Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

4.2

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

WOW. This stuff is seriously amazing. I didn't really have high hopes for it but it works great! I just sprayed this product on sections of my hair before I flat ironed and it made my hair super straight and soft. I was afraid that it would make my hair greasy due to it looking shiny when I sprayed it on, but after flat ironing my hair was very sleek, very straight, and not greasy. I went back to Sally's and bought another bottle!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stuff smells really good, but the scent doesn't linger, just incase you don't like scented products. As for the performance, it works okay. My hair was sizzling, which never happens unless its slighty damp (I use a Wet2Dry on 98-100% dry hair) and my hair wasn't even damp. My hair has also been the the best condition (well, I need a trim, but its been soft & even slightly silky); I've been loving my curls, and my hair was only "meh" with this product. My hair was straight, but not the smoothest (like, smooth in appearance, but slightly rough to the touch). I feel like this didn't stand up to what it claims it'd do, which is saddening 'cause I had high hopes for it. I'm going to try it to curl my hair (I've recently been wanting to curl it) 'cause I think it'd work better for that (it seems to have "holding" properties, so it'll probably hold the curls well, even when they fall).

Bottom line: This stuff is a little more than your drugstore products, but it won't break the bank to try, so give it a shot. I would personally spend $1-2 (or $3-4 less for Dove's Thermal Protection Mist) more to get John Frieda, BUT I think this is going to work really well for curls, whereas John Frieda doesn't seem like it will.

Ps, this gets all over the counter. The spray is SUPER fine & concentrated, but the con of that is that it gets everywhere. It's really light, so you might think you can use a lot of it, but it is slightly oily (when it was in my hair prior to straightening it felt like nothing was in my hair, but after going over with a flat iron, my hair looked normal, but felt slightly oily, which has never happened), so use sparingly.

on 5/1/2010 11:13:00 PM

Awesome, works and smells great! Conditions the hair, use very sparingly! Naturally wave, slightly frizzy humidity prone hair.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

i love love love love love love (x20) this heat protectant.this is awesome.i never used a heat protectant before and i wanted something that everybody loved.i read the reviews on blogs,youtube vids and sallys and decided to buy it when it was on sale.n im so GLAD I DID!!!!!!!=)i dont wanna try nething else.but i have to somewhat of alot because when i used a little it didnt weight down my hair enough and it turned into a fizz ball so like 2 sprays juss didnt work.
my hair is a mix between 3b and 4a.and it makes my hair feel like i got a relaxer and i havent had one of those in 6 years.

i will never try anything else.

orginal review 6/10/10=5 lippies

UPDATE this is an ok product but i will not buy it again its wayyy to greasy and my hair puffs right back into afro after 2 hrs.

on 6/17/2010 5:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

LOVE this stuff!!!! I bought it at Sally's on sale for $4.99 on a whim....Its amazing! My hair is all soft and silky, and it tamed my breakage! I definitely will be purchasing more when I run out! I didn't care for the smell, so I sprayed some Beyond The Zone on the top of my hair and ran the flat iron through again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This heat protectant spray is super oily, and tends to reduce the length of time my hair stays curled (from all the oily build-up). Fantasia's is a better product.

on 1/12/2011 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using this stuff for a few years and I LOVE it!

The texture of my hair is very course and thick. I'm half Asian and AA, so I have length, but it's like I have WAY to much hair sometimes. I also relax my hair every 6 months. My grandmother turned me on to this stuff and she has thin, straight, short hair.

I use this stuff every single time I straighten my hair, and it makes it very smooth, straight, and shiny. Don't use too much though, because it can become greasy. It withstands humidity, and sometimes even moisture if you just comb your hair and put it in a tight bun after it gets wet. It turns out nice and curly and full of moisture. I keep my styles for about a week on average. the smell is great and I also use the shampoo and conditoner because of the heavenly smell. My boyfriend, who isn't fond of the "black people hair smells" always says that my hair smells nothing like black peoples hair (what a racist, LOL!). I haven't had a my hair trimmed in a year or two, so I have split ends, but it hasn't been that bad compared to before I used this stuff. I also like that I don't look/feel greasy afterwards.

The downside is that it can cause build up, but it's not that bad. I only wash my hair once a week, so it will do that. Also, when you spray the stuff, it kind of goes everywhere; I had shot some of this stuff in a me and friends eye before, no good. Great product for ethnic hair and maybe even for others!

on 1/13/2011 9:39:00 PM

I bought this product because lately my hair been dry on the ends due to the season and styling often. It does what it says, makes your hair shine and feel like silk! I do like this product but It does have a pretty strong scent. I only spray it on the ends of my hair (while wet) because I think it would make my scalp too greasy looking if I sprayed all over. I have also sprayed lightly on my dry hair after blow drying for the extra silk effect and it's great! Will definitely continue using and will most likely buy again!

on 3/26/2011 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had seen this product many times at Sally's but none of the SAs ever talked about it. I saw the reviews here and decided to try it. To give you a little bit of background, my hair is thick and very rebellious. My hair is hard to style and usually does not do what you want it to do.... I have tried literally hundreds of products from drugstore brands to Kerastase for styling and heat protection. THIS IS THE BEST HAIR PRODUCT THAT I HAVE EVER TRIED. This product detangles, protects hair, and makes your hair like silk, no matter how stubborn your hair is. I use this and a curling iron and my hair never looked better even with higher end products. No frizz, no greasiness, no dryness, nothing but shine and healthy hair. This is truly magic in a bottle. The most important feature of this product is that it does not cause any hair fall out. Some of the good products for heat styling do that but this does not. I spray this after towel drying my hair and then blow dry my hair. For styling with curling iron, after my hair is completely dry, I rub some of this between my hands and then rub my hands to my hair, specially the ends. It takes only one attempt with a curling iron to make my hair look like ads in magazines. WOW!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am absolutely in love with this! I have very dry relaxed hair and this is the first time that I have used an heat protector spray. I love how this makes my hair look and feel. After using this my hair looks shiny,bouncy, and especially healthy.
:D