LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

LUSH Grease Lightning Spot Cleanser

3.7

Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion (Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia), Organic Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Sea Water, Grape Juice (Vitis vinifera), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Witch Hazel Extract (Hamamelis virginiana), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 11/23/2016 12:39:00 PM

It was pretty affordably priced and decided to give it a go after seeing great reviews online and from recommendation by the SA since I was looking for a spot treatment for my occasional pimple. Found this quite disappointing as a spot treatment, didn't seem to help with making the spots smaller, and definitely didn't make any disappear overnight like what I read in reviews (ok maybe i was too gullible haha) but it doesn't seem to help too much over the days too. Pimples from a week ago are still reddish and inflamed right now but at least smaller, and I have been applying everyday as a spot treatment (super thick drip of it and left to dry, since the product dispenses too much anyway), sometimes twice a day if I remember to.

Pretty disappointed in this, but maybe I'll try another way of using it (SA told me it works as a spot treatment better than all over the face but maybe I'll give it a try all over as a 'prevention is better than cure' or something?!?!?) There's quite a lot of product and the shelf life is like a year, plus I like the smell so I'd be okay with it applied on my entire face.

on 11/18/2016 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin with persistent acne in the form of large, pus filled whiteheads, which scar. I also have those weird forehead bumps.

Unfortunately, this product did nothing for me. Neither helped nor did any damage. I tried it for 2 months, following the methods of application mentioned on MakeUp Alley by people for whom it had worked. Nothing at all.
Also, the packaging is quite wasteful, one pump dispenses too much product.

To Read all 213 Reviews, Login or Join

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I only get whiteheads and those weird bumps you have with oily skin, no cystic acne. It worked on neither but didn't make it worse either. I don't quite like the packaging as you tend to dispense way too much of the product with one pump (and you can't do a half pump), unless you have heaps of pimples, but this can be solved by decanting it I suppose.

on 9/29/2016 11:31:00 AM

I love this!!!! I recently bought it and expected to see some difference within a few weeks if at all, but by the first night my zits had become a lot smaller and did not hurt, and it reduced redness/remains of others. The best thing is that my skin was not even dry afterwards, and i have dry skin! Concentrate this on the spots you need and let sit overnight, for me it has worked wonderfully :)

on 7/11/2016 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product saved my skin! It really works on any type of acne! I usually get whiteheads, and this product helps shorten the life span of it. You know those "bumps" you get on your forehead, with no real reason to them, but they just show up? This product works for that too! It also helps to lighten acne scars and make that spot on your skin go away! I found that the trick to this product is to put it in concentrated areas, and to layer it thick on top of moisturizer. Before, I used to spread it all over my forehead because that's where all my acne was. Now I've learned to use it right, and it has worked so well. My skin would be so ugly without this product, I could never be without it!

LOVE LOVE LOVE. this product helped with clearing up most of my acne! it is perfect for combo skin because it hydrates AND mattifies your skin (but not in a drying way) it just makes your face feel so clean. I believe it aided in brightening some of my acne pigmentation as well! I like to apply it before bed (after washing my face) and I do not wake up oily as I normally do. I also apply this before doing my makeup (before moisturizing) and it has significantly changed the amount of blemishes I get! lasts a LONG time because of the liquidy gel consistency, you just need a few little drops to do your whole face. very worth the price

Grease lightning really seems to work as a spot treatment for me. I have cystic acne to the point of using dermatology prescribed creams. However they were really dying up my skin and not working. I decided to incorporate this serum and it really reduces the redness and tones down the cyst. My skin seems to be improving due to this serum but I also try to drink loads of water so that might be helping as well. I hate acne in my 30's!! Luckily this little baby came along

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this last time I was in Lush. I have combination/sensitive skin prone to breakouts and really needed something to speed the healing process up. Spots were taking weeks to fade and then leaving scars for months.
I put this on immediately on a spot on my chin that was beginning to form. It has a gel like consistency and a little goes a LONG way. It doesn't really absorb into the skin so much as it does form a dry film on top of it. I would only really use this as a spot treatment or maybe as a serum under a moisturizer as it is quite drying. It has a nice tea tree smell to it and doesn't hurt or burn so good for those with sensitive skin.
It did a great job at calming my spots, it barely showed for the 2 days I had it and hasn't left a scar either. A little really does go a long way, the sample pot was not even a quarter filled and I still have loads left over. I will definitely be purchasing this next time I'm in Lush.

on 4/14/2016 3:00:00 PM

I have gone through at least 4 bottles of this stuff. I don't find it as effective as a spot treatment as I do a cleanser, but it works differently for everyone. I have combination skin and throughout the day my skin can get very red and oily, so I keep this in my bag and occasionally just dab a little onto my fingers and pat it onto my t-zone. It mattifies my skin and makes it feel so cold and refreshed, I don't think I could live without this product! It wipes out redness and usually will help lessen pimples that are not at the surface yet. Loyal lush customer and this is one of my faves :)

I use a good amount before I go to bed. My skin has definitely improved since I started using this.