LUSH Coco Lotion

3.6

on 12/27/2012 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I adore this lotion! It has a lovely creamy almost whipped texture, but melts into my skin. I get terrible dry patches in winter, but in just a few days use this is clearing them up and leaves my skin looking amazing. I love the tub, and the only downfall is while it claims to be lightly scented, I don't smell a thing. This actually works on for me since I don't have to worry about scents clashing. Will definitely repurchase for winter-time use.

on 8/6/2010 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because it is more non scented compared to other LUSH lotions. This does moisturize my skin really nicely.
I want to try other lotions but some are so scented I wouldn't be able to wear my perfumes with them.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Overall this is just an average lightweight lotion. Nothing super special about this but I guess this would be a nice moisterizer in the hotter, sticky, summer months. I don't understand why this is priced @ close to $20.00 for a tub of 8.9 oz. Kinda pricey in my opinion! You could do better getting a cheap dollar store lotion for the same amout. I could barely smell the scent to this either. If you are looking for serious moisturizing stick to any of the LUSH's solid "Massage Bars" they last all day.

on 2/2/2010 7:42:00 AM

I'm really disapointed with this lotion, although I am a huge Lush fan this just hasn't delivered for me.

On the positive side I think the scent is very mild and inoffensive, in fact I was able to use this as I would an unscented lotion and apply whatever fragrance I wanted afterwards or before.
It is smooth, it absorbs into the skin fairly well and it does not leave any sticky or oily residue on you/your clothing/your sheets.

The problem that I have with this is it just does not moisturise, it doesn't even seem to keep the moisture that I had in my skin. Bearing in mind I have tested this over a 4 week+ period during January I was expecting my skin to feel pretty dry, but I found myself having to top up and remoisturise in the evening before bed aswell (I shower and moisturise midday).
THis didn't break me out, but it did make my skin feel itchy and uncomfortable and it wasn't until I bought another body butter and started to use it as it smelled so good that I realised how badly Coco lotion was performing. Don't bother with this, Dream Cream is one of my all time favourite products, there are far better and cheaper light lotions if you want to wear something that doesn't smell or moisturise.

on 10/28/2009 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just purchased this today on my mini LUSH excursion after work. I have to say, I'm pretty sold, already. I'm still debating whether I prefer this or the Dream Cream. Whereas the Coco Lotion has a nicer feel going on and sinking in, I think the moisturizing effect fades a little faster than with the Dream Cream. All in all, this is a fantastic lotion with a lovely, gentle scent, but perhaps not the best option for sensitive, winter skin. I do think I will continue to purchase this, perhaps along with the Dream Cream to use for my more itchy or sensitive days.