4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

Love this brush, It's very soft, and picks up color well. I've had mine for 2 years, and I haven't noticed any shedding, but then again I don't wash my brushes as much as I should (Bad, yes I know.). This brush is great, and it was a great price, Less than $3 dollars (:

About reviewer (98 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I love this brush, I actually use it for everything I do with eyeshadow, you don't have to only use it for smudging. It was my only eyeshadow brush for months. Would definitely buy another if it ever becomes unusable.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesBrown

10 years ago

Like the other studio tools I really like the quality. It washes well, the handle is great and there is absolutely no shedding. I love this brush for smudging, packing on color in the outer v or in the crease and for applying color under the lower lash line. Very versatile and the price cannot be beat. I need to buy more of these brushes.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

10 years ago

Another score for Studio Tools! I don't know who makes these - or how they produce such fantastic brushes for so cheap. That - or I start to think about just HOW much money MAC, Sephora, and other big time cosmetic companies are making off us from brush sales! This is another great brush that doesn't shed, bleed, or smell funky. This is great if you want a smudged smokey look and can layer some powder shadow onto a lashline with some liner - or if you want to just smudge out some eyeliner.

About reviewer (699 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

10 years ago

One of the best smudge brush I have. I own MAC 219 and Sigma 219 pencil brush. However, I like this one for smudge far better.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

10 years ago

I LOVE my smudge brush. For the past few years, I've been using a smudge brush that came with a makeup brush set I purchased. It's been more than 3 years and to this day it still sheds and is scratchy against my sensitive skin. In retrospect, I'm not sure why I continued to use it. Well, I finally got sick of it last week and stopped by Target on my way home from work to purchase a cheap replacement. OMG! The Studio Tools smudge brush was a tremendous change from my crappy old smudge brush. From the start, it didn't shed one bit. It's also luxuriously soft and applies my shadows like a dream. I went back the next day and bought 2 more, at less than $3 a piece, how could I not?

About reviewer (116 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

I bought a bunch of these in 2006 and haven't had to replace one of them. I use them for eyeshadow application every single day. I find the bristles soft and they apply powder shadows like a dream! I haven't had to repurchase, but totally would if they ever wore out, which after 3 years they are still amazing. I have not had any shedding either and I use the Shu Uemura cleaner to clean them and just lie flat to dry.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

10 years ago

I love this brush for my lower lash line it great forsmudging eyeliner or just applying eyeshadow since it's so small you really can't mess up :) I use this almost everyday and would definetly repurchase

About reviewer (36 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

10 years ago

This is the BEST eyeshadow brush for me, and the one I use most often. It is my smallest shadow brush...I pack color on my small lids with this thing. I own quite a few of these, because I can use this brush to apply different colors on the the lid and blend, blend, blend (or is that smudge, smudge, smudge). The bristles are natural fibers and soft as can be, yet packed together firm enough for good control. I don't lose color with this...I have not had to constantly swipe at the shadow to get color. I can't stomach spending so much money on brushes when I can get this great one for less than $3.

About reviewer (286 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 years ago

I'd like to know who named the smudge brush. What cosmetics maven was blending his or her eyeliner and thought, "Man, we need a brush that is just for blending the eye line a bit. What are we going to call this new best-seller? I know! The smudge brush!" But I digress. Back to Studio Tools and how much I love them for making a 2.49$ smudge brush. What I have found about the most inexpensive brush offerings is that they tend to have a relatively small selection: a powder brush or kabuki, of course, blush brush, maybe two sizes of eyeshadow brush with the same basic shape... but they don't offer a smudge brush or a contour brush or a flat-top blush brush (SK has the cheapest one of those, at 14.99$. I'm about to break down and get it. I want it SO BAD it's sick.) And here comes Studio Tools, with its decent line of perfectly good brushes that knock the pants off the other decent lines of perfectly good brushes (that are about 4-5$ more expensive.) No, it's not earthshattering--it's not going to change the way I do my makeup--but it's a tremendous bargain.

About reviewer (347 reviews)

Age19-24