LUSH Coco Lotion

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
LUSH Coco Lotion

3.5

on 11/2/2013 9:13:00 AM

I love this lotion! Sensitive skin and this lotion mix wonderfully. The scent is natural and light, doesn't linger once applied. It's really moisturizing, especially used in conjunction with one of the Lush shower gels or bars. It's not greasy, leaves skin silky and smooth. I have hated every lotion I've ever tried, and will most likely only ever buy this one. Because it doesn't have other ingredients in it to give it a scent or other 'effect,' it is cheaper than other Lush lotions. Also, a little goes a long way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hated this... It's nice only in the fact that it didn't irritate my skin... It also wasnt very moisturizing. Would not rebuy.

I like the way the cream sinks in and it moisturizes well. Between this one, Dream Cream, and Sympathy for the Skin, Coco sinks in the fastest and suits my skin best so far. It's one of the few moisturizers that actually last more than one day on my skin. It didn't immediately sting my skin in places where I had scratched too hard on my winter-dry skin like others I have tried. I wish it came in a bottle or tube. I don't like putting my fingers in a pot, but decanting a little at a time in a smaller container helps with that. The smell is a very nice light, almost unscented type of scent. I like the scent more than Dream Cream's overpowering scent. I like that the light scent won't clash with a perfume. It is quite pricey though. It's lovely, but I will keep looking for another moisturizer that is as nice but cheaper.

on 6/5/2011 1:30:00 PM

Note: I used to have a tub or two of Dream Cream on me at any time. I thought it was the best lotion EVER, until I found Coco Lotion.
I use this on my face every day and night. I have very dry flaky skin in the winter, and I get a little moist in the face in the summer, but this lotion takes care of it all. It's great under makeup if you're going for the dewy look, and never breaks me out!
It may seem expensive ($20 for a tub), but considering that one tub lasted me seven months, it's well worth it to me. Otherwise, I'd have to spend at least $10 monthly for a new tube of drugstore moisturizer. I just purchased my second tub, and am committed to a long-term relationship with it.

on 8/24/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Reading these reviews, I'm kind of surprised at the comments on the smell: this lotion has NO ADDED PERFUME. It smells like the ingredients, and nothing more. It's called Coco Lotion after cocoa butter, not coconuts or cocoa like chocolate. I work for Lush, and this is one of three unscented products in the entire store.

Now, the review: This is, in my opinion, one of the best lotions Lush makes. It sinks in really nicely, and has the perfect balance between moisturizing and not leaving an oily film on the skin. It's pretty lightweight, but definitely does the job. It won't interact badly with your perfume either, because obviously, it has no scent. I love the feel of it, and it's also really soothing for irritated skin, like just after shaving. Definitely recommend.

on 2/2/2010 7:42:00 AM

I'm really disapointed with this lotion, although I am a huge Lush fan this just hasn't delivered for me.

On the positive side I think the scent is very mild and inoffensive, in fact I was able to use this as I would an unscented lotion and apply whatever fragrance I wanted afterwards or before.
It is smooth, it absorbs into the skin fairly well and it does not leave any sticky or oily residue on you/your clothing/your sheets.

The problem that I have with this is it just does not moisturise, it doesn't even seem to keep the moisture that I had in my skin. Bearing in mind I have tested this over a 4 week+ period during January I was expecting my skin to feel pretty dry, but I found myself having to top up and remoisturise in the evening before bed aswell (I shower and moisturise midday).
THis didn't break me out, but it did make my skin feel itchy and uncomfortable and it wasn't until I bought another body butter and started to use it as it smelled so good that I realised how badly Coco lotion was performing. Don't bother with this, Dream Cream is one of my all time favourite products, there are far better and cheaper light lotions if you want to wear something that doesn't smell or moisturise.

on 2/1/2010 11:13:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Decided to try this after sampling at the Lush boutique. The SA gave me a very nice hand massage/treatment which left my hands feelling really moist. This cream did not live up to my expectations and I don't think that I will try anymore Lush products.

on 1/30/2010 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, I'm honestly supprised this got such a good rating. Usually I love lush, but this product did not agree with me at all! I received a free tester, and the quality and moisturising power of the cream was pretty good, but I absolutely hated the smell! It was rosemary and mandarin or something... the rosemary was faaar too strong and bitter smelling. Coconuts are goregeous smelling, why couldn't they just leave it at that? or add something pleasant like some kind of fruit or flower smell instead of a strong herb? A rare fail on Scent for LUSH IMO. I definitely won't repurchase, but don't let this review put you off buying it, just PLEASE don't buy it without smelling it!

on 1/16/2010 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This lotion feels so smooth on your skin leaving it so soft and silky! I would have wanted a stronger scent though.. I'm giving only 3 lippies because you can find an equally good "non scented" lotion in the drugstore for half the price...

on 9/12/2009 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Ok..I can`t believe there aren`t any reviews on this yet! This is the BEST body lotion LUSH has and the best body lotion I ever used and I`ve tried a lot. In fact I gave up on lotions a year ago since none really did anything and I always was too lazy to use them after bathing or showering, if I felt dry I just used some oil on wet skin still in the shower and dried as usual. I have used Symphaty for the skin and Dreamy Creamy by LUSH which I both loved because they smelled great and made my skin soft but never repurchased. This one makes my skin as soft as I never thought would be possible! Don`t ask me how it does it but it smoothes away any dry patches and little bumps anywhere on my body. If you expect this to smell like coconut, it does not. It just smells like a clean smelling lotion and I`m glad because this way it doesn`t interfere with my parfumes. The texture is a little more fluent than Sympathy for the skin and Dreamy Creamy but sinks in faster AND is more moisturizing. I have thick black hair on my legs (I know...very pretty...) and I always have red bumps and I even sometimes bleed after shaving. Not if I use this lotion afterwards. I am hooked and I recommend this to anyone looking for a really moisturizing and healing lotion. Love it and will repurchase again and again. Great great stuff!!! :-)