LUSH Coco Lotion

Filtered by age: 19-24
LUSH Coco Lotion

3.5

on 11/2/2013 9:13:00 AM

I love this lotion! Sensitive skin and this lotion mix wonderfully. The scent is natural and light, doesn't linger once applied. It's really moisturizing, especially used in conjunction with one of the Lush shower gels or bars. It's not greasy, leaves skin silky and smooth. I have hated every lotion I've ever tried, and will most likely only ever buy this one. Because it doesn't have other ingredients in it to give it a scent or other 'effect,' it is cheaper than other Lush lotions. Also, a little goes a long way.

on 6/5/2011 1:30:00 PM

Note: I used to have a tub or two of Dream Cream on me at any time. I thought it was the best lotion EVER, until I found Coco Lotion.
I use this on my face every day and night. I have very dry flaky skin in the winter, and I get a little moist in the face in the summer, but this lotion takes care of it all. It's great under makeup if you're going for the dewy look, and never breaks me out!
It may seem expensive ($20 for a tub), but considering that one tub lasted me seven months, it's well worth it to me. Otherwise, I'd have to spend at least $10 monthly for a new tube of drugstore moisturizer. I just purchased my second tub, and am committed to a long-term relationship with it.

I got this as a sample, but I wouldn't buy it when its done. Its pretty moisturizing without being greasy. However, it doesn't smell like anything. I find if I'm spending more money on a product, especially buying things from Lush, then it should at the very least have a scent or smell good in addition to performing well. Its the unique perfume inside Lush products that make them worth buying and different. Since Coco Lotion doesn't smell, I might as well be buying an unscented lotion at the drugstore for half or even a quarter of the price.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This product is very moisturizing and does make my skin feel soft. It is a tad bit greasy when I first but it on, but then it dries quickly and my hands are soft! The smell doesn't bother me at all. It's a typical lush smell, natural lotiony smell. I probably won't purchase again, only because I love the Dream Cream way better. I do like the packaging, the little buckets are cool because I can see how much I have left and I just dunk my hands in and go. Perfect!

on 4/5/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Pros: subtle smell, nice texture, good ingredients.
Cons: greasy, expensive, LUSH has plain ugly packaging in general in my opinion.
I don't use this as a body lotion because I find it too greasy and expensive but it does a nice job as a night time hand and foot cream. I don't go to bed with a nauseating smell and my cuticles and soles of my feet have stayed baby soft and hydrated. I enjoy the feeling of it and I sniff it every time I open it because I find the nice subtle natural smell soothing at bedtime. I will repurchase for a night table staple item!

on 10/15/2010 2:56:00 AM

FACE moisturizer

Ok guys, i got this because i wanted a light lotion for the summer time. well one day when i was overseas, the moisturizer i had was making my skin crazy so i just started applying this. well ommggg, now i use it for my face all the time. it is the only moisturizer i found that DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT. i have sensitive, combo to normal skin and rarely get spots only the occasional one here and there... and almost every moisturizer i tried did something wrong to my face except this. coco butter tends to break some folks out and i am one of them, this is the only body lotion that lush has that doesn't contain cocobutter... seriously, try it for your face.

on 8/24/2010 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Reading these reviews, I'm kind of surprised at the comments on the smell: this lotion has NO ADDED PERFUME. It smells like the ingredients, and nothing more. It's called Coco Lotion after cocoa butter, not coconuts or cocoa like chocolate. I work for Lush, and this is one of three unscented products in the entire store.

Now, the review: This is, in my opinion, one of the best lotions Lush makes. It sinks in really nicely, and has the perfect balance between moisturizing and not leaving an oily film on the skin. It's pretty lightweight, but definitely does the job. It won't interact badly with your perfume either, because obviously, it has no scent. I love the feel of it, and it's also really soothing for irritated skin, like just after shaving. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this lotion however it is no miracle (which Iwasn't looking for anyway). It is a great every day lotion to layer on after a shower. It is realy moisturising and gentle on the skin. I would like it to smell a little more of coconut but I'm glad they havn't added any un naturall scent to it.

on 3/16/2010 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

i just bought a tub a few weeks ago and i dont think im going to use this on my body anymore maybe just for my feet from now on... i bought this because the SA told me it would be brightening and it smelled slightly like a pina colada but it takes forever to absorb and it makes me really itchy :/ i dont like the screw on tub either...itsheavy, unsanitary, and inconvenient.

on 3/11/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really enjoyed this product. I just finished my first tub over a 2 month period, here are my thoughts:

PROS: (1) scent free. I am confused by some of the reviews, perhaps it was my batch, but there was no actual scent. I could layer my perfume/body mist on time without any problems. (2) absorbs quickly does not leave moisturizing coating over skin. (3) soothing after shaving. Many lotions make my skin sting or become bumpy when I apply after shaving. This one left them soft and smooth. (4) the enzymes in this definitely smoothed out the texture of my skin, but more then anything i think this moisturizer penetrates deeper instead of simply coating the skin.

CONS: none

Lovely perfume by Lush. I like that they came out with a light moisturizer with virtually no scent. I expected it to smell like a tropical drink from a souther island by the ocean with palm trees. I was pleased that there was no scent. I actually mixed it with my Karma Kream to subdue the scent of Karma and make it more moisturizing which proved to be a winning combination for me. Also, this lotion is a great alternative to the overly sugar vanilla scent of Vanillary. I definitely recommend to anyone who wants to use a more basic moisturizer, will repurchase again.
Happy Shopping!