Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

4.3

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stuff smells really good, but the scent doesn't linger, just incase you don't like scented products. As for the performance, it works okay. My hair was sizzling, which never happens unless its slighty damp (I use a Wet2Dry on 98-100% dry hair) and my hair wasn't even damp. My hair has also been the the best condition (well, I need a trim, but its been soft & even slightly silky); I've been loving my curls, and my hair was only "meh" with this product. My hair was straight, but not the smoothest (like, smooth in appearance, but slightly rough to the touch). I feel like this didn't stand up to what it claims it'd do, which is saddening 'cause I had high hopes for it. I'm going to try it to curl my hair (I've recently been wanting to curl it) 'cause I think it'd work better for that (it seems to have "holding" properties, so it'll probably hold the curls well, even when they fall).

Bottom line: This stuff is a little more than your drugstore products, but it won't break the bank to try, so give it a shot. I would personally spend $1-2 (or $3-4 less for Dove's Thermal Protection Mist) more to get John Frieda, BUT I think this is going to work really well for curls, whereas John Frieda doesn't seem like it will.

Ps, this gets all over the counter. The spray is SUPER fine & concentrated, but the con of that is that it gets everywhere. It's really light, so you might think you can use a lot of it, but it is slightly oily (when it was in my hair prior to straightening it felt like nothing was in my hair, but after going over with a flat iron, my hair looked normal, but felt slightly oily, which has never happened), so use sparingly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have really long hair. I find most heat protectors leave a residue in my hair. This wasn't the case with this product. I love how evenly it "mists" out of the bottle. The smell could be better, but if it works well, then who cares. I can't smell it on my hair anyways.. Would highly recommend this!

Love love love this!! I have fine thin hair so I needed some protection while straightening to help my hair. This is perfect! Makes my hair feel healthy and soft! I spray it on the bottom 2/3rds of my hair. I try very hard not to get any product about my ears or it will look a little greasy! Defiantly recommend and will repurchase

on 8/6/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this at Sallys as a free gift with my renewal membership. I am so glad I chose this!

My hair is super fragile, very thin and very fine. I can't heat style my hair everyday because my hair gets damaged too easily.

I spray lightly RIGHT after I get out of the shower, right after I squeeze water out of my hair, I noticed that when my hair is really wet, products work better. Some products tend to stick to my hair when I apply products on my towel dried hair.

The smell is better than I thought, and I have actually grown to like it. At first it smells sort of chemically/nail polishy-but really its more like an Oceanic/Aquatic scent. I'm wondering if Redken Natures Rescue Sea Spray smells like this...very oceany...kind of like coolwater but not exactly.

Anyways, the results..my hair is really silky!! Like WAY soft and smooth, and it almost seems like the hotter your hair gets, the softer it gets, soo weird. I'm not sure about the longterm use of this, as I'm still hesitant to style my hair everyday. Anyways, I like this stuff! I'm keepin it!

Popular Styling Products