Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua
Illuminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.8

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Silica , Polyethylene , Tricaprylin , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Isopropyl Myristate , Lanolin Alcohol , Isopropyl Palmitate , Lanolin Oil , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Tocopherol , Tetrasodium Edta , Chlorphenesin , Potassium Sorbate , [ /- Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) , Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288) , Ultramarines (Ci 77007) , Red 36 Lake (Ci 12085) , Manganese Violet (Ci 77742) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140) , Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410) , Red 34 Lake (Ci 15880) , Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850) , Mica , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510) , Red 6 (Ci 15850) , Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985) , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200) , Carmine (Ci 75470) , Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380) , Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360)]

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is great stuff. Like others have said, my first thought was "how can a bronzer be pink" but it is and it is quite gorgeous. I am a total bronzer addict but this, probably because my skin is so pink already, really makes me look like i have been out in the sun. There is just enough brown in it to fake sun and just enough shimmer to keep it from going flat.

If you are a pale person who normally does not do bronzer because you think they are all orange, this is a great first "bronzer."

My only complaint is bobbi brown compacts have weak clasps and this, like my bronzer, does not shut properly after having used it for a while. I love the design of the compacts and the mirror size but she needs to work on the clasps.

on 8/23/2014 5:27:00 PM

How good is this bronzer ( ok, we all know it actually is a blush-bronzer hybrid)?

It it so phenomenally good that I repurchased it 3 times by now. Nope, the other 2 didn't break, crack, nothing untoward happened to them. But I used them up. Aaaaaaall the way to the bottom of the pan. And this has never, EVER happened to any blush I posess. I either get bored of them, or they don't look right in the height if the summer or dead of the winter, but this one....amazing. For the lack of a better description, this very clever combination of pink-peach-bronze colours just makes the wearer look alive and healthy. At any time of year. Best of all, the discreet sheen imparts a subtle youthful glow without being overly "glowy" or shiny. Due to my large pores I usually cannot use anything remotely glowy or shiny since this accentuates my pores even more. But not this one. Not a bit. It is a miracle product. You simply MUST check it out when you are at a BB booth. You'll thank me...honestly. BB products are often either hit or miss for me ( e.g. Hate her lippies - great colours but either incredibly drying or increadibly smeary and greasy). But for Antigua she should go to heaven :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This product is pure love. As far as powders go, this comes about as close to shimmery, soft pink perfection as I've found. Just the softest, barely perceptible shade of neutral/cool pink that's deep enough to wear as a blush (the brownish base adds depth without it wearing too deep or bright, as most blushes do) yet also highlights thanks to the fine shimmer. I'm psychotic about anything with a shimmer being too frosty but the shimmer in this merely encourages this powder from a flattening matte finish to a soft, near-satin finish. Prevents your face from looking flat or dull, as most bronzers have a tendency to do so. The soft pink actually brightens up my face without looking bright-blushy. I typically prefer a cream but there are days when a powder is just easier to swipe on and go, also they can layer very nicely over a cream for a more polished finish. This wears nicely on it's own to even out skin, brighten and yes, illuminate. I just look healthier with this on. This layers nicely over her Chocolate cherry PR for some more depth. I wanted a soft, neutral, brightening pink without looking too cotton-candy pink and this is it. My olive tone typically makes even the most subtle pink shades look ridiculous, but this is lovely. Absolutely backup worthy. I can see this flattering a variety of skin tones.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this on a whim after chatting with an expert on BB online. I wear this over my Bronzing Powder Light to give my cheeks a lift. I will then put a pop of peony on the apples of my cheeks. I wish I would've gotten a dark color to seem more bronze- it's more a blush to me.

on 2/26/2010 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Ok, first of all, I would not file this product under the "bronzer" category. I use it as a blush, with maybe some light strokes around my temples and forehead. But I use a separate bronzer (laguna). I really really love this color. It's like if Orgasm and Deep Throat by Nars had a baby, but with less shimmer. It is just so beautiful on my skin. A natural, warm, pinky flush. I just love it. And when I apply it with my beloved bronzing brush by Bobbi Brown, the result is just delicious! A very unique, pretty color.

I heard that Bobbi Brown was coming out with a bronzer with shimmer in it over a year ago, and that it was going to be beautiful. I was told to watch for “Antigua”.

I purchased Antigua the first week it premiered without even trying it on. I hurried home and put it right over the blush I was wearing, and I just glowed! I’ve tried it with my regular bronzer, with pot rouge, with everyone of my six powder blushes (I’m a BB blush addict), and all by itself. It always looks wonderful no matter what, and never looks like I’ve tried to do anything at all. To make sure it lasts (powder blushes have a tendency to fade on me)…my favorite combination is Bronzer, Pale Pink Pot Rouge, and then Antigua. I look a little ruddy with any of the deeper shades of Pot Rouge underneath. It’s reminiscent of Soft Lights by Smashbox (lighter than Tint…deeper than Shimmer), but so much nicer. It doesn’t have that nasty white look if I put on a little too much. It’s so finely milled and silky to the touch that it never looks bad if I get a little heavy-handed. And it’s not shiny at all.. The Anigua is VERY subtle. Just lovely illumination:)

It gives me that sunny, healthy, pretty “I’ve been on a vacation” look. Now…who could ask for more?