Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua
Illuminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.3

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Silica , Polyethylene , Tricaprylin , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Isopropyl Myristate , Lanolin Alcohol , Isopropyl Palmitate , Lanolin Oil , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Tocopherol , Tetrasodium Edta , Chlorphenesin , Potassium Sorbate , [ /- Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) , Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288) , Ultramarines (Ci 77007) , Red 36 Lake (Ci 12085) , Manganese Violet (Ci 77742) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140) , Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410) , Red 34 Lake (Ci 15880) , Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850) , Mica , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510) , Red 6 (Ci 15850) , Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985) , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200) , Carmine (Ci 75470) , Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380) , Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360)]

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I saw the shade, Antigua, online and thought it might be a good shade. I went to one of the BB counters for advice and quick tips and long story short..... I adore this color. I use the cool sand foundation and the two work together so well. Oh,, I use this as a blush. I have another bronzer I use from Tarte. I have fair skin and I again, just love the Antigua,

on 9/13/2015 11:50:00 AM

This is fantastic! While I consider the name a little misleading--it's more of a blush than a bronzer, IMO, it's one of my favorite cheek products.

I really don't see how this could be used as a bronzer, as it's way too pink. The color is a slightly cool-neutral pink on me (NW15) with slight gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't at all over the top and is barely noticeable, making it suitable for the office. While it's not highly pigmented, it's easy to layer this and get a natural looking flush. You don't need a lot of product to get that glow.

What I don't love about it is the packaging. I have 4 BB bronzers, all in the same compact, and 3/4 of the clasps (is that the right word for them?) have broken. I'm not especially rough on my m/u, as most of it sits in a vanity. It's irritating that the compact won't stay completely closed now, especially given how much these cost.

Overall, while I love this, I can't give it a 5/5 because of the annoying compact clasp and the somewhat misleading name. Otherwise, I love this and use it at least once a week.

on 6/10/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Antigua and have used it for years. It is a cooler pink with a little bit of shimmer--not crazy sparkle at all. If I want to get the perfect bronze for my skin tone (Bobbi Brown Sand or Warm Sand) I mix the Antigua with the Natural bronzer compact. Just a swirl in both palettes to load the brush, then a light swipe to cheeks, forehead and chin.

on 1/20/2015 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product is fantastic for pale skins! I am always very wary of bronzers, as they are usually too obvious, dark or orange. 'Antigua' is a lovely pinky bronze with a touch of shimmer, which makes the bronzing effect quite subtle and easy to apply. I often use it in winter too as it's so flattering. It's also great for contouring, used with a highlighter. Plus, the pan is HUGE, much bigger than BB blush, so it does feel as if you get more for your money.
I can't fault this product at all, as I've previously had a nightmare finding a decent bronzer for my skin tone!

on 10/7/2014 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It's a decent product but the shade, Antigua, was one of the lightest and pinkest, and it looks on me like it's too brown to be blush and too pink to be bronzer. For whatever reason, I'm just not impressed with it.

on 3/2/2012 8:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Being that I already own the illuminating bronzer in Maui, I didn't think I needed this shade, but after seeing the swatches online and reading reviews, I had to purchase Antigua. I actually think Antigua shows up better on me than Maui. I have medium-tan skin (4.0 in MAC Matchmaster or NW30/NC30-I can go either way depending on the foundation) and Antigua really gives my cheeks a nice pop of color. I don't think this is much of a bronzer at all, but it gives my cheeks a nice, healthy dose of color without looking too overdone. Plus there is plenty in the compact to last me a very long time. Once again, kudos to Bobbi Brown for nailing another wonderful product!

on 8/21/2011 6:56:00 AM

I was intrigued about the blusher/bronzer for fair skin, my skin is very fair. I would agree that the more accurate way to describe it is as a blusher. It is quite pink, more like sunburn than suntan to me. I wasn't overly keen on the gold sheen the Antigua gives, it seemed to highlight imperfections and pores, the opposite effect you want. I think the Shimmerbrick gives a nicer effect if you want a bit of a glow.

I generally love Bobbi's products, but I think her matt bronzing powder is better on my particular skintone.

on 5/17/2011 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Like many reviewers of this product, I am very pale. Normal bronzer just looks stupid on me, but this is a gorgeous colour. I agree that the colour is more of a blusher than a bronzer. I don't find it glittery, just gives a subtle, flattering glow. Use it lots in the warmer months when my Pale Pink Pot Rouge doesn't feel quite right.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Brilliant bronzer! I have never been able to wear any bronzer as they always look ridiculous on me. I am super pale with a cool pink undertone. I have tried loads and loads of bronzers and eventually gave up trying to find one. Saw this and thought I would try once more. So so glad I did. Perfect. It's subtle, will last ages and makes me look healthy.

on 7/10/2010 1:01:00 AM

I got this is a pallette and I had read that it makes a good blush on very fair skin. I am so fair that I use a fan brush a just a tiny swipe of this and it is perfect. I have blue undertones and have never been able to use anything with peach in it, but this has enough pink that it's ok. If I put very much on the peach starts to come out more. My daughter has blonde hair and cool toned skin, but a slight tan and it goes real well on her also. The pink ballet lipcolor that came in the pallette and this for a blush matches best for her, and the azaela which is a pinky plum, but sheer , is best on me. I think this is a good blush for fair skin as it is sheer and natural. Nars Orgasm is supposed to be pinky peach, but it is way more orange and bright.