Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

1 review

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

on 10/26/2012 11:45:00 AM

Was looking for a spray heat protectant that I could use on dry hair, as I wash one day and flat iron the next day. (I've heard that hair is stronger and can better face flat ironing this way....could be true).

As others have said, this could be horribly oily if you use too much. And what you need is very very VERY little. Fortunately the sprayer delivers a fine mist, but it is still hard to cover your hair and not overuse. Even with minimal use (one puff per section, so about 8 for my whole head of thick, long hair) it felt oily before flat ironing. However that seemed to disappear after running the iron thru. It left my hair super-shiny and silky after ironing, in fact the way my hair looked (years ago) when I had my virgin hair flat-ironed. Shockingly soft and shiny in fact.

But I cannot emphasize enough: use as little as you can to cover your hair, and avoid roots. At the rate it gets used it will last forever. So yes, I would repurchase, but with the miniscule amount needed I doubt I will have to repurchase in years.

(For reference my hair is thick, below shoulder length, slightly wavy and slightly dry from hair color correction)