Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 001 Transparent

3.9

TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SILICA, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BORON NITRIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, LECITHIN, METHYLPARABEN, ALLYL METHACRYLATES CROSSPOLYMER, CETYL DIMETHICONE, PROPYLPARABEN, LAUROYL LYSINE, BUTYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE. [ /- (MAY CONTAIN): MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)

on 7/24/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this to fill a vintage Stratton compact. I use it when I want to set my foundation or to control shine in t-zone (I find it doesn't really work for this). I'm normal skin with tendency to oily esp. In t-zone when I'm dehydrated.

Pro - inexpensive, doesn't cake, is translucent on my skin (no15-20), doesn't oxidise, fits some Stratton compacts
Con - doesn't noticeably make a difference re: mattifying

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this powder! I use it whenever i want my makeup to stay on all day, with very minimal blotting... It keeps my face looking fresh, matte and put together. It also didn't cause me any breakouts... this is really one of my favorite powders of all time, i will definitely keep repurchasing.

To Read all 236 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is good powder - probably the best I've found outside of Asia. It's inexpensive and does the job without looking too cakey; it can be used to set foundation or even on a bare face to control shine. There's quite a lot in one tin. Overall, pretty solid product.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is one makeup product that I will always have on hand. Its my HG setting powder, with Coty Airspun right behind it.

I have been using this setting powder ever since I saw Carli Bybel use it on one of her super old makeup tutorials. It works great for me and has played nicely with every foundation I have ever used. It also doesn't change the color of my concealer either, which has been a problem for me in the past with other powders.

This powder keeps me matte, ALL DAY and it also never seems to be cakey on me, regardless of how much I apply.

All in all, this is super user friendly and you can't go wrong with this powder. It keeps you matte, not cakey, and it smells good!

on 5/1/2016 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I have this one, and an Elisabeth Arden one, and comparing these two, neither helps my oiliness for longer than 2.5-3 h, but this just looks chalky, and really "cheap". Smells like an old lady perfume, just not great at all, and it clings onto dry patches.

on 4/19/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Price is great, packaging is also great; could do with a mirror for on the go touchups though, but overall is not too bad. Super light weight but only really lasts around 2 hours.

on 2/15/2016 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bit too light for my NC40 skin but works. I prefer the Johnson and Johnson translucent baby powder over this.

I use this to set my under eye concealer and foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased the shade transparent
PROS
Perfect for applying to the areas you get oily and to set your under eye concealer
Doesn’t alter the color of the foundation underneath
Makes makeup last longer
Doesn’t irritate sensitive skin
Helps minimize the appearance of pores
Makes makeup look flawless

CONS
Packaging is a little weak, would probably be better if it had a sturdier lid
Sometime clings onto dry eczema patches

Would definitely purchase again, the best mattifying powder at the drugstore for sure

on 12/12/2015 7:23:00 PM

Been using this product for at least 3 years now. I think it's absolutely amazing. Keeps my face looking matte for so long and only occasionally need to do a quick touch up. I'm quite pale and use the colour 003 Peach Glow and it isn't too dark yet doesn't make me look completely washed out. The price is very good at £3.99 and I would deffo recommend to anyone:)

on 11/15/2015 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've given this multiple tries. It works for about an hour or so and then you get oily again. I am NC45 and I find that after a couple applications of this (since you have to keep applying it) it leaves your skin with an ashy tint. I won't repurchase.