Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent
Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

3.9

TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRICTRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BORON NITRIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, LECITHIN, METHYLPARABEN, ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETYLDIMETHICONE, PROPYLPARABEN, LAUROYL LYSINE,BUTYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM),BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYLSALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL,HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENECARBOXALDEHYDE. [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)________________________________________________Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Petrolatum, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polybutene, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocpherol Acetate, Methylparaben, Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Propylparaben, Zinc Oxide, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis, Polysorbate 20, BHT, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroisohexyl 3-Cyclohexane Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 2/8/2017 7:06:00 PM

Not good coverage and the perfume smell is just way to strong.

on 2/8/2017 6:14:00 PM

This powder offers good coverage and provides a nice finish. However, I found 001 to be very, very yellow. Completely changed the color of my foundation.

This only works for me when my skin is VERY oily. If you don't have a very oily skin and even if you only use a little bit, it will look bad, not smooth and will emphasize (and create) dry patches. The packaging is bad and breaks easily.

on 1/1/2017 3:09:00 PM

I have a combination skin and I quickly get oily. So combination skin in a tropical and humid country, I need all the coverage that I can get. This product left a medium coverage for me and after 1-2 hours, my skin already looked oily. I didn't pay much to get this so for the price, it's good but overall not so much. It's not long lasting. I don't think I will buy this again unfortunately.

on 12/29/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried this stuff in the color sandstorm, so decided to try transparent. Fail. It didnt even keep me shine-free for 2 hours. Put it on before going to a movie, was shiny when i came back. Also, dislike the slight scent to the powder. Will stick to ELF.

on 12/28/2016 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Whilst the price point is amazing, this product didn't work for me. The 'transparent' claim is not completely true and when used to bake, leaves a yellowish colour behind. When used to set the whole face it tends to cake up, especially around the t zone. I thought it could be because of the liquid foundation I was using underneath the powder, but I discovered it caked up with all my foundations (both drugstore and high end).Please note I have combination skin, and while this product didn't give me the results I wanted, I have friends who swear by it.

on 9/27/2016 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm impressed by this product,I rarely use drugstore products because my skin is so oily,so I really need heavy duty products,I just decided to give this product a try after hearing so many good things about,Im so glad I did! This really makes a difference on my skin,it sets and mattifies with looking cakey,it makes my skin really smooth, and helps blur my pores. I love the packaging,its easy to carry around and to swirl a big brush on it. The only cons about this product is that it isnt completly transparent,It does kinda give me a white cast,and that it contains petrolatum and mineral oil which are bad for the skin. But over all this is a great product!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder has been a staple for me since high school- so decades now! I am never without it in my makeup collection but I don't reach for it every day. For me, this, despite being called 'Transparent' provides coverage (light to medium) and I don't always feel I want that matte covered look. When I do, this is excellent. If you want to keep your t-zone shine free it works a small miracle. As my skin has grown older (with me attached) I suffer less from unwanted shine, but if I want to do an old fashioned- glamor look (think classic red lips, cat's eye liner) this is absolutely perfect and it photographs like a dream. The packaging is not great and it does not come with a sponge or brush, but that's okay- it's so cheap. I have tried brush, sponge and puff with this and prefer a velour puff. On occasion, I have prised it out of its cheap plastic container and put it in a vintage compact. I do love this stuff. My vanity is brimful of high-end and (good) low-end and this sits happily with my more expensive buys. Wonderful powder. Just loses one lippie for packaging but no biggie.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

You know when you've tried on 82 outfits for a night out and nothing looks good - you're hormonally chubby, you're spilling out of a bra, your legs are too short today, those shoes give you cankles, one dress makes you look like a grandma, the other one makes you look like a hooker and another one makes you look like a hooker grandma? Then, just as you're ready to call your pals and claim salmonella, you put on your true and faithful favourite jeans. BAM and you're lookin' good girl. Let's partayy! This powder is the jeans.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Can we just talk about how I put this on my face at about noon today, worked for almost 8 hours (granted I do work in an air conditioned setting), and still have matte, porcelain-smooth skin? I must have forgotten how incredible this powder is, because I haven't used it in years and only picked it up because it is highly rated and I was getting bored with my other powders.
I set my concealer with this, dusted it all over my face and it definitely gave my skin an "airbrushed" look- not cakey or mask-like, just an even base. My bronzer and blush went on very smoothly over it. As I mentioned, even after an active day at work this did not need any touch ups. Had I been outside or been wearing my liquid foundation under it, I surely would have needed one, but the "blurring" and mattifying effect this had on my skin made me look well-rested when in reality I tossed and turned all night!
You get a ton of powder for I believe around $6-$7. I would highly recommend to those with oily, normal or combo skin. This might be a bit too much for already dry skin. The packaging is less than ideal; I worry about the lid cracking or falling off in my bag. I wish it had a clasp. I do, however, love the wide circular pan it comes in, which makes swirling a large kabuki brush a breeze.
This is a definite repurchase! For the price it is entirely possible there is nothing else out there that truly blurs, mattifies and sets like this powder does.