LUSH Coco Lotion

4.3

on 12/27/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore this lotion! It has a lovely creamy almost whipped texture, but melts into my skin. I get terrible dry patches in winter, but in just a few days use this is clearing them up and leaves my skin looking amazing. I love the tub, and the only downfall is while it claims to be lightly scented, I don't smell a thing. This actually works on for me since I don't have to worry about scents clashing. Will definitely repurchase for winter-time use.

on 9/13/2012 1:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ok I think I used this enough to be able to review. I am a type of person that MUST put on lotion after every shower or else I will become severely dry and itchy. You would think I have dry skin but I'm actually oily, I know I blame it on my weird family genes. Any who the cream itself its somewhat greasy and feels like its doing something, but in reality its only doing the bare minimum. Its a light mositurizer but after a while it feels like you didn't put anything at all. I notice after putting some on at night before going to bed I feel itchy in certain places I know I slathered the lotion and they still feel itchy as if I didn't put any on at all. I feel Lush in general is either hit or miss and does not last as long as they claims it does. This product is definately a miss especially since its $20 a tub. Honestly I'm all for natural items but for something that's "natural" the price is a ripe off. The container that it comes in even sucks, if its a lotion it should be in a bottle not in a tub where I can touch and contaminate the remaining product. Sorry Lush but this is a fail for $20.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm in love with this lotion.
It has everything I look for in a body moisturiser: light scent, light consistency and not too terrible ingredients, and the results are smooth silky skin.
I love how unscented this is - it obviously smells of something but it's really light and I can't quite identify it - I can use it with or without other fragrances and it doesn't give me headaches. I also love how the skin absorbs it well but you can still feel the moisture many hours later. Probably not the HG for the driest skin but it does a wonderful job for me.
The downsides are the price - a tad expensive and I don't know if I can make it last very long, though I try to - and the packaging: my lid has some defects in the plastic and when I got the lotion from ordering online a little bit of it was spilt. Not the best package for body lotion, I'm terrified it's going to fall in the floor and I'll lose everything.
But heavens, I love it.

on 10/15/2010 2:56:00 AM

FACE moisturizer

Ok guys, i got this because i wanted a light lotion for the summer time. well one day when i was overseas, the moisturizer i had was making my skin crazy so i just started applying this. well ommggg, now i use it for my face all the time. it is the only moisturizer i found that DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT. i have sensitive, combo to normal skin and rarely get spots only the occasional one here and there... and almost every moisturizer i tried did something wrong to my face except this. coco butter tends to break some folks out and i am one of them, this is the only body lotion that lush has that doesn't contain cocobutter... seriously, try it for your face.

on 8/6/2010 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because it is more non scented compared to other LUSH lotions. This does moisturize my skin really nicely.
I want to try other lotions but some are so scented I wouldn't be able to wear my perfumes with them.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this lotion however it is no miracle (which Iwasn't looking for anyway). It is a great every day lotion to layer on after a shower. It is realy moisturising and gentle on the skin. I would like it to smell a little more of coconut but I'm glad they havn't added any un naturall scent to it.

on 3/11/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoyed this product. I just finished my first tub over a 2 month period, here are my thoughts:

PROS: (1) scent free. I am confused by some of the reviews, perhaps it was my batch, but there was no actual scent. I could layer my perfume/body mist on time without any problems. (2) absorbs quickly does not leave moisturizing coating over skin. (3) soothing after shaving. Many lotions make my skin sting or become bumpy when I apply after shaving. This one left them soft and smooth. (4) the enzymes in this definitely smoothed out the texture of my skin, but more then anything i think this moisturizer penetrates deeper instead of simply coating the skin.

CONS: none

Lovely perfume by Lush. I like that they came out with a light moisturizer with virtually no scent. I expected it to smell like a tropical drink from a souther island by the ocean with palm trees. I was pleased that there was no scent. I actually mixed it with my Karma Kream to subdue the scent of Karma and make it more moisturizing which proved to be a winning combination for me. Also, this lotion is a great alternative to the overly sugar vanilla scent of Vanillary. I definitely recommend to anyone who wants to use a more basic moisturizer, will repurchase again.
Happy Shopping!

on 11/15/2009 5:03:00 PM

I tried this lotion in the LUSH store after the sales associate urged me to sample it. It is absolutely HEAVENLY... it sunk into my skin completely and didn't feel greasy at all. My hands felt so soft afterward and I couldn't stop smelling them. I think this is now my HG hand lotion!

on 11/10/2009 12:03:00 PM

I love this lotion! It melts into my skin leaving no greasy feeling. My skin feels like silk after using this for a week. I find it very soothing to my sensitive skin. It doesn't have much of a fragrance, which is great since so many of my other products are scented. Highly recommend!! A definite repurchase!

on 11/7/2009 4:56:00 PM

Move over Dream Cream, Coco Lotion is here to stay! I am absolutely LOVING this cream! It sinks right in to the skin at leaves it feeling very soft. My favorite part about this is the lovely smell it has, very nice, subtle coconut smell. Also, this lotion doesn't leave the oily residue that the dream cream leaves behind. I agree that for those days when your skin is very dry, I think the dream cream would do a better job at soothing and hydrating he skin. Will repurchase this for sure!

Popular Lotions / Creams