Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My HG long-lasting foundation! I love going clubbing, so on these nights (and special events) a long lasting foundation with a flawless finish and huge pigmentation is a must. The shade fits me good (20 - cameo). Not THE fitting shade but still a good match. The application is easy and quick. You can build up the coverage but 2 pumps are enough for me. Your face won't get cakey at all (unless you put on too much of foundation or powder). You will find a flawless canva with a semi-matte finish which doesn't look unnatural. The 24h foundation doesn't streak or fades away when you touch your face. And it really resist sweating and heat good. Ok, my t-zone has some sick days/nights where I just need powder in my bag but that's not bad, tbh. The price is ok, there are way more products which claim similar things but don't fulfill them (high end brands). I'll keep repurchasing for sure!

on 8/4/2016 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got this as an alternative to my HG Estee Lauder DE, since I sometimes like to save the good stuff for special occasions.

Firstly, price wise, was still kind of expensive in NZ, like $37, BUT better than the $69 for EL, so pretty cheap by comparison.

I'm NW15 in MAC usually and the colour 003 true ivory is a very good match. I have no trouble with oxidation, it stays true to colour during the day. The finish is sort of matte. Not as flat as DW, but definitely not dewey.

Coverage is awesome. A good medium-full which is impressive. Once on, it does have a slightly tacky feel, but that goes away when I set it with powder. It does, however, feel kind of annoying on my eyelids; like it's making my eyelids sticky or something. I really need to focus on putting powder on my eyelids to stop this otherwise it drives me mad!!

It definitely lasts the distance. I can't attest to its '24 hr super stay' claims, but it is definitely robust enough to a last from 8am-10pm. I'm not oily so I have no problems with needing to blot.

The pump in mine gets kid of messy but I do like the pump.

Overall, one of my fave drugstore foundations, one that I think outshines a lot of its competition in this price point.

To Read all 621 Reviews, Login or Join

I thought I had found my favorite foundation until I tried this. I just grabbed this with me when I was grocery shopping because I need a foundation just for one evening (had forgotten my makeup at home). I had no expectations about it and wasn't really thinking I'd even like it since I hate the 24H powder.

This is now over a month ago and ever since I bought it I've always grabbed this when I'm doing my makeup. This foundation doesnt smudge, is easy to apply and blends well. It's also really easy to contour with it and it is a high coverage without making your skin look greasy (at least mine doesn't).

I also travelled this weekend where the weather was hot and rainy + quite busy schedule. I didn't expect any foundation to go through this perfectly, but at the end of the day my face honestly looked okay. Obviously not perfect, but I could get away with it for a little longer. So impressed by it and I LOVE that it is a cheap drugstore foundation!!

on 1/26/2016 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Found this at Woolworths and was pleasantly surprised to see that they had my colour. I fit the 03 "True Ivory", for reference. The display said $14, so I went to purchase it, and the scanner said $24! Turns out that only one colour was on sale, but they had the sale sticker on every rack.

Then was even MORE upset to Google the product and find stores that sell it for around $10 locally. If I had my receipt I'd have returned it to purchase the cheaper one, but alas I had no receipt. Boo.

Hardly smells, but the scent is a little like sunscreen, a bit odd as I don't see an SPF rating.

Slightly sticky, but shouldn't be a problem when you're applying a powder on top.

"Microflex technology" despite the name, doesn't mean it flexes around and won't crease as much. Just means it repels water and oils. To test this, I applied some on my hands, and lo and behold, when I put a drop of water on it and tried dabbing it off, the foundation was much more sheer in the area that got wet, despite letting it dry.

Seems to stay on for a while. You really need to apply some pressure to get the colour to wipe on your shirt (colour transfer is an issue if you wear a turtleneck, glasses, or just like hugging people) and it needs a decent amount of pressure to transfer, even then you still have quite a bit left on your face. Not really "full" coverage as I've heard people say. I don't know if that's different with other shades, but even though I have decent skin, the pimples I did have, weren't fully covered, and there was still colour showing through. I wouldn't recommend this product for covering acne, you'd really need something more full coverage. I'd say it's a "medium-full" coverage.

Doesn't create a lot, but I still had to bake my face to prevent creasing around the mouth and eyes.

Pretty good product, definitely not worth the almost $25 I paid, but would definitely recommend and repurchase if you can find it around $10.

UPDATE: This oxidises so heavily. When I apply it to be "full coverage" it suits my skin tone perfectly, but in ten minutes it's slightly orange, in an hour or so it's super orange. Be careful and use sparingly!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm a NW50 for general reference and i was shocked to see the darkest shade Cocoa in a Canadian cosmetic discount store (the entire shade range isn't shipped to Canada's regular drugstores) so I grabbed a bottle. The medium coverage and formulation great for my combo skin covering all the acne scaring I need it to but still matching so well it looks skin like,

the only reason it's not getting 5 stars is because it doesn't have a pump and it's a tad dewy, which is fine once I set it. longevity is great i've had it last 8hrs can't speak to it being 24hrs but it's lasts as long as I need it to

it's awesome doesn't look like i'm wearing foundation it just looks like I have clear skin which is what I want for an everyday foundation I'd wear to school or work, I think I may have found my holy grail drugstore foundation, will definitely repurchase.

