Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

4.2

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

the smell of this is so strong, it turns my stomach. it smells absolutely horrible. worst smelling product i have ever encountered, i had to throw it away

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is pretty bad. I bought it at Sally's on sale for $2 after CHI heat protection spray failed me. It's good for nothing but shine spray. And go VERY easy with it, or you will end up with the nastiest, greasy mess you can imagine. I use it for a few days after I bleach my fine hair to give it a beautiful shine. No heat protection, the package looks and the product smells very old fashioned. I'm still on my first bottle, and will never repurchase. Cheap silecone and mineral oil. Don't think there is a trace of oilve oil in this. Avoid. Like the plague.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This heat protectant spray is super oily, and tends to reduce the length of time my hair stays curled (from all the oily build-up). Fantasia's is a better product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

i love love love love love love (x20) this heat protectant.this is awesome.i never used a heat protectant before and i wanted something that everybody loved.i read the reviews on blogs,youtube vids and sallys and decided to buy it when it was on sale.n im so GLAD I DID!!!!!!!=)i dont wanna try nething else.but i have to somewhat of alot because when i used a little it didnt weight down my hair enough and it turned into a fizz ball so like 2 sprays juss didnt work.
my hair is a mix between 3b and 4a.and it makes my hair feel like i got a relaxer and i havent had one of those in 6 years.

i will never try anything else.

orginal review 6/10/10=5 lippies

UPDATE this is an ok product but i will not buy it again its wayyy to greasy and my hair puffs right back into afro after 2 hrs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stuff smells really good, but the scent doesn't linger, just incase you don't like scented products. As for the performance, it works okay. My hair was sizzling, which never happens unless its slighty damp (I use a Wet2Dry on 98-100% dry hair) and my hair wasn't even damp. My hair has also been the the best condition (well, I need a trim, but its been soft & even slightly silky); I've been loving my curls, and my hair was only "meh" with this product. My hair was straight, but not the smoothest (like, smooth in appearance, but slightly rough to the touch). I feel like this didn't stand up to what it claims it'd do, which is saddening 'cause I had high hopes for it. I'm going to try it to curl my hair (I've recently been wanting to curl it) 'cause I think it'd work better for that (it seems to have "holding" properties, so it'll probably hold the curls well, even when they fall).

Bottom line: This stuff is a little more than your drugstore products, but it won't break the bank to try, so give it a shot. I would personally spend $1-2 (or $3-4 less for Dove's Thermal Protection Mist) more to get John Frieda, BUT I think this is going to work really well for curls, whereas John Frieda doesn't seem like it will.

Ps, this gets all over the counter. The spray is SUPER fine & concentrated, but the con of that is that it gets everywhere. It's really light, so you might think you can use a lot of it, but it is slightly oily (when it was in my hair prior to straightening it felt like nothing was in my hair, but after going over with a flat iron, my hair looked normal, but felt slightly oily, which has never happened), so use sparingly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have really long hair. I find most heat protectors leave a residue in my hair. This wasn't the case with this product. I love how evenly it "mists" out of the bottle. The smell could be better, but if it works well, then who cares. I can't smell it on my hair anyways.. Would highly recommend this!

on 10/26/2012 11:45:00 AM

Was looking for a spray heat protectant that I could use on dry hair, as I wash one day and flat iron the next day. (I've heard that hair is stronger and can better face flat ironing this way....could be true).

As others have said, this could be horribly oily if you use too much. And what you need is very very VERY little. Fortunately the sprayer delivers a fine mist, but it is still hard to cover your hair and not overuse. Even with minimal use (one puff per section, so about 8 for my whole head of thick, long hair) it felt oily before flat ironing. However that seemed to disappear after running the iron thru. It left my hair super-shiny and silky after ironing, in fact the way my hair looked (years ago) when I had my virgin hair flat-ironed. Shockingly soft and shiny in fact.

But I cannot emphasize enough: use as little as you can to cover your hair, and avoid roots. At the rate it gets used it will last forever. So yes, I would repurchase, but with the miniscule amount needed I doubt I will have to repurchase in years.

(For reference my hair is thick, below shoulder length, slightly wavy and slightly dry from hair color correction)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this product. It can be VERY greasy if you use too much(I found out the hard way) so i would recommend spraying it on your hand then running your hand through your hair. The smell is okay. You either love it or hate it. But i would definitely recommend buying this.

on 9/10/2011 6:42:00 PM

This is the only heat protection spray I've tried so I can't compare to other products. My long, dry, damaged & color-treated hair responds very well to this product.

I spray it very LIGHTLY on the bottom half to 2/3 of my damp hair. I spray a little in my palms and then pat lightly through the rest of my hair. I work it through my hair and then comb. It immediately gives my hair amazing shine. I only dry and style my hair with the lowest setting of the dryer. This spray leaves my hair very manageable, shiny and soft. I can see and feel major improvement in my hair when I dry it after using this spray.

The trick with this product is to use it very lightly. At least with my hair, it takes very little to be effective. If I use too much, my hair looks oily. I have only tried it on dry hair once and it didn't work for me but I may have sprayed to much and not worked it through evenly. I don't know if it's the best heat protection spray on the market but I would repurchase because I like the results I get.

on 1/13/2011 9:39:00 PM

I bought this product because lately my hair been dry on the ends due to the season and styling often. It does what it says, makes your hair shine and feel like silk! I do like this product but It does have a pretty strong scent. I only spray it on the ends of my hair (while wet) because I think it would make my scalp too greasy looking if I sprayed all over. I have also sprayed lightly on my dry hair after blow drying for the extra silk effect and it's great! Will definitely continue using and will most likely buy again!

Popular Styling Products