Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version [DISCONTINUED]
SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version [DISCONTINUED]SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version [DISCONTINUED]SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version [DISCONTINUED]Drugstore foundation swatches--outdoorSuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

Great foundation. It has a beautuful flawless finish on my combo oily skin. Great Maybelline and it has a pump!!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin: combination normal on cheeks/sides of face + oily forehead, nose, chin. Frequently have dry patches of flaking skin on chin because I use retinol regularly throughout the week.

First off, I am surprised by some of the reviews on here stating that this foundation had "no coverage" in fact it's one of the best high coverage foundations from the drugstore I have ever tried. I have probably used and purchased 80% of the drugstore foundations in stores, especially anything that claims to be long wearing.

I found that the best application was with a damp beauty blender, but I generally don't prefer to use a brush especially with foundations that are on the thicker side such as this one. The texture on the back of my hand feels very creamy and thick but I don't think that thickness translates onto the skin, in fact this feels MUCH more lightweight than my Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily/combo skin. That one really feels like a mask, but in comparison this one really is light weight.

The finish is beautiful! As long as you get a good color match. I purchased two shades that I can mix for when I am paler or when I am using self tanner so I bought Natural Beige + Golden. Right now Natural Beige by itself is my perfect shade. I love that this doesn't seem to oxidize at all once the foundation is set.

My pores look immaculately smooth with this foundation!! My biggest pet peeve with some high coverage foundations is when they sit deep within my pores and just look ghastly. I actually don't have very large pores because I use retinol and other exfoliating acids that take care of that but with certain foundations they can look bad. This isn't one of them thankfully!

Wear time: I get a solid 8+ hours with this foundation, my blush, bronzer, highlight, etc stays looking immaculate literally until the time I remove my makeup at night which is usually around 10 or 11 pm. Btw, I do powder/bake HEAVILY with any foundation I'm using in the morning to get my oily skin to hold up. I do this with any liquid foundation with either Coty Airspun or Sacha Light buttercup.

The foundation on the tip of my nose almost always rubs off due to my sinus issues so I'm constantly rubbing at it with a tissue. If I were to go out at night after work, this foundation allows me to easily touch up on top to make everything look super fresh again. So at the 8-9 hr mark, I just blot with either a tissue or blotting paper and throw on some pressed powder on top and it looks fresh again. I can do this with Revlon Colorstay but generally that one gets cakey looking when I add product on top whereas this one still looks lightweight and smooth.

Overall, I'm seriously impressed with this foundation. I never used the old formulation of it but based on my experience with this new one, I don't think any oily skinned people will be disappointed! Being I have normal skin on my cheeks, I think you can totally use this with a decent moisturizer underneath for normal skin types. Dry skin types---be aware it can start to cling onto dry patches throughout the day. When I'm flaking from retinol use, this foundation looks great at the beginning of the day and starts to peel some dry skin after about 6 hrs. When that happens I make sure to carry some hydrating facial mists to spray over it throughout the day (Mario Rosewater, Pixi glow mist, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, any Eminence mists are good options)...

This foundation reminds me a lot of Laura Mercier's new Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation! I received a sample of that a few months ago and fell in love with it but haven't purchased it because of the price tag. If you liked that one I think you'll enjoy this.

on 11/12/2017 3:51:00 AM

I like the packaging, it's a pump so no contamination. I've deducted that it's a reasonable foundation for those with oily skin but I would not recommend it for normal to dry skin. I have normal skin and have found this foundation to have no coverage, in fact I don't even look like I have foundation on, it has no lasting power therefore. I would not be wasting my money again. Maybelline should promote this products for oily skins but it's all about making money.

on 8/15/2017 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE this foundation!! Perfect for my combination skin type. I use the darkest shade and it matches me really well.

on 7/2/2017 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Generally speaking this foundation is really good for a drugstore one. The price is good and the packaging (that comes with a pump) is amazing. It comes in 6 shades (I got the lightest one) and is really lightweight with medium coverage. I think it's better for oily or combination skins and not for my type, that's why I won't buy this again, but other than that is really good!

on 12/18/2016 8:04:00 PM

I've been consistently using this foundation everyday for the past couple of years and I absolutely love it. I live in a place where the temperature not infrequently goes over 100F and the weather is very humid, making most foundations melt off my face within a couple hours of leaving the house, but not this one. This has a matte finish and the Porcelain Ivory color fits me just right, the price is decent and the product lasts a good amount of time (I used up 4 bottles this year, so about 3 months each). The only complaint I have about this is that where I live, the bottle doesn't come with the pump and that doesn't make for the most convenient packaging.

My HG long-lasting foundation! I love going clubbing, so on these nights (and special events) a long lasting foundation with a flawless finish and huge pigmentation is a must. The shade fits me good (20 - cameo). Not THE fitting shade but still a good match. The application is easy and quick. You can build up the coverage but 2 pumps are enough for me. Your face won't get cakey at all (unless you put on too much of foundation or powder). You will find a flawless canva with a semi-matte finish which doesn't look unnatural. The 24h foundation doesn't streak or fades away when you touch your face. And it really resist sweating and heat good. Ok, my t-zone has some sick days/nights where I just need powder in my bag but that's not bad, tbh. The price is ok, there are way more products which claim similar things but don't fulfill them (high end brands). I'll keep repurchasing for sure!

on 8/4/2016 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this as an alternative to my HG Estee Lauder DE, since I sometimes like to save the good stuff for special occasions.

Firstly, price wise, was still kind of expensive in NZ, like $37, BUT better than the $69 for EL, so pretty cheap by comparison.

I'm NW15 in MAC usually and the colour 003 true ivory is a very good match. I have no trouble with oxidation, it stays true to colour during the day. The finish is sort of matte. Not as flat as DW, but definitely not dewey.

Coverage is awesome. A good medium-full which is impressive. Once on, it does have a slightly tacky feel, but that goes away when I set it with powder. It does, however, feel kind of annoying on my eyelids; like it's making my eyelids sticky or something. I really need to focus on putting powder on my eyelids to stop this otherwise it drives me mad!!

It definitely lasts the distance. I can't attest to its '24 hr super stay' claims, but it is definitely robust enough to a last from 8am-10pm. I'm not oily so I have no problems with needing to blot.

The pump in mine gets kid of messy but I do like the pump.

Overall, one of my fave drugstore foundations, one that I think outshines a lot of its competition in this price point.

I thought I had found my favorite foundation until I tried this. I just grabbed this with me when I was grocery shopping because I need a foundation just for one evening (had forgotten my makeup at home). I had no expectations about it and wasn't really thinking I'd even like it since I hate the 24H powder.

This is now over a month ago and ever since I bought it I've always grabbed this when I'm doing my makeup. This foundation doesnt smudge, is easy to apply and blends well. It's also really easy to contour with it and it is a high coverage without making your skin look greasy (at least mine doesn't).

I also travelled this weekend where the weather was hot and rainy + quite busy schedule. I didn't expect any foundation to go through this perfectly, but at the end of the day my face honestly looked okay. Obviously not perfect, but I could get away with it for a little longer. So impressed by it and I LOVE that it is a cheap drugstore foundation!!

on 1/26/2016 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Found this at Woolworths and was pleasantly surprised to see that they had my colour. I fit the 03 "True Ivory", for reference. The display said $14, so I went to purchase it, and the scanner said $24! Turns out that only one colour was on sale, but they had the sale sticker on every rack.

Then was even MORE upset to Google the product and find stores that sell it for around $10 locally. If I had my receipt I'd have returned it to purchase the cheaper one, but alas I had no receipt. Boo.

Hardly smells, but the scent is a little like sunscreen, a bit odd as I don't see an SPF rating.

Slightly sticky, but shouldn't be a problem when you're applying a powder on top.

"Microflex technology" despite the name, doesn't mean it flexes around and won't crease as much. Just means it repels water and oils. To test this, I applied some on my hands, and lo and behold, when I put a drop of water on it and tried dabbing it off, the foundation was much more sheer in the area that got wet, despite letting it dry.

Seems to stay on for a while. You really need to apply some pressure to get the colour to wipe on your shirt (colour transfer is an issue if you wear a turtleneck, glasses, or just like hugging people) and it needs a decent amount of pressure to transfer, even then you still have quite a bit left on your face. Not really "full" coverage as I've heard people say. I don't know if that's different with other shades, but even though I have decent skin, the pimples I did have, weren't fully covered, and there was still colour showing through. I wouldn't recommend this product for covering acne, you'd really need something more full coverage. I'd say it's a "medium-full" coverage.

Doesn't create a lot, but I still had to bake my face to prevent creasing around the mouth and eyes.

Pretty good product, definitely not worth the almost $25 I paid, but would definitely recommend and repurchase if you can find it around $10.

UPDATE: This oxidises so heavily. When I apply it to be "full coverage" it suits my skin tone perfectly, but in ten minutes it's slightly orange, in an hour or so it's super orange. Be careful and use sparingly!