Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

Filtered by age: 36-43
Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua
Illuminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.4

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Silica , Polyethylene , Tricaprylin , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Isopropyl Myristate , Lanolin Alcohol , Isopropyl Palmitate , Lanolin Oil , Ascorbyl Palmitate , Tocopherol , Tetrasodium Edta , Chlorphenesin , Potassium Sorbate , [ /- Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) , Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288) , Ultramarines (Ci 77007) , Red 36 Lake (Ci 12085) , Manganese Violet (Ci 77742) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140) , Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410) , Red 34 Lake (Ci 15880) , Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850) , Mica , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510) , Red 6 (Ci 15850) , Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985) , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200) , Carmine (Ci 75470) , Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380) , Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360)]

on 9/13/2015 11:50:00 AM

This is fantastic! While I consider the name a little misleading--it's more of a blush than a bronzer, IMO, it's one of my favorite cheek products.

I really don't see how this could be used as a bronzer, as it's way too pink. The color is a slightly cool-neutral pink on me (NW15) with slight gold shimmer. The shimmer isn't at all over the top and is barely noticeable, making it suitable for the office. While it's not highly pigmented, it's easy to layer this and get a natural looking flush. You don't need a lot of product to get that glow.

What I don't love about it is the packaging. I have 4 BB bronzers, all in the same compact, and 3/4 of the clasps (is that the right word for them?) have broken. I'm not especially rough on my m/u, as most of it sits in a vanity. It's irritating that the compact won't stay completely closed now, especially given how much these cost.

Overall, while I love this, I can't give it a 5/5 because of the annoying compact clasp and the somewhat misleading name. Otherwise, I love this and use it at least once a week.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is great stuff. Like others have said, my first thought was "how can a bronzer be pink" but it is and it is quite gorgeous. I am a total bronzer addict but this, probably because my skin is so pink already, really makes me look like i have been out in the sun. There is just enough brown in it to fake sun and just enough shimmer to keep it from going flat.

If you are a pale person who normally does not do bronzer because you think they are all orange, this is a great first "bronzer."

My only complaint is bobbi brown compacts have weak clasps and this, like my bronzer, does not shut properly after having used it for a while. I love the design of the compacts and the mirror size but she needs to work on the clasps.

on 6/2/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Supremely beautiful bronzer with nice pink undertones instead of orange or brown, it's just so expensive!

Very recently purchased and already a favorite! Lovely hybrid of bronzer and blush with slightly illuminating properties.. natural, brightening and softening, can be built up to be really bright. I agree with "pupupu" about the packaging not closing well after a while - it has happened to many of my Bobbi products. I am a Bobbi Brown Beige 3, and this is perfect! Sort of the only blush/bronzer you need on a trip - AA++

on 7/1/2011 8:18:00 PM

FIrst, I love Bobbi Brown. I cannot resist a woman entreprenuer with a pioneer spirit. The great thing about her is she has managed to forge into a territory that not many other cosmetic companies have - the darker skin tones. She's also done it brilliantly. It's not just the darkest tones, either it's the ones in the middle that she seems to have nailed so perfectly - like NC40 me! I wear the 4.5 in the foundations and the Antugua is the perfect counterpart. It's not too shiny, not too sparkly. not too pigmented. It's perfect. And once it is applied and it sort of oxodizes, it sort of melds into my (yellow toned) skin and looks like I've been swinging through the jungle and eating fruit all of my life in the tropical sun. Ok, that's corny, but it does give a great glow year round. It's perfect. Love.

on 5/17/2011 9:49:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Like many reviewers of this product, I am very pale. Normal bronzer just looks stupid on me, but this is a gorgeous colour. I agree that the colour is more of a blusher than a bronzer. I don't find it glittery, just gives a subtle, flattering glow. Use it lots in the warmer months when my Pale Pink Pot Rouge doesn't feel quite right.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Brilliant bronzer! I have never been able to wear any bronzer as they always look ridiculous on me. I am super pale with a cool pink undertone. I have tried loads and loads of bronzers and eventually gave up trying to find one. Saw this and thought I would try once more. So so glad I did. Perfect. It's subtle, will last ages and makes me look healthy.

on 3/23/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Alrighty as we all know this should be marketed as a blush and put in the blush catagory. Anyhow I think women from fair to dark could wear this shade and it would show up, it would depend on if this is a shade/formula you would like. To me it's a medium (not bright) pink, not a blue based pink but a neutral pink. Nicely pigmented and not alot of shimmer/glitter on the cheeks but not flat/matte either. It retails for $33 for .28 oz/8 g.

I would hardly describe this product as a bronzer...shimmer blush, yes, all-over face color - maybe. But not a bronzer - not if the color you are looking for is anything resembling a tan. This is a shimmering peachy-pink color reminiscent of Nars Orgasm. It applies fairly sheer - the shimmer factor is not as great as it might appear in the pan. I paired this with Bobbi's Pink Beige lip gloss - a pretty combo. If you are looking for a bronzing powder and your are fair like me, take a look at Bobbi's Natural bronzing powder. Now that's a bronzer. You might also like Nars' Maui multiple for a believable reddish brown hue.

on 2/11/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Bought this based on reviews, and let me say for reference, I am NW15-20. First off, this is NOT a bronzer....not a trace of brown in this product...it is PINK. Even though I had read about this not being your typical bronzer, I bought it anyway, the magic and intrigue pulled me in:)) This product imo, is a pink glow type highlighter. It is well made, but really not much different than a baby pink blush, *except* it does put a "glow" on your skin. For that reason alone, I like it. But...my bronzer search continues. The name here is misleading, becasue a "bronzer" is not the color of pink. There is shimmer in this product but no frost, a soft powder in its composition.