Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

4.1

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

on 6/17/2013 7:57:00 PM

I think this is saving my hair. My hair has recently been very dry and damaged. I had used this before and really liked it but purchased another brand when I ran out. This is probably one of if not THE BEST heat protection spray I have every tried and I have tried a lot. It infuses the hair with a nice shine which most sprays don't seem to accomplish. While nothing is a miracle product, this product is excellent. I have thick, wavy Caucasian hair which I flat iron every day. My hair is not extremely long, but with this product, I think it will save me a few haircuts since my hair looks much healthier. My split ends are much more manageable. I don't consider it very heavy but it may be too much for someone with fine or thin hair. I will repurchase this when I run out.

on 12/28/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This heat protector not only protects my hair from heat, but it also moisturizes my scalp and my ends before I wrap my hair. It's really helpful, and I'll always come back to this heat protector no matter what :)

on 9/10/2011 6:42:00 PM

This is the only heat protection spray I've tried so I can't compare to other products. My long, dry, damaged & color-treated hair responds very well to this product.

I spray it very LIGHTLY on the bottom half to 2/3 of my damp hair. I spray a little in my palms and then pat lightly through the rest of my hair. I work it through my hair and then comb. It immediately gives my hair amazing shine. I only dry and style my hair with the lowest setting of the dryer. This spray leaves my hair very manageable, shiny and soft. I can see and feel major improvement in my hair when I dry it after using this spray.

The trick with this product is to use it very lightly. At least with my hair, it takes very little to be effective. If I use too much, my hair looks oily. I have only tried it on dry hair once and it didn't work for me but I may have sprayed to much and not worked it through evenly. I don't know if it's the best heat protection spray on the market but I would repurchase because I like the results I get.

on 1/13/2011 9:39:00 PM

I bought this product because lately my hair been dry on the ends due to the season and styling often. It does what it says, makes your hair shine and feel like silk! I do like this product but It does have a pretty strong scent. I only spray it on the ends of my hair (while wet) because I think it would make my scalp too greasy looking if I sprayed all over. I have also sprayed lightly on my dry hair after blow drying for the extra silk effect and it's great! Will definitely continue using and will most likely buy again!

on 1/12/2011 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using this stuff for a few years and I LOVE it!

The texture of my hair is very course and thick. I'm half Asian and AA, so I have length, but it's like I have WAY to much hair sometimes. I also relax my hair every 6 months. My grandmother turned me on to this stuff and she has thin, straight, short hair.

I use this stuff every single time I straighten my hair, and it makes it very smooth, straight, and shiny. Don't use too much though, because it can become greasy. It withstands humidity, and sometimes even moisture if you just comb your hair and put it in a tight bun after it gets wet. It turns out nice and curly and full of moisture. I keep my styles for about a week on average. the smell is great and I also use the shampoo and conditoner because of the heavenly smell. My boyfriend, who isn't fond of the "black people hair smells" always says that my hair smells nothing like black peoples hair (what a racist, LOL!). I haven't had a my hair trimmed in a year or two, so I have split ends, but it hasn't been that bad compared to before I used this stuff. I also like that I don't look/feel greasy afterwards.

The downside is that it can cause build up, but it's not that bad. I only wash my hair once a week, so it will do that. Also, when you spray the stuff, it kind of goes everywhere; I had shot some of this stuff in a me and friends eye before, no good. Great product for ethnic hair and maybe even for others!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This heat protectant spray is super oily, and tends to reduce the length of time my hair stays curled (from all the oily build-up). Fantasia's is a better product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

i love love love love love love (x20) this heat protectant.this is awesome.i never used a heat protectant before and i wanted something that everybody loved.i read the reviews on blogs,youtube vids and sallys and decided to buy it when it was on sale.n im so GLAD I DID!!!!!!!=)i dont wanna try nething else.but i have to somewhat of alot because when i used a little it didnt weight down my hair enough and it turned into a fizz ball so like 2 sprays juss didnt work.
my hair is a mix between 3b and 4a.and it makes my hair feel like i got a relaxer and i havent had one of those in 6 years.

i will never try anything else.

orginal review 6/10/10=5 lippies

UPDATE this is an ok product but i will not buy it again its wayyy to greasy and my hair puffs right back into afro after 2 hrs.

on 5/1/2010 11:13:00 PM

Awesome, works and smells great! Conditions the hair, use very sparingly! Naturally wave, slightly frizzy humidity prone hair.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

WOW. This stuff is seriously amazing. I didn't really have high hopes for it but it works great! I just sprayed this product on sections of my hair before I flat ironed and it made my hair super straight and soft. I was afraid that it would make my hair greasy due to it looking shiny when I sprayed it on, but after flat ironing my hair was very sleek, very straight, and not greasy. I went back to Sally's and bought another bottle!

Popular Styling Products