Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

3.7

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

the smell of this is so strong, it turns my stomach. it smells absolutely horrible. worst smelling product i have ever encountered, i had to throw it away

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff is pretty bad. I bought it at Sally's on sale for $2 after CHI heat protection spray failed me. It's good for nothing but shine spray. And go VERY easy with it, or you will end up with the nastiest, greasy mess you can imagine. I use it for a few days after I bleach my fine hair to give it a beautiful shine. No heat protection, the package looks and the product smells very old fashioned. I'm still on my first bottle, and will never repurchase. Cheap silecone and mineral oil. Don't think there is a trace of oilve oil in this. Avoid. Like the plague.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this product. It can be VERY greasy if you use too much(I found out the hard way) so i would recommend spraying it on your hand then running your hand through your hair. The smell is okay. You either love it or hate it. But i would definitely recommend buying this.

on 9/10/2011 6:42:00 PM

This is the only heat protection spray I've tried so I can't compare to other products. My long, dry, damaged & color-treated hair responds very well to this product.

I spray it very LIGHTLY on the bottom half to 2/3 of my damp hair. I spray a little in my palms and then pat lightly through the rest of my hair. I work it through my hair and then comb. It immediately gives my hair amazing shine. I only dry and style my hair with the lowest setting of the dryer. This spray leaves my hair very manageable, shiny and soft. I can see and feel major improvement in my hair when I dry it after using this spray.

The trick with this product is to use it very lightly. At least with my hair, it takes very little to be effective. If I use too much, my hair looks oily. I have only tried it on dry hair once and it didn't work for me but I may have sprayed to much and not worked it through evenly. I don't know if it's the best heat protection spray on the market but I would repurchase because I like the results I get.

Love love love this!! I have fine thin hair so I needed some protection while straightening to help my hair. This is perfect! Makes my hair feel healthy and soft! I spray it on the bottom 2/3rds of my hair. I try very hard not to get any product about my ears or it will look a little greasy! Defiantly recommend and will repurchase

on 7/14/2012 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product for at least a few years now and it's the only heat protectant spray I use. Like other people have said, it does tend to feel a bit oily if you use too much of it, but what I do is spray it lightly around my hair holding it at least a few inches away and then I brush through my hair. It makes my hair feel very soft and smooth, and I would recommend this product to anyone.

on 6/17/2010 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

LOVE this stuff!!!! I bought it at Sally's on sale for $4.99 on a whim....Its amazing! My hair is all soft and silky, and it tamed my breakage! I definitely will be purchasing more when I run out! I didn't care for the smell, so I sprayed some Beyond The Zone on the top of my hair and ran the flat iron through again.

Popular Styling Products