LUSH Coco Lotion

4.1

on 12/27/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore this lotion! It has a lovely creamy almost whipped texture, but melts into my skin. I get terrible dry patches in winter, but in just a few days use this is clearing them up and leaves my skin looking amazing. I love the tub, and the only downfall is while it claims to be lightly scented, I don't smell a thing. This actually works on for me since I don't have to worry about scents clashing. Will definitely repurchase for winter-time use.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I tested this body lotion blind-folded (well, not literally, but I didn't know what was in the jar I received :-))

The coco lotion seems to have oil in it which makes it super fun to apply. It rubs in like a dream and gets absorbed quickly. It doesn't feel sticky at all and it leaves my skin feeling super soft, even after 24 hours.

Don't expect this lotion to smell anything like coconut, though. The fragrance is barely there. Which could be a pro ffor those who don't like their skin products to have a strong scent, or a con for those who like products that are more noticeably scented (like me :-))

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm in love with this lotion.
It has everything I look for in a body moisturiser: light scent, light consistency and not too terrible ingredients, and the results are smooth silky skin.
I love how unscented this is - it obviously smells of something but it's really light and I can't quite identify it - I can use it with or without other fragrances and it doesn't give me headaches. I also love how the skin absorbs it well but you can still feel the moisture many hours later. Probably not the HG for the driest skin but it does a wonderful job for me.
The downsides are the price - a tad expensive and I don't know if I can make it last very long, though I try to - and the packaging: my lid has some defects in the plastic and when I got the lotion from ordering online a little bit of it was spilt. Not the best package for body lotion, I'm terrified it's going to fall in the floor and I'll lose everything.
But heavens, I love it.

on 8/24/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Reading these reviews, I'm kind of surprised at the comments on the smell: this lotion has NO ADDED PERFUME. It smells like the ingredients, and nothing more. It's called Coco Lotion after cocoa butter, not coconuts or cocoa like chocolate. I work for Lush, and this is one of three unscented products in the entire store.

Now, the review: This is, in my opinion, one of the best lotions Lush makes. It sinks in really nicely, and has the perfect balance between moisturizing and not leaving an oily film on the skin. It's pretty lightweight, but definitely does the job. It won't interact badly with your perfume either, because obviously, it has no scent. I love the feel of it, and it's also really soothing for irritated skin, like just after shaving. Definitely recommend.

on 3/11/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoyed this product. I just finished my first tub over a 2 month period, here are my thoughts:

PROS: (1) scent free. I am confused by some of the reviews, perhaps it was my batch, but there was no actual scent. I could layer my perfume/body mist on time without any problems. (2) absorbs quickly does not leave moisturizing coating over skin. (3) soothing after shaving. Many lotions make my skin sting or become bumpy when I apply after shaving. This one left them soft and smooth. (4) the enzymes in this definitely smoothed out the texture of my skin, but more then anything i think this moisturizer penetrates deeper instead of simply coating the skin.

CONS: none

Lovely perfume by Lush. I like that they came out with a light moisturizer with virtually no scent. I expected it to smell like a tropical drink from a souther island by the ocean with palm trees. I was pleased that there was no scent. I actually mixed it with my Karma Kream to subdue the scent of Karma and make it more moisturizing which proved to be a winning combination for me. Also, this lotion is a great alternative to the overly sugar vanilla scent of Vanillary. I definitely recommend to anyone who wants to use a more basic moisturizer, will repurchase again.
Happy Shopping!

on 2/1/2010 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Decided to try this after sampling at the Lush boutique. The SA gave me a very nice hand massage/treatment which left my hands feelling really moist. This cream did not live up to my expectations and I don't think that I will try anymore Lush products.

on 1/16/2010 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This lotion feels so smooth on your skin leaving it so soft and silky! I would have wanted a stronger scent though.. I'm giving only 3 lippies because you can find an equally good "non scented" lotion in the drugstore for half the price...

on 1/1/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got a sample of this. It's a very moisturizing lotion and it has no added perfume which is amazing! My dad uses this because he has dry hands and he says it's really good. Recommend it!

on 11/7/2009 4:56:00 PM

Move over Dream Cream, Coco Lotion is here to stay! I am absolutely LOVING this cream! It sinks right in to the skin at leaves it feeling very soft. My favorite part about this is the lovely smell it has, very nice, subtle coconut smell. Also, this lotion doesn't leave the oily residue that the dream cream leaves behind. I agree that for those days when your skin is very dry, I think the dream cream would do a better job at soothing and hydrating he skin. Will repurchase this for sure!