Origins Checks and Balances

Origins Checks and Balances

3.7

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusion, Lavadula Angustifolia (Lavender), Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Pamitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3 Distearate, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Mentha Spicata (Spearmint), Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium), Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Essential Oils (Olea), Tourmaline, Laminar, Saccharin Extract, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone (iln21793)

on 3/20/2017 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great at makeup removal but was just too drying and I have oily skin. I love the clean feeling afterwards but it just was too much. I think it would be good for acne prone skin and drying it up though.

This is very creamy and has a minty smell. It washes ALL of my makeup off. It can leave my skin a little dry in areas, but I have combination skin that leans a little more dry than oily. My problem is the mint, it absolutely burns my eyes, every time. I just can't use it.
Ask for a sample before buying to be on the safe side. If youdo Not have any eye stinging and your skin is oily/combination I think you will love this.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While it is very creamy and does get all my makeup off, perfect for sensitive skin, I found it to be very drying and I used a drop. Left my skin dehydrated and I had to load up the moisturizer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have fair skin prone to redness, dryness, and clogged pores. In the three weeks I've been using this most of my clogged pores are gone and my skin is smooth and moisturized with reduced redness. To cleanse my face I have been using Origins Micellar cleanser to remove makeup, Checks and Balances to wash my face and Kiehl's ultra facial cream. The difference has been huge and I credit it to the cleanser and the moisturizer.

Cleanser is creamy and smells like spearmint. A little difficult to wash off but leaves my skin clean but not dehydrated. Favorite cleanser ever and I've tried so many!

on 2/8/2017 5:46:00 PM

A little goes a long way for morning cleansing and for makeup removal in the evening.
I must moisturize very very well after use because it doesn't balance at all! It definitely works to reduce my breakouts. It also dries my combination skin a lot.
The mint smell is a little strong. My friend who thinks this is too drying compares the smell to toothbrush.
Another friend, with oily skin, loves the cleanser.

on 12/23/2016 10:44:00 PM

I think I had breakout on my face because of this. So many great reviews about this product but I don't like it.

I bought this in June and decided that this was going to be my "summer cleanser" because I traveled to a lot of humid countries and because my skin gets super oily especially in the summer time. By the time I was at my first summer destination I became really oily and started breaking out due to sunscreen, pollution and wearing heavy makeup each night, so I washed my face morning and evening with checks and balances and at first my skin started to "purge" and I got really worried that this cleanser wasn't going to work out for me but then I went for a facial and my skin cleared up and I decided to give this cleanser a second chance and I'm so happy that I did! Because when I used it the second time my skin looked clear and shine free. The only thing I changed in my routine with checks and balances was to use it only in the morning because it was too harsh for me to use twice a day. Now it's August and my skin still looks amazing. Will definitely check out more origin products and I have decided that I will repurchase checks and balances again when it's empty.

FINALLY!
I've always had good skin - not flawless but nothing to complain about. Then I got pregnant and everything went to s**t. If the eczema on my face was nice enough to subside it would be replaced with more acne. Literal pizza face (Hey there *insert winky face*). As if gaining weight everywhere didn't make me feel insecure enough. I tried everything. Natural, harsh chemicals... EVERYTHING! I spent my days researching and trying anything that seemed hopeful just to have it react and make my skin worse or make my skin so dehydrated half of it would flake off while the other half would be greasy.

Here I am, 9 months post partum. Still dealing with the crazy hormones that killed every bit of confidence I had. I went to Sephora every 3 weeks asking for help, advice - I gave up makeup, junk food, dairy, sugar, fried foods, fast foods, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I wash my face twice a day. Still, I broke out. Blackheads, whiteheads, those annoying pimples that hurt so much and last forever - the ones that will make you damage your skin before getting the tiniest bit of anything out of them.

FINALLY!!!! Someone recommended ORGINS. I was sceptical as I had a right to be but I thought the price for 'checks and balances' wasn't bad at all so I bought it along with the ORGINS 'united state toner' (also recommended by said Sephora girl for combo/ acne prone skin). I've been using it twice a day for a little over a month and I haven't had any breakouts. I love how much the wash foams up - you barely need to use any per wash. As for the toner. I found it made my skin a little bit dry (not to the point where it was flakey - just a little tight) but it made my pores beautiful and I love that there's no alcohol in it.

All in all I highly recommend trying this duo (I don't need a moisturizer although, you might but ORGINS has moisturizer as well). It cleared up my skin in about a week and has kept it clear. I know they have other options for other skin types - I think that's really cool! One issue I have is picking/ any bump I feel on my face regardless of how tiny I try and squeeze to make it go away which breaks my skin, causes red spots and scabs (I'm working on it - no ones perfect).

One more thing I found helped get rid of some acne scars I developed during pregnancy as well as dark spots and just an uneven skin tone all together was doing a completely raw, organic honey mask every other day. Literally wash your face with the checks and balances, then paint raw, organic honey on your face (1tsp is plenty - I use a clean foundation brush) leave it on for 30 mins and then rinse off with just WARM water and your hands (skip toner on the days you use the honey).

Good luck :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love how creamy this facial wash is and it feels good on my skin. It smells fresh and minty. You need only a tiny amount for the whole face so even though it is pricey, it will last you a long time even if you use it twice a day. I think this is more suitable for oily skin. It doesn't make my skin dry but it's not super hydrating either which I don't mind. My moisturizer can take care of the hydration part.

on 2/7/2016 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser foams up very easily on the skin, a little goes a long way. It has a very pleasant minty smell. It leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean and very refreshed.
I would not recommend this cleanser to people with sensitive or dry skin. It is suited to oilier skins that need a deeper cleanse.