Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser

Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser

3.8

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 0.5Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Arginine, Butylene Glycol, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin.. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OLD INGREDIENTS: Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate (detergent cleansing agent), Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer (polymer thickening agent), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient/slip agent), PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate (thickener), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (detergent cleansing agent), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate (emulsifier), Panthenol (skin conditioning agent), Triclosan (antibacterial agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (solubolizing agent), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin (preservatives)

on 1/12/2018 8:38:00 PM

I agree with the reviewer just below me that it's A LITTLE WEIRD that Paula moved from Triclosan (now banned) in this product to .5% salicylic acid. Didn't she always say salicylic acid was pointless in a cleanser, because it doesn't stay on long enough? If there was a word of explanation, I did not catch it. But I just can't give this a negative review. It's a pretty good cleanser for my sensitive, breakout-prone skin. (I was always scared of Triclosan anyhow.) It's a clear, gentle, not-very-foaming gel that manages to be soothing and refreshing at the same time. I don't find it drying, and I prefer the texture to CeraVe's Renewing SA Cleanser. This seems gentler and more suitable for everyday use. (Note: I'm pretty old to be using acne cleansers!)

on 12/22/2017 1:29:00 AM

I only tried this cleanser in a small sample packet& this was her old formula with triclosan in it & I liked it ! It was fragrance free & cleaned my face well !
But the reason I'm writing this review is Bc I just wanted to comment on how Paula is being so hypocritical with her reviews with regards to her adding salicyclic acid to her face cleanser! 😐! Bc for years she's been criticizing other skincare companies for adding in salicyclic acid into their face washes as being useless Bc it's rinsed off & can not exfoliate & treat your acne! & here she goes putting salicyclic acid into her face cleanser! I think 💭 she's being hypocritical here ! I know she did it bc the FDA has recently ban triclosan in hand washes & soaps!

on 6/2/2017 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, i love Paula's Choice product i used a few from them and it works for me!! this one for me its to drying whatsoever it did nothing for my skin, I've a combo skin this just to drying i cant deal with that!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Exactly three minutes after using a pea-size amount of this cleanser to wash my t-zone, my skin became bright red, hot to the touch, and started to burn. Then it proceeded to peel uncontrollably for the following 5 days. To say this product is not appropriate for sensitive skin is an understatement. My skin isn't even that sensitive.

on 2/2/2017 2:27:00 PM

I use this cleanser with with Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid and love it. I'm on my second full sized bottle of both products and will continue to purchase. I used to be weary about using cleansers that have oil in them because I have combination skin with large pores that tend to get clogged, but this is the perfect balance for me and doesn't dry me out despite using a BHA exfoliant every day. I also love that it's only $13 dollars, I was using expensive cleansers (FAB, Shiseido, Fresh, Algenist) before I tried this and none of them worked as well for me. I use this with my Clarisonic and find that a little goes a long way and afterwards, when I tone, there is no makeup or dirt leftover.

Over all I'm very happy I gave Paula's Choice a try, especially as they almost always have deals and usually offer free shipping to the US and Canada a few times a month. For $10 dollars off use this link https://goo.gl/q7BvXW (this cleanser is only $3 with it.)

on 1/3/2017 4:19:00 AM

This cleanser is one of my favorites. I really like its consistency and it cleanses my skin very well and doesn't dry it out. If you want to get $10 off follow this link: https://goo.gl/byQqpB.

on 12/22/2016 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a decent gentle cleanser, but it doesn't seem to do anything to minimize pores as claimed. Basically I thought it was just okay. I doubt I would repurchase.

on 10/20/2016 11:26:00 AM

I was hesitant to try this cleanser because I was worried it would dry out my face since acne cleansers usually do but I'm happy to say this one didn't! My face cleared up pretty quickly so I was very impressed with that but I also use the clear benzoyl peroxide gel and the exfoliating toner before but when I added the cleanser I saw even better results.... so the three step as a whole is what I think makes the biggest difference to me.
You can use my coupon code https://goo.gl/Jq02dh to get $10off

on 9/26/2016 6:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Omg! Never thought I would say this about a cleanser but it does shrink your pores and they appear smaller. It gets out all the gunk out and clean them and make you skin feel soft and clean. Everything that it claims it is performing l.. beautiful product...Love love this!!

Paula's Choice CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser = 2.5/3 lipsticks out of 5, because I don't know whether I like or dislike this product.

I used this for three-four weeks as a second cleanser after I've removed my makeup/SPF with micellar water or a cleansing balm. I have normal/combo/spot prone skin.

This cleanser claims:
"Refreshing and gentle on the skin without causing dryness" >
= Yes my face feels fresh and clean, though my face also feels sticky too even when I've rinsed and rinsed with water. Sometimes I come out with red blotches around my forehead, but this soon goes after a while.

"Reduces red marks & prevents redness" >
= It's reduced an okay amount of redness/spot scars around my cheeks, but not my chin/upper lip area. I feel Paula's Clear Regular Strength 2% BHA Exfoliant has been a better product removing redness than this.

"Dissolves pore-clogging oil and dirt" >
= Using this as a second cleanser, my skin feels cleaner and less dirty, as though every last makeup/dirt has been removed.

Roundup: My skin feels very clean and refreshed after using this cleanser, however it hasn't made a massive impact clearing my skin completely. I still have redness, spot scars around my upper lip area, and I still have a few bumps around my cheeks and whiteheads around my forehead. If I had to buy again, I would instead buy Paula's BHA Exfoliant to reduce redness.