LUSH Coco Lotion

LUSH Coco Lotion

3.8

on 10/15/2010 2:56:00 AM

FACE moisturizer

Ok guys, i got this because i wanted a light lotion for the summer time. well one day when i was overseas, the moisturizer i had was making my skin crazy so i just started applying this. well ommggg, now i use it for my face all the time. it is the only moisturizer i found that DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT. i have sensitive, combo to normal skin and rarely get spots only the occasional one here and there... and almost every moisturizer i tried did something wrong to my face except this. coco butter tends to break some folks out and i am one of them, this is the only body lotion that lush has that doesn't contain cocobutter... seriously, try it for your face.

on 8/24/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Reading these reviews, I'm kind of surprised at the comments on the smell: this lotion has NO ADDED PERFUME. It smells like the ingredients, and nothing more. It's called Coco Lotion after cocoa butter, not coconuts or cocoa like chocolate. I work for Lush, and this is one of three unscented products in the entire store.

Now, the review: This is, in my opinion, one of the best lotions Lush makes. It sinks in really nicely, and has the perfect balance between moisturizing and not leaving an oily film on the skin. It's pretty lightweight, but definitely does the job. It won't interact badly with your perfume either, because obviously, it has no scent. I love the feel of it, and it's also really soothing for irritated skin, like just after shaving. Definitely recommend.

on 9/12/2009 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Ok..I can`t believe there aren`t any reviews on this yet! This is the BEST body lotion LUSH has and the best body lotion I ever used and I`ve tried a lot. In fact I gave up on lotions a year ago since none really did anything and I always was too lazy to use them after bathing or showering, if I felt dry I just used some oil on wet skin still in the shower and dried as usual. I have used Symphaty for the skin and Dreamy Creamy by LUSH which I both loved because they smelled great and made my skin soft but never repurchased. This one makes my skin as soft as I never thought would be possible! Don`t ask me how it does it but it smoothes away any dry patches and little bumps anywhere on my body. If you expect this to smell like coconut, it does not. It just smells like a clean smelling lotion and I`m glad because this way it doesn`t interfere with my parfumes. The texture is a little more fluent than Sympathy for the skin and Dreamy Creamy but sinks in faster AND is more moisturizing. I have thick black hair on my legs (I know...very pretty...) and I always have red bumps and I even sometimes bleed after shaving. Not if I use this lotion afterwards. I am hooked and I recommend this to anyone looking for a really moisturizing and healing lotion. Love it and will repurchase again and again. Great great stuff!!! :-)

I like the way the cream sinks in and it moisturizes well. Between this one, Dream Cream, and Sympathy for the Skin, Coco sinks in the fastest and suits my skin best so far. It's one of the few moisturizers that actually last more than one day on my skin. It didn't immediately sting my skin in places where I had scratched too hard on my winter-dry skin like others I have tried. I wish it came in a bottle or tube. I don't like putting my fingers in a pot, but decanting a little at a time in a smaller container helps with that. The smell is a very nice light, almost unscented type of scent. I like the scent more than Dream Cream's overpowering scent. I like that the light scent won't clash with a perfume. It is quite pricey though. It's lovely, but I will keep looking for another moisturizer that is as nice but cheaper.

on 6/5/2011 1:30:00 PM

Note: I used to have a tub or two of Dream Cream on me at any time. I thought it was the best lotion EVER, until I found Coco Lotion.
I use this on my face every day and night. I have very dry flaky skin in the winter, and I get a little moist in the face in the summer, but this lotion takes care of it all. It's great under makeup if you're going for the dewy look, and never breaks me out!
It may seem expensive ($20 for a tub), but considering that one tub lasted me seven months, it's well worth it to me. Otherwise, I'd have to spend at least $10 monthly for a new tube of drugstore moisturizer. I just purchased my second tub, and am committed to a long-term relationship with it.

I got this as a sample, but I wouldn't buy it when its done. Its pretty moisturizing without being greasy. However, it doesn't smell like anything. I find if I'm spending more money on a product, especially buying things from Lush, then it should at the very least have a scent or smell good in addition to performing well. Its the unique perfume inside Lush products that make them worth buying and different. Since Coco Lotion doesn't smell, I might as well be buying an unscented lotion at the drugstore for half or even a quarter of the price.

on 4/5/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Pros: subtle smell, nice texture, good ingredients.
Cons: greasy, expensive, LUSH has plain ugly packaging in general in my opinion.
I don't use this as a body lotion because I find it too greasy and expensive but it does a nice job as a night time hand and foot cream. I don't go to bed with a nauseating smell and my cuticles and soles of my feet have stayed baby soft and hydrated. I enjoy the feeling of it and I sniff it every time I open it because I find the nice subtle natural smell soothing at bedtime. I will repurchase for a night table staple item!

on 11/2/2013 9:13:00 AM

I love this lotion! Sensitive skin and this lotion mix wonderfully. The scent is natural and light, doesn't linger once applied. It's really moisturizing, especially used in conjunction with one of the Lush shower gels or bars. It's not greasy, leaves skin silky and smooth. I have hated every lotion I've ever tried, and will most likely only ever buy this one. Because it doesn't have other ingredients in it to give it a scent or other 'effect,' it is cheaper than other Lush lotions. Also, a little goes a long way.

on 9/13/2012 1:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ok I think I used this enough to be able to review. I am a type of person that MUST put on lotion after every shower or else I will become severely dry and itchy. You would think I have dry skin but I'm actually oily, I know I blame it on my weird family genes. Any who the cream itself its somewhat greasy and feels like its doing something, but in reality its only doing the bare minimum. Its a light mositurizer but after a while it feels like you didn't put anything at all. I notice after putting some on at night before going to bed I feel itchy in certain places I know I slathered the lotion and they still feel itchy as if I didn't put any on at all. I feel Lush in general is either hit or miss and does not last as long as they claims it does. This product is definately a miss especially since its $20 a tub. Honestly I'm all for natural items but for something that's "natural" the price is a ripe off. The container that it comes in even sucks, if its a lotion it should be in a bottle not in a tub where I can touch and contaminate the remaining product. Sorry Lush but this is a fail for $20.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm in love with this lotion.
It has everything I look for in a body moisturiser: light scent, light consistency and not too terrible ingredients, and the results are smooth silky skin.
I love how unscented this is - it obviously smells of something but it's really light and I can't quite identify it - I can use it with or without other fragrances and it doesn't give me headaches. I also love how the skin absorbs it well but you can still feel the moisture many hours later. Probably not the HG for the driest skin but it does a wonderful job for me.
The downsides are the price - a tad expensive and I don't know if I can make it last very long, though I try to - and the packaging: my lid has some defects in the plastic and when I got the lotion from ordering online a little bit of it was spilt. Not the best package for body lotion, I'm terrified it's going to fall in the floor and I'll lose everything.
But heavens, I love it.