Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser

Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (detergent cleansing agent), Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer (polymer thickening agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient/slip agent), PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (thickener), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (detergent cleansing agent), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (emulsifier), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Triclosan (antibacterial agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (solubolizing agent), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin (preservatives)

on 10/20/2016 11:26:00 AM

I was hesitant to try this cleanser because I was worried it would dry out my face since acne cleansers usually do but I'm happy to say this one didn't! My face cleared up pretty quickly so I was very impressed with that but I also use the clear benzoyl peroxide gel and the exfoliating toner before but when I added the cleanser I saw even better results.... so the three step as a whole is what I think makes the biggest difference to me.
You can use my coupon code https://goo.gl/Jq02dh to get $10off

on 9/26/2016 6:18:00 AM

Omg! Never thought I would say this about a cleanser but it does shrink your pores and they appear smaller. It gets out all the gunk out and clean them and make you skin feel soft and clean. Everything that it claims it is performing l.. beautiful product...Love love this!!

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser = 2.5/3 lipsticks out of 5, because I don't know whether I like or dislike this product.

I used this for three-four weeks as a second cleanser after I've removed my makeup/SPF with micellar water or a cleansing balm. I have normal/combo/spot prone skin.

This cleanser claims:
"Refreshing and gentle on the skin without causing dryness" >
= Yes my face feels fresh and clean, though my face also feels sticky too even when I've rinsed and rinsed with water. Sometimes I come out with red blotches around my forehead, but this soon goes after a while.

"Reduces red marks & prevents redness" >
= It's reduced an okay amount of redness/spot scars around my cheeks, but not my chin/upper lip area. I feel Paula's Clear Regular Strength 2% BHA Exfoliant has been a better product removing redness than this.

"Dissolves pore-clogging oil and dirt" >
= Using this as a second cleanser, my skin feels cleaner and less dirty, as though every last makeup/dirt has been removed.

Roundup: My skin feels very clean and refreshed after using this cleanser, however it hasn't made a massive impact clearing my skin completely. I still have redness, spot scars around my upper lip area, and I still have a few bumps around my cheeks and whiteheads around my forehead. If I had to buy again, I would instead buy Paula's BHA Exfoliant to reduce redness.

on 6/17/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It feels really light and purifying to my sensitive skin. I am left with a clean, fresh and moisturized finish unlike many other cleansers that I have tried (Sensai, Kiehl`s might be good options for normal skin types..in my opinion but not ideal for acne prone combination skin). I am happy with this!!!

Btw. I am not really a heavy foundation wearer on a daily routine. I would understand that removing a full coverage foundation with this cleanser might be a little tricky. In that case I would remove my makeup with an oil cleanser (atm I am using Elizabeth Arden Oil Cleanser) prior to using this cleanser.

The only reason why I am not giving this product a 5 lippie is because I havenĀ“t tried this cleanser long enough to observe a pore minimizing effect.

on 3/22/2016 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Paula's Choice Pore Normalizing Cleanser in the beginning of january together with a few other products from the same serie. I really like Paula's ambition within the skincare industry and I decided to give it a go!

Overall, it is a gentle, gel cleanser that claims to minimize pores, prevent breakouts and reduce red marks caused by acne. I don't really think that a cleanser have these characteristics because you apply it to your face, massage it for a little while and rinse. I honestly believe more in treatments, tonics and fluids that you keep on your face for a day!

I think it's an okay cleanser. It's not so easy to foam and it's a little tricky to remove heavy make-up, but I really enjoy this cleanser in the morning. You really feel refreshed after and it's not fragranced so you can probably use it even with sensitive skin. If you want a cleanser for heavy make-up in the evening, I don't recommend this but in the mornings absolutely!

Pros:
* Can be used to remove eye make-up
* Contains no fragrance to irritate the skin
* Not tested on animals
* Price is decent for the amount in the bottle
* Does not dry the skin
* The skin feels fresh after use

Cons:
* Hard to remove heavy make-up
* Doesn't come in a pump
* Doesn't lather very well

So, it's absolutely an okay cleanser with great ingredients. It's hard to judge a cleanser based om what it should do, the most important part for me is to remove make-up effectively without leaving the skin dry. I would buy this again to use in the mornings. You don't need much product and I don't think it's pricey for the amount you get! A strong 3 for me!

x N

on 11/27/2015 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this as a part of the Clear Regular Strength Trial Kit for $13 with free shipping. It is actually a decent size for being a "Trial", so I would say that the kit is probably worth a try. However, this is the only item out of the three that I liked enough to potentially repurchase. I find that is gentle, cleanses well, rinses clean and does not make my skin feel tight afterwards. I would say that it is pretty similar to the Cereve Foaming Cleanser. I wish this product came with a pump like Cereve.

One downside to Paula's Choice products for me (living in Canada) is that the US dollar is not great right now and shipping takes almost a full 2 weeks which is annoying!

on 10/30/2015 2:03:00 PM

Love this product...everything I use is Paula's Choice products, they are amazing and I have finally cleared my acne! :) I did have a coupon for $10 for other reviewers to use but it got deleted!

on 9/3/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my second bottle and about to purchase another. This is one of my staple cleanser for my oily and acne prone skin! I tried the pc skin balancingn cleanser before and i loved it but this one's perfect for me! It lathers well and doesnt leave my skin dry or tight after .

This product is absolutely a MUST HAVE for me. This does the job as a gentle cleanser and does not break me out. A lot of these reviews state that it doesn't wash off makeup, but it's not really intended for washing off makeup. I use a makeup wipe then use this cleanser and works wonders. This is by far the best cleanser and I defiantly recommend to those acne-prone skin types. The only down side is the price and is a bit pricey for a cleanser, but I think it's worth it and they also come in trial size, so if you are still not sure, you can try it out. :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Its a very basic cleanser and rather drying. It does NOTHING to your pore size and doesn't have anything helpful for skin. The packaging is annoying and it doesn't really foam well. Not worth the price at all.