Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser

Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (detergent cleansing agent), Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer (polymer thickening agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient/slip agent), PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (thickener), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (detergent cleansing agent), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (emulsifier), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Triclosan (antibacterial agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (solubolizing agent), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin (preservatives)

on 6/2/2017 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, i love Paula's Choice product i used a few from them and it works for me!! this one for me its to drying whatsoever it did nothing for my skin, I've a combo skin this just to drying i cant deal with that!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Exactly three minutes after using a pea-size amount of this cleanser to wash my t-zone, my skin became bright red, hot to the touch, and started to burn. Then it proceeded to peel uncontrollably for the following 5 days. To say this product is not appropriate for sensitive skin is an understatement. My skin isn't even that sensitive.

on 2/2/2017 2:27:00 PM

I use this cleanser with with Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid and love it. I'm on my second full sized bottle of both products and will continue to purchase. I used to be weary about using cleansers that have oil in them because I have combination skin with large pores that tend to get clogged, but this is the perfect balance for me and doesn't dry me out despite using a BHA exfoliant every day. I also love that it's only $13 dollars, I was using expensive cleansers (FAB, Shiseido, Fresh, Algenist) before I tried this and none of them worked as well for me. I use this with my Clarisonic and find that a little goes a long way and afterwards, when I tone, there is no makeup or dirt leftover.

Over all I'm very happy I gave Paula's Choice a try, especially as they almost always have deals and usually offer free shipping to the US and Canada a few times a month. For $10 dollars off use this link https://goo.gl/q7BvXW (this cleanser is only $3 with it.)

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 4th bottle , i love this cleanser soo much , it is the perfect cleanser for my combination/dry skin , not very harsh nor dry
You can get it $3 if you want to try it here https://goo.gl/qfTpOR , this will give you $10 off on anything you buy

on 1/3/2017 4:19:00 AM

This cleanser is one of my favorites. I really like its consistency and it cleanses my skin very well and doesn't dry it out. If you want to get $10 off follow this link: https://goo.gl/byQqpB.

on 12/22/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a decent gentle cleanser, but it doesn't seem to do anything to minimize pores as claimed. Basically I thought it was just okay. I doubt I would repurchase.

on 10/20/2016 11:26:00 AM

I was hesitant to try this cleanser because I was worried it would dry out my face since acne cleansers usually do but I'm happy to say this one didn't! My face cleared up pretty quickly so I was very impressed with that but I also use the clear benzoyl peroxide gel and the exfoliating toner before but when I added the cleanser I saw even better results.... so the three step as a whole is what I think makes the biggest difference to me.
You can use my coupon code https://goo.gl/Jq02dh to get $10off

on 9/26/2016 6:18:00 AM

Omg! Never thought I would say this about a cleanser but it does shrink your pores and they appear smaller. It gets out all the gunk out and clean them and make you skin feel soft and clean. Everything that it claims it is performing l.. beautiful product...Love love this!!

Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser = 2.5/3 lipsticks out of 5, because I don't know whether I like or dislike this product.

I used this for three-four weeks as a second cleanser after I've removed my makeup/SPF with micellar water or a cleansing balm. I have normal/combo/spot prone skin.

This cleanser claims:
"Refreshing and gentle on the skin without causing dryness" >
= Yes my face feels fresh and clean, though my face also feels sticky too even when I've rinsed and rinsed with water. Sometimes I come out with red blotches around my forehead, but this soon goes after a while.

"Reduces red marks & prevents redness" >
= It's reduced an okay amount of redness/spot scars around my cheeks, but not my chin/upper lip area. I feel Paula's Clear Regular Strength 2% BHA Exfoliant has been a better product removing redness than this.

"Dissolves pore-clogging oil and dirt" >
= Using this as a second cleanser, my skin feels cleaner and less dirty, as though every last makeup/dirt has been removed.

Roundup: My skin feels very clean and refreshed after using this cleanser, however it hasn't made a massive impact clearing my skin completely. I still have redness, spot scars around my upper lip area, and I still have a few bumps around my cheeks and whiteheads around my forehead. If I had to buy again, I would instead buy Paula's BHA Exfoliant to reduce redness.

on 6/17/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It feels really light and purifying to my sensitive skin. I am left with a clean, fresh and moisturized finish unlike many other cleansers that I have tried (Sensai, Kiehl`s might be good options for normal skin types..in my opinion but not ideal for acne prone combination skin). I am happy with this!!!

Btw. I am not really a heavy foundation wearer on a daily routine. I would understand that removing a full coverage foundation with this cleanser might be a little tricky. In that case I would remove my makeup with an oil cleanser (atm I am using Elizabeth Arden Oil Cleanser) prior to using this cleanser.

The only reason why I am not giving this product a 5 lippie is because I havenĀ“t tried this cleanser long enough to observe a pore minimizing effect.