Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

Filtered by age: 19-24
Silk Elements Megasilk Olive Heat Protection Spray

4.1

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE ,DIISOPROPYL ADIPATE ,DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ,ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK ,TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL ,FRAGRANCE ,ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

on 3/26/2016 12:34:00 PM

My HG product. I always use this after getting out of the shower and before blow drying. A little goes a very long way- I just spray once on the left, once on the right, and once in the back. If you use too much it will get greasy, but with just the right amount it makes my hair feel perfect. Super super soft and lightweight. I definitely notice a difference when I'm on vacation and don't have it- my hair feels like straw without this product. The smell is a little off-putting for me but I look past that because it's such a great product.

the smell of this is so strong, it turns my stomach. it smells absolutely horrible. worst smelling product i have ever encountered, i had to throw it away

on 7/14/2012 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product for at least a few years now and it's the only heat protectant spray I use. Like other people have said, it does tend to feel a bit oily if you use too much of it, but what I do is spray it lightly around my hair holding it at least a few inches away and then I brush through my hair. It makes my hair feel very soft and smooth, and I would recommend this product to anyone.

on 12/28/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This heat protector not only protects my hair from heat, but it also moisturizes my scalp and my ends before I wrap my hair. It's really helpful, and I'll always come back to this heat protector no matter what :)

on 7/23/2011 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Product: This heat protectant is bomb! It doesn't have too strong of a smell and it makes your hair so shiny and silky. Sometimes when I'm not even going to use heat on my hair I use some cause it makes me hair so shiny :D

Packaging: The bottle is kinda tacky looking but the product is topnotch so I could care less.

Price: I bought this at Sally Beauty Supply and it was 6 bucks. Which definitely isn't pricy but I do think they could bring it down like 1 dollar considering all it really is, is silicone but whatever..its well worth the price.

Would I buy this again? Yes, yes, yes!! A million times yes!! haha I couldn't live without it!

Precaution: Do NOT use too much of this product or else it will leave your hair extremely greasy! Use sparingly!

on 1/12/2011 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using this stuff for a few years and I LOVE it!

The texture of my hair is very course and thick. I'm half Asian and AA, so I have length, but it's like I have WAY to much hair sometimes. I also relax my hair every 6 months. My grandmother turned me on to this stuff and she has thin, straight, short hair.

I use this stuff every single time I straighten my hair, and it makes it very smooth, straight, and shiny. Don't use too much though, because it can become greasy. It withstands humidity, and sometimes even moisture if you just comb your hair and put it in a tight bun after it gets wet. It turns out nice and curly and full of moisture. I keep my styles for about a week on average. the smell is great and I also use the shampoo and conditoner because of the heavenly smell. My boyfriend, who isn't fond of the "black people hair smells" always says that my hair smells nothing like black peoples hair (what a racist, LOL!). I haven't had a my hair trimmed in a year or two, so I have split ends, but it hasn't been that bad compared to before I used this stuff. I also like that I don't look/feel greasy afterwards.

The downside is that it can cause build up, but it's not that bad. I only wash my hair once a week, so it will do that. Also, when you spray the stuff, it kind of goes everywhere; I had shot some of this stuff in a me and friends eye before, no good. Great product for ethnic hair and maybe even for others!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This stuff smells really good, but the scent doesn't linger, just incase you don't like scented products. As for the performance, it works okay. My hair was sizzling, which never happens unless its slighty damp (I use a Wet2Dry on 98-100% dry hair) and my hair wasn't even damp. My hair has also been the the best condition (well, I need a trim, but its been soft & even slightly silky); I've been loving my curls, and my hair was only "meh" with this product. My hair was straight, but not the smoothest (like, smooth in appearance, but slightly rough to the touch). I feel like this didn't stand up to what it claims it'd do, which is saddening 'cause I had high hopes for it. I'm going to try it to curl my hair (I've recently been wanting to curl it) 'cause I think it'd work better for that (it seems to have "holding" properties, so it'll probably hold the curls well, even when they fall).

Bottom line: This stuff is a little more than your drugstore products, but it won't break the bank to try, so give it a shot. I would personally spend $1-2 (or $3-4 less for Dove's Thermal Protection Mist) more to get John Frieda, BUT I think this is going to work really well for curls, whereas John Frieda doesn't seem like it will.

Ps, this gets all over the counter. The spray is SUPER fine & concentrated, but the con of that is that it gets everywhere. It's really light, so you might think you can use a lot of it, but it is slightly oily (when it was in my hair prior to straightening it felt like nothing was in my hair, but after going over with a flat iron, my hair looked normal, but felt slightly oily, which has never happened), so use sparingly.

Popular Styling Products