Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

4.6

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

on 9/10/2011 6:42:00 PM

This is the only heat protection spray I've tried so I can't compare to other products. My long, dry, damaged & color-treated hair responds very well to this product.

I spray it very LIGHTLY on the bottom half to 2/3 of my damp hair. I spray a little in my palms and then pat lightly through the rest of my hair. I work it through my hair and then comb. It immediately gives my hair amazing shine. I only dry and style my hair with the lowest setting of the dryer. This spray leaves my hair very manageable, shiny and soft. I can see and feel major improvement in my hair when I dry it after using this spray.

The trick with this product is to use it very lightly. At least with my hair, it takes very little to be effective. If I use too much, my hair looks oily. I have only tried it on dry hair once and it didn't work for me but I may have sprayed to much and not worked it through evenly. I don't know if it's the best heat protection spray on the market but I would repurchase because I like the results I get.

on 1/13/2011 9:39:00 PM

I bought this product because lately my hair been dry on the ends due to the season and styling often. It does what it says, makes your hair shine and feel like silk! I do like this product but It does have a pretty strong scent. I only spray it on the ends of my hair (while wet) because I think it would make my scalp too greasy looking if I sprayed all over. I have also sprayed lightly on my dry hair after blow drying for the extra silk effect and it's great! Will definitely continue using and will most likely buy again!

on 8/6/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this at Sallys as a free gift with my renewal membership. I am so glad I chose this!

My hair is super fragile, very thin and very fine. I can't heat style my hair everyday because my hair gets damaged too easily.

I spray lightly RIGHT after I get out of the shower, right after I squeeze water out of my hair, I noticed that when my hair is really wet, products work better. Some products tend to stick to my hair when I apply products on my towel dried hair.

The smell is better than I thought, and I have actually grown to like it. At first it smells sort of chemically/nail polishy-but really its more like an Oceanic/Aquatic scent. I'm wondering if Redken Natures Rescue Sea Spray smells like this...very oceany...kind of like coolwater but not exactly.

Anyways, the results..my hair is really silky!! Like WAY soft and smooth, and it almost seems like the hotter your hair gets, the softer it gets, soo weird. I'm not sure about the longterm use of this, as I'm still hesitant to style my hair everyday. Anyways, I like this stuff! I'm keepin it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the best heat protectant I've ever used! It gives good heat protections and the olive oil in it makes your hair silky and smooth. However it can make your hair greasy if you use too much or spray it on your scalp - I recommend only using it on the middle and ends of your hair. After straightening my hair, it's even more soft and super silky. It's often on sale at Sally's and I would repurchase!

on 6/17/2010 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

LOVE this stuff!!!! I bought it at Sally's on sale for $4.99 on a whim....Its amazing! My hair is all soft and silky, and it tamed my breakage! I definitely will be purchasing more when I run out! I didn't care for the smell, so I sprayed some Beyond The Zone on the top of my hair and ran the flat iron through again.

Popular Styling Products