Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser

Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (detergent cleansing agent), Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer (polymer thickening agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient/slip agent), PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (thickener), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (detergent cleansing agent), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (emulsifier), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Triclosan (antibacterial agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (solubolizing agent), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin (preservatives)

on 2/2/2017 2:27:00 PM

I use this cleanser with with Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid and love it. I'm on my second full sized bottle of both products and will continue to purchase. I used to be weary about using cleansers that have oil in them because I have combination skin with large pores that tend to get clogged, but this is the perfect balance for me and doesn't dry me out despite using a BHA exfoliant every day. I also love that it's only $13 dollars, I was using expensive cleansers (FAB, Shiseido, Fresh, Algenist) before I tried this and none of them worked as well for me. I use this with my Clarisonic and find that a little goes a long way and afterwards, when I tone, there is no makeup or dirt leftover.

Over all I'm very happy I gave Paula's Choice a try, especially as they almost always have deals and usually offer free shipping to the US and Canada a few times a month. For $10 dollars off use this link https://goo.gl/q7BvXW (this cleanser is only $3 with it.)

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am on my 4th bottle , i love this cleanser soo much , it is the perfect cleanser for my combination/dry skin , not very harsh nor dry
You can get it $3 if you want to try it here https://goo.gl/qfTpOR , this will give you $10 off on anything you buy

on 1/3/2017 4:19:00 AM

This cleanser is one of my favorites. I really like its consistency and it cleanses my skin very well and doesn't dry it out. If you want to get $10 off follow this link: https://goo.gl/byQqpB.

on 12/22/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a decent gentle cleanser, but it doesn't seem to do anything to minimize pores as claimed. Basically I thought it was just okay. I doubt I would repurchase.

on 10/20/2016 11:26:00 AM

I was hesitant to try this cleanser because I was worried it would dry out my face since acne cleansers usually do but I'm happy to say this one didn't! My face cleared up pretty quickly so I was very impressed with that but I also use the clear benzoyl peroxide gel and the exfoliating toner before but when I added the cleanser I saw even better results.... so the three step as a whole is what I think makes the biggest difference to me.
You can use my coupon code https://goo.gl/Jq02dh to get $10off

on 9/26/2016 6:18:00 AM

Omg! Never thought I would say this about a cleanser but it does shrink your pores and they appear smaller. It gets out all the gunk out and clean them and make you skin feel soft and clean. Everything that it claims it is performing l.. beautiful product...Love love this!!

Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser = 2.5/3 lipsticks out of 5, because I don't know whether I like or dislike this product.

I used this for three-four weeks as a second cleanser after I've removed my makeup/SPF with micellar water or a cleansing balm. I have normal/combo/spot prone skin.

This cleanser claims:
"Refreshing and gentle on the skin without causing dryness" >
= Yes my face feels fresh and clean, though my face also feels sticky too even when I've rinsed and rinsed with water. Sometimes I come out with red blotches around my forehead, but this soon goes after a while.

"Reduces red marks & prevents redness" >
= It's reduced an okay amount of redness/spot scars around my cheeks, but not my chin/upper lip area. I feel Paula's Clear Regular Strength 2% BHA Exfoliant has been a better product removing redness than this.

"Dissolves pore-clogging oil and dirt" >
= Using this as a second cleanser, my skin feels cleaner and less dirty, as though every last makeup/dirt has been removed.

Roundup: My skin feels very clean and refreshed after using this cleanser, however it hasn't made a massive impact clearing my skin completely. I still have redness, spot scars around my upper lip area, and I still have a few bumps around my cheeks and whiteheads around my forehead. If I had to buy again, I would instead buy Paula's BHA Exfoliant to reduce redness.

on 6/17/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It feels really light and purifying to my sensitive skin. I am left with a clean, fresh and moisturized finish unlike many other cleansers that I have tried (Sensai, Kiehl`s might be good options for normal skin types..in my opinion but not ideal for acne prone combination skin). I am happy with this!!!

Btw. I am not really a heavy foundation wearer on a daily routine. I would understand that removing a full coverage foundation with this cleanser might be a little tricky. In that case I would remove my makeup with an oil cleanser (atm I am using Elizabeth Arden Oil Cleanser) prior to using this cleanser.

The only reason why I am not giving this product a 5 lippie is because I havenĀ“t tried this cleanser long enough to observe a pore minimizing effect.

on 3/22/2016 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Paula's Choice Pore Normalizing Cleanser in the beginning of january together with a few other products from the same serie. I really like Paula's ambition within the skincare industry and I decided to give it a go!

Overall, it is a gentle, gel cleanser that claims to minimize pores, prevent breakouts and reduce red marks caused by acne. I don't really think that a cleanser have these characteristics because you apply it to your face, massage it for a little while and rinse. I honestly believe more in treatments, tonics and fluids that you keep on your face for a day!

I think it's an okay cleanser. It's not so easy to foam and it's a little tricky to remove heavy make-up, but I really enjoy this cleanser in the morning. You really feel refreshed after and it's not fragranced so you can probably use it even with sensitive skin. If you want a cleanser for heavy make-up in the evening, I don't recommend this but in the mornings absolutely!

Pros:
* Can be used to remove eye make-up
* Contains no fragrance to irritate the skin
* Not tested on animals
* Price is decent for the amount in the bottle
* Does not dry the skin
* The skin feels fresh after use

Cons:
* Hard to remove heavy make-up
* Doesn't come in a pump
* Doesn't lather very well

So, it's absolutely an okay cleanser with great ingredients. It's hard to judge a cleanser based om what it should do, the most important part for me is to remove make-up effectively without leaving the skin dry. I would buy this again to use in the mornings. You don't need much product and I don't think it's pricey for the amount you get! A strong 3 for me!

x N

on 11/27/2015 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a part of the Clear Regular Strength Trial Kit for $13 with free shipping. It is actually a decent size for being a "Trial", so I would say that the kit is probably worth a try. However, this is the only item out of the three that I liked enough to potentially repurchase. I find that is gentle, cleanses well, rinses clean and does not make my skin feel tight afterwards. I would say that it is pretty similar to the Cereve Foaming Cleanser. I wish this product came with a pump like Cereve.

One downside to Paula's Choice products for me (living in Canada) is that the US dollar is not great right now and shipping takes almost a full 2 weeks which is annoying!