Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Filtered by age: 44-55
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

4.3

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

on 6/17/2013 7:57:00 PM

I think this is saving my hair. My hair has recently been very dry and damaged. I had used this before and really liked it but purchased another brand when I ran out. This is probably one of if not THE BEST heat protection spray I have every tried and I have tried a lot. It infuses the hair with a nice shine which most sprays don't seem to accomplish. While nothing is a miracle product, this product is excellent. I have thick, wavy Caucasian hair which I flat iron every day. My hair is not extremely long, but with this product, I think it will save me a few haircuts since my hair looks much healthier. My split ends are much more manageable. I don't consider it very heavy but it may be too much for someone with fine or thin hair. I will repurchase this when I run out.

on 10/26/2012 11:45:00 AM

Was looking for a spray heat protectant that I could use on dry hair, as I wash one day and flat iron the next day. (I've heard that hair is stronger and can better face flat ironing this way....could be true).

As others have said, this could be horribly oily if you use too much. And what you need is very very VERY little. Fortunately the sprayer delivers a fine mist, but it is still hard to cover your hair and not overuse. Even with minimal use (one puff per section, so about 8 for my whole head of thick, long hair) it felt oily before flat ironing. However that seemed to disappear after running the iron thru. It left my hair super-shiny and silky after ironing, in fact the way my hair looked (years ago) when I had my virgin hair flat-ironed. Shockingly soft and shiny in fact.

But I cannot emphasize enough: use as little as you can to cover your hair, and avoid roots. At the rate it gets used it will last forever. So yes, I would repurchase, but with the miniscule amount needed I doubt I will have to repurchase in years.

(For reference my hair is thick, below shoulder length, slightly wavy and slightly dry from hair color correction)

on 9/10/2011 6:42:00 PM

This is the only heat protection spray I've tried so I can't compare to other products. My long, dry, damaged & color-treated hair responds very well to this product.

I spray it very LIGHTLY on the bottom half to 2/3 of my damp hair. I spray a little in my palms and then pat lightly through the rest of my hair. I work it through my hair and then comb. It immediately gives my hair amazing shine. I only dry and style my hair with the lowest setting of the dryer. This spray leaves my hair very manageable, shiny and soft. I can see and feel major improvement in my hair when I dry it after using this spray.

The trick with this product is to use it very lightly. At least with my hair, it takes very little to be effective. If I use too much, my hair looks oily. I have only tried it on dry hair once and it didn't work for me but I may have sprayed to much and not worked it through evenly. I don't know if it's the best heat protection spray on the market but I would repurchase because I like the results I get.

Popular Styling Products