on 10/19/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My holy grail has always been Revlon Color Stay! But I heard this one was comparable to the Revlon one so I picked it up just to try it. This was during the summer and I grabbed the color sand beige I believe. It fit my skin tone perfectly and was so happy with it. I loved how the foundation covered all my blemishes and looked so beautiful on my skin. Now is winter time and of course my skin got much paler. Loving this foundation I went back and got the shade Classic Ivory expecting it to be a good tone for my much paler skin tone. When I got home and put it on I was so surprised to see how incredibly dark and orangey the foundation looked!! When I swatched my old color "sand beige" and "classic ivory" next to each other the ivory one looked darker and much warmer toned. I put on fake tan the other day and tried it wit a fake tan n its a better fit but STILL too orange tone for me! Is weird to see that "sand beige" is a much cooler and lighter color than "classic ivory" which is suppose to be a pale color. Sad that I wasted my money.. I had to go back to the store and got the Revlon Color Stay instead and bought their "Ivory" which is their lightest shade and it works perfectly. When u swatch and compare "classic ivory" from maybelline they are not even close to being the same shades!!! They need to come out with more cool tone paler shades!!! Sucks that I have to wait till next year in SUMMER and have to FAKE TAN to be able to wear "classic ivory"!!!! I also avoided the "porcelain ivory" shade because is to pink for me as well!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First of all I've got a twist cap and I found that shaking well before opening made kept the foundation on top, so it was definitely easier to pour on the back of my hand. This provides an extremely nice light layer of coverage and it does not feel heavy at all, this is perfect for me because I am not a fan of foundations at all, I want as little as possible just to hide my pimple scars. It doesn't stay on for 24 hours as it claims, the max for me would probably be 5-6 hours and then I would have to do some touch ups.

I had bought the Maybelline Better Skin before exchanging it to this, I found that the Better Skin had a very thick formula, it provided a nice coverage but it just felt really heavy on my face and felt uncomfortable.

I also have the Maybelline Dream Wonder which I was using before I found the SuperStay, it's light on the skin but it didn't hide my pimples scars so well. It also gave me dry spots although I had mosturised sufficiently.

Prior to Dream Wonder I had the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation, this gave me very little coverage. Overall the Better Skin, Dream Wonder and Nearly Naked were all a miss for me. Although I think the SuperStay is great with coverage and consistency, I do think there is a better foundation out there but overall I'm pretty satisfied with this the SuperStay.

on 7/31/2015 10:35:00 AM

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! it gives a great coverage and doesn't leave my face looking too cake. It makes my face look super smooth. It also works well with my combo skin, which is surprising. I know it's not the best foundation on the market, but it works great for the price and for everyday use. A small amount of it can cover quite a large area.
The only downside is that mine doesn't come with a pump, therefore it is rather difficult and time consuming to get the foundation out of the bottle.

I bought this foundation when i had serious acne and i wanted something to cover it all. I used to use it every morning followed by my concealer and that was all. It did cover my problematic skin pretty well but it does not look natural. now that my skin has cleared up I dont use it on an everyday basis. When I use it (usually when I go out at night) I use a thin layer just to cover my redness and it looks flawless. my skin is normal with an oily T-zone and I always use a mattifying primer on this area and I am oil free all day. With only the foundation I can get away with maybe 5 hours before it starts to look shiny and it will melt if you are very oily. Overall it is a pretty decent foundation but I dont think I would repurchase.

on 7/4/2015 6:14:00 PM

Best way to apply it: your fingers or a dense flat top kabuki brush

Coverage: high medium (not full, but almost there)

Texture: more on the thick side, very creamy, very blendable, spreads easilly. I can feel I have foundation on. It doesn't bother me, but I know many people don't like that feeling.

Finish: between matte and dewy, leaning more matte. Even being almost matte, even giving me almost full coverage, it still looks pretty natural, which I think is the most amazing feature of this product.

Packaging: Good! I have the European one, with a pump, thankfully. I can imagine the pumpless bottle would be annoying, being it a thicker texture.

Color match: (on NC25ish skin) 021 Nude looks a little more pinkish than I would like in the tube, but it isn't too noticeable on the face. Maybe Classic Beige would be more yellowish, but it looked a bit too dark on the tube.

Does it oxidize? No

Skin type: Normal, matturing, with oilyer t-zone and drier patches around the cheeks.

Smell: I don't notice any

Longevity: really really good. Even if I don't set it with powder, it goes on all day. It might develop a little shine on the nose area after 4-5 hours, but nothing major, a little blotting fixes it quite easily.

Does it break you up? No

Overall rating (1 to 5): 5

Will you repurchase it? I don't see why not.

Such a beautiful foundation! I prefer it 10 times over the Revlon Colorstay, which gives me the same coverage and lengevity, but tends to look more cakey (I have the combination/oily version, maybe the normal/dry would be different?)
I use it more on Winter time, because in Summer I prefer to use lighter coverage foundations or BB creams. Also, because it makes my face look so flawless that it wouldn't look natural compared to the rest of my showing skin. But if you do like full coverage foundations on an everyday basis, I think you'll love it year round. I cannot speak for really oily skin types, though.