LUSH Coco Lotion

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
LUSH Coco Lotion

3.9

on 11/2/2013 9:13:00 AM

I love this lotion! Sensitive skin and this lotion mix wonderfully. The scent is natural and light, doesn't linger once applied. It's really moisturizing, especially used in conjunction with one of the Lush shower gels or bars. It's not greasy, leaves skin silky and smooth. I have hated every lotion I've ever tried, and will most likely only ever buy this one. Because it doesn't have other ingredients in it to give it a scent or other 'effect,' it is cheaper than other Lush lotions. Also, a little goes a long way.

on 5/16/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This lotion is wonderful. I have pretty dry skin so I have been searching for a very hydrating lotion that doesn't leave a sticky residue or feel like it's coating your skin. I am also pretty particular about scents. I tend to be a Bath and Body Works triple moisture lotion kind of gal, but decided to seek a new product. I tried the Aveeno lotion, but it didn't really work for me. So I stopped by Lush at my local mall and found a new love. I had an incredibly nice sales associate talk with me about my skin and then test stuff on me and explain what it was made of. The coco lotion is very hydrating and does not leave you feeling sticky or covered in something. It has helped make my skin very smooth and leaves a very faint coconut smell. (There is no added scent). The formula seems thick at first, but once you rub it in, it vanishes! I do like the little pot it comes in, but it would make it difficult if I wanted to travel with it. Overall, great product!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I tested this body lotion blind-folded (well, not literally, but I didn't know what was in the jar I received :-))

The coco lotion seems to have oil in it which makes it super fun to apply. It rubs in like a dream and gets absorbed quickly. It doesn't feel sticky at all and it leaves my skin feeling super soft, even after 24 hours.

Don't expect this lotion to smell anything like coconut, though. The fragrance is barely there. Which could be a pro ffor those who don't like their skin products to have a strong scent, or a con for those who like products that are more noticeably scented (like me :-))

I got this as a sample, but I wouldn't buy it when its done. Its pretty moisturizing without being greasy. However, it doesn't smell like anything. I find if I'm spending more money on a product, especially buying things from Lush, then it should at the very least have a scent or smell good in addition to performing well. Its the unique perfume inside Lush products that make them worth buying and different. Since Coco Lotion doesn't smell, I might as well be buying an unscented lotion at the drugstore for half or even a quarter of the price.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This product is very moisturizing and does make my skin feel soft. It is a tad bit greasy when I first but it on, but then it dries quickly and my hands are soft! The smell doesn't bother me at all. It's a typical lush smell, natural lotiony smell. I probably won't purchase again, only because I love the Dream Cream way better. I do like the packaging, the little buckets are cool because I can see how much I have left and I just dunk my hands in and go. Perfect!

on 4/5/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Pros: subtle smell, nice texture, good ingredients.
Cons: greasy, expensive, LUSH has plain ugly packaging in general in my opinion.
I don't use this as a body lotion because I find it too greasy and expensive but it does a nice job as a night time hand and foot cream. I don't go to bed with a nauseating smell and my cuticles and soles of my feet have stayed baby soft and hydrated. I enjoy the feeling of it and I sniff it every time I open it because I find the nice subtle natural smell soothing at bedtime. I will repurchase for a night table staple item!

I am normally anti-Lush. I think their products are over priced and most of their stuff smells weird. However, this little jar of heaven changed my mind! I recently bought a jar of this directly from LUSH online, and I really, really like this lotion! It's very rich and creamy, and leaves my skin satiny soft. It does take a few minutes to absorb, but I can live with that. This lotion has also done wonders for my dry, red, scaly elbows...I've noticed that the redness has almost disappeared! I really like this product! The one thing I would change is the jar - this really should be in a bottle!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm in love with this lotion.
It has everything I look for in a body moisturiser: light scent, light consistency and not too terrible ingredients, and the results are smooth silky skin.
I love how unscented this is - it obviously smells of something but it's really light and I can't quite identify it - I can use it with or without other fragrances and it doesn't give me headaches. I also love how the skin absorbs it well but you can still feel the moisture many hours later. Probably not the HG for the driest skin but it does a wonderful job for me.
The downsides are the price - a tad expensive and I don't know if I can make it last very long, though I try to - and the packaging: my lid has some defects in the plastic and when I got the lotion from ordering online a little bit of it was spilt. Not the best package for body lotion, I'm terrified it's going to fall in the floor and I'll lose everything.
But heavens, I love it.

on 10/15/2010 2:56:00 AM

FACE moisturizer

Ok guys, i got this because i wanted a light lotion for the summer time. well one day when i was overseas, the moisturizer i had was making my skin crazy so i just started applying this. well ommggg, now i use it for my face all the time. it is the only moisturizer i found that DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT. i have sensitive, combo to normal skin and rarely get spots only the occasional one here and there... and almost every moisturizer i tried did something wrong to my face except this. coco butter tends to break some folks out and i am one of them, this is the only body lotion that lush has that doesn't contain cocobutter... seriously, try it for your face.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Overall this is just an average lightweight lotion. Nothing super special about this but I guess this would be a nice moisterizer in the hotter, sticky, summer months. I don't understand why this is priced @ close to $20.00 for a tub of 8.9 oz. Kinda pricey in my opinion! You could do better getting a cheap dollar store lotion for the same amout. I could barely smell the scent to this either. If you are looking for serious moisturizing stick to any of the LUSH's solid "Massage Bars" they last all day.