but really its more like an Oceanic/Aquatic scent. I'm wondering if Redken Natures Rescue Sea Spray smells like this...very oceany...kind of like coolwater but not exactly.

Anyways, the results..my hair is really silky!! Like WAY soft and smooth, and it almost seems like the hotter your hair gets, the softer it gets, soo weird. I'm not sure about the longterm use of this, as I'm still hesitant to style my hair everyday. Anyways, I like this stuff! I'm keepin it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this product. It can be VERY greasy if you use too much(I found out the hard way) so i would recommend spraying it on your hand then running your hand through your hair. The smell is okay. You either love it or hate it. But i would definitely recommend buying this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the best heat protectant I've ever used! It gives good heat protections and the olive oil in it makes your hair silky and smooth. However it can make your hair greasy if you use too much or spray it on your scalp - I recommend only using it on the middle and ends of your hair. After straightening my hair, it's even more soft and super silky. It's often on sale at Sally's and I would repurchase!

on 12/28/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This heat protector not only protects my hair from heat, but it also moisturizes my scalp and my ends before I wrap my hair. It's really helpful, and I'll always come back to this heat protector no matter what :)

on 10/16/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Good stuff. Not overrated. Not too greasy either, esp. if you're applying it on wet hair, before blow-drying. It gives the hair a nice slip without any build up.

on 7/23/2011 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Product: This heat protectant is bomb! It doesn't have too strong of a smell and it makes your hair so shiny and silky. Sometimes when I'm not even going to use heat on my hair I use some cause it makes me hair so shiny :D

Packaging: The bottle is kinda tacky looking but the product is topnotch so I could care less.

Price: I bought this at Sally Beauty Supply and it was 6 bucks. Which definitely isn't pricy but I do think they could bring it down like 1 dollar considering all it really is, is silicone but whatever..its well worth the price.

Would I buy this again? Yes, yes, yes!! A million times yes!! haha I couldn't live without it!

Precaution: Do NOT use too much of this product or else it will leave your hair extremely greasy! Use sparingly!

on 3/26/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had seen this product many times at Sally's but none of the SAs ever talked about it. I saw the reviews here and decided to try it. To give you a little bit of background, my hair is thick and very rebellious. My hair is hard to style and usually does not do what you want it to do.... I have tried literally hundreds of products from drugstore brands to Kerastase for styling and heat protection. THIS IS THE BEST HAIR PRODUCT THAT I HAVE EVER TRIED. This product detangles, protects hair, and makes your hair like silk, no matter how stubborn your hair is. I use this and a curling iron and my hair never looked better even with higher end products. No frizz, no greasiness, no dryness, nothing but shine and healthy hair. This is truly magic in a bottle. The most important feature of this product is that it does not cause any hair fall out. Some of the good products for heat styling do that but this does not. I spray this after towel drying my hair and then blow dry my hair. For styling with curling iron, after my hair is completely dry, I rub some of this between my hands and then rub my hands to my hair, specially the ends. It takes only one attempt with a curling iron to make my hair look like ads in magazines. WOW!

Popular Styling Products