Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua
Illuminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in AntiguaIlluminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I saw the shade, Antigua, online and thought it might be a good shade. I went to one of the BB counters for advice and quick tips and long story short..... I adore this color. I use the cool sand foundation and the two work together so well. Oh,, I use this as a blush. I have another bronzer I use from Tarte. I have fair skin and I again, just love the Antigua,

on 10/2/2017 4:45:00 PM

I can't believe I have not reviewed this! This is such a staple HG for me that I never even look at other blushes... well, ok, I bought Nars Orgasm because I figured I NEEDED it since everybody in the world seems to love it. And, I do like Orgasm but nothing, I MEAN NO OTHER BLUSH, looks as good on me as Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Antigua. I have hit pan once and bought again and I just bought a new blush/bronzer combo she has on her website for the holidays just because it has Antigua in it. The pots are so big, that they last me a year and a half using it everyday. Now, I know this is technically a bronzer but as others have said, it is an absolutely perfect blush for my NW20 light to medium skin tone. But, it works as a light bronzer too on me, but I never us it that way because it's so perfect as a blush. HG HG HG... I will lay down and die if it's ever discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I first bought this product about 3 years ago and have just bought my second one so felt it was time to write a review. This is a gorgeous pink with a hint of shimmer and the slightest hint of brown. It's all I need to use on my NC20 skin. Used lightly it can give the look of a slight tan (I do go pinkish in the sun!). Recently after watching lots of Youtube videos I convinced myself I needed a mat bronzer and to use this as a blush so I bought the BB golden light, but I still prefer Antigua on its own. Maybe I will use the Golden Light when I actually have a real tan!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite summer blush. It warms my cheeks with a lovely glow, with a faint shimmer. I love me some shimmer! It's not over the top, just lovely. Huge pan that lasts forever. Expensive. This is not a bronzer, that's just nuts.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This looks just beautiful on my olive skin. It's the perfect summer bronzer blush and looks totally natural. I think it would look good on other skin tones too.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is great stuff. Like others have said, my first thought was "how can a bronzer be pink" but it is and it is quite gorgeous. I am a total bronzer addict but this, probably because my skin is so pink already, really makes me look like i have been out in the sun. There is just enough brown in it to fake sun and just enough shimmer to keep it from going flat.

If you are a pale person who normally does not do bronzer because you think they are all orange, this is a great first "bronzer."

My only complaint is bobbi brown compacts have weak clasps and this, like my bronzer, does not shut properly after having used it for a while. I love the design of the compacts and the mirror size but she needs to work on the clasps.

on 1/20/2015 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product is fantastic for pale skins! I am always very wary of bronzers, as they are usually too obvious, dark or orange. 'Antigua' is a lovely pinky bronze with a touch of shimmer, which makes the bronzing effect quite subtle and easy to apply. I often use it in winter too as it's so flattering. It's also great for contouring, used with a highlighter. Plus, the pan is HUGE, much bigger than BB blush, so it does feel as if you get more for your money.
I can't fault this product at all, as I've previously had a nightmare finding a decent bronzer for my skin tone!

on 8/23/2014 5:27:00 PM

How good is this bronzer ( ok, we all know it actually is a blush-bronzer hybrid)?

It it so phenomenally good that I repurchased it 3 times by now. Nope, the other 2 didn't break, crack, nothing untoward happened to them. But I used them up. Aaaaaaall the way to the bottom of the pan. And this has never, EVER happened to any blush I posess. I either get bored of them, or they don't look right in the height if the summer or dead of the winter, but this one....amazing. For the lack of a better description, this very clever combination of pink-peach-bronze colours just makes the wearer look alive and healthy. At any time of year. Best of all, the discreet sheen imparts a subtle youthful glow without being overly "glowy" or shiny. Due to my large pores I usually cannot use anything remotely glowy or shiny since this accentuates my pores even more. But not this one. Not a bit. It is a miracle product. You simply MUST check it out when you are at a BB booth. You'll thank me...honestly. BB products are often either hit or miss for me ( e.g. Hate her lippies - great colours but either incredibly drying or increadibly smeary and greasy). But for Antigua she should go to heaven :-)

on 5/13/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have the BB Antigua and the Maui for a pop of color on the cheeks over bronzer. Love them both!

Very recently purchased and already a favorite! Lovely hybrid of bronzer and blush with slightly illuminating properties.. natural, brightening and softening, can be built up to be really bright. I agree with "pupupu" about the packaging not closing well after a while - it has happened to many of my Bobbi products. I am a Bobbi Brown Beige 3, and this is perfect! Sort of the only blush/bronzer you need on a trip - AA